Bielsa Contract ** now signed**

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Bielsa Contract ** now signed**

Post by Scoobychief »

Wonder whats keeping bielsa from signing his contract?
billysboots
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Bielsa Contract still not signed

Post by billysboots »

As usual our enigmatic coach does things his own way.
There Is Only One United.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

They haven't figured out which pen he really likes to sign with yet ... its in hand ...
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

I am not botheredby this at all, he will do what he wants regardless of contract.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Bielsa signs...

HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Brilliant news.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Re: Bielsa Contract ** now signed**

Post by mothbanquet »

Never in doubt.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Cool as a cucumber ... never concerned me :scarfe2:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Never doubted it, but relieved just the same.

Our resident genius for one more year at least. :-)
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

John in Louisiana wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 4:50 pm Never doubted it, but relieved just the same.

Our resident genius for one more year at least. :-)
The way I see it John, each year he will want to improve on the previous one...untill we have won the Prem title... so he is here for at least another 2 years... :angel: .... and then it will be the Champions league :angel: :scarfe2: :scarfe2: :scarfe2:
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

Great news
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
Aussieleeds
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Aussieleeds »

Great that it’s done but given Bielsa is our recruitment magnet, I could see how the coach only signing for a year might impact recruitment - especially in the Jan transfer window.
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Aussieleeds wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:25 pm Great that it’s done but given Bielsa is our recruitment magnet, I could see how the coach only signing for a year might impact recruitment - especially in the Jan transfer window.
If we’re flying at that point, no impact, If we’re struggling, more difficult.

Bielsa has only ever signed one year terms for us, but this is his third season in charge. We have been good for him, but more he for us.

Que sera, enjoy it while it lasts, he’ll be 66 next year - hopefully when he eventually goes he’ll leave behind a better prepared management and a seriously more attractive club for any potential recruits.
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

I read there were two sticking points, one was that we wanted him to sign a 2 year contract and two he was unhappy about the amount of extra press interviews the PL demands.

Personally I think one year is enough, although I think Bielsa is the best in the world at getting the best out of average Championship players, I don’t believe he is the man to coach the modern day player who already has it all.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Richard wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 5:52 am I think Bielsa is the best in the world at getting the best out of average Championship players, I don’t believe he is the man to coach the modern day player who already has it all.
Interesting point, do you think that may have something to do with why we have recruited and spent on some of the best 18 to 23 year old's so effectively? Along with those we already have.
You hear so many players admit that Bielsa took their game to the next level...( in the case of Philips he took him to international level, before he even kicked a ball in the prem)
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

2 years would have been a statement, but accept that's not how Marcelo works.

We have yet to see how he will approach the prem, so too early to judge him at this level. Based on what we know of him, I expect him to give it his all and take us comfortably to the next level. Very important season, for him and us.
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

SaraM wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 9:19 am 2 years would have been a statement, but accept that's not how Marcelo works.

We have yet to see how he will approach the prem, so too early to judge him at this level. Based on what we know of him, I expect him to give it his all and take us comfortably to the next level. Very important season, for him and us.
Honestly Sara, I'm more concerned about fans not having the patience to let him do his thing and flapping if we're near the bottom three. :roll:
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

Smudge3920 wrote: Sat Sep 12, 2020 6:22 am Interesting point, do you think that may have something to do with why we have recruited and spent on some of the best 18 to 23 year old's so effectively? Along with those we already have.
You hear so many players admit that Bielsa took their game to the next level...( in the case of Philips he took him to international level, before he even kicked a ball in the prem)
I find the u23s a strange one, after winning the title we sold or moved on virtually the entire team. This next crop seem even more promising. I think it was vital we kept Bielsa this season as only he would get the best out of this bunch in the PL. For me, it is survival, aim for mid table and get in 3-4 players who improve us.

I think the crunch is; Bielsa insisting on a small squad, the loyalty he has to those he has guided for two years and him being a good old fashioned coach. If we want to eventually compete with the top 6 you need a coach who can handle the drama often attached to the modern day top drawer footballer.

If Bielsa has improved every player by 25% they are still way behind the best this division has to offer, those players brought into the Bielsa dream and idea, they wanted to become better but that ‘better’ has a ceiling.

I have a strong feeling that many of these top names we’ve been linked with failed to impress Bielsa, not so much ability, he was fearsome of their attitude. Benrhama was supposedly top of the shopping list, I heard Bielsa pulled the plug on him after he posted a video of himself showing a far from humble side on holiday. Sadly that is the modern day footballer, they need a coach who understands that side of today’s society.

One year for Bielsa is all we need, I don’t feel Bielsa will enjoy the PL and he will hate it when he realises it is all about the money, it doesn’t matter how good a coach you are, take Lampard and Chelsea, Lampard isn’t fit to wipe Bielsas arse when it comes to tactics and coaching but Chelsea will be top 5 because of the finances nothing to do with Lampard.

Bielsa will have had enough before next season starts. I think Rads and Orta probably sense the same.
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

Great news to hear just wish it was a 5 year deal

This has been painted on the OneStop shop at Hyde Park, Woodhouse. opposite the Hyde Park pub
8030CF48-A158-4D7A-B999-70645475BCD7.jpeg
8030CF48-A158-4D7A-B999-70645475BCD7.jpeg (172.14 KiB) Viewed 2094 times
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

Just gorgeous.