How's everyone's nerves?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

How's everyone's nerves?

Post by YorkshireSquare »

How are we all doing?

Before Christmas and even after to a certain extent with the Spygate distraction I wasn’t nervous. It’s was great being at the top of the table, it wasn’t something we expected at the start of the season so it was enjoyable. But now, with only 7 games left it’s very real. This is the closest we have been in 14 years and with it so tight at the top so much rides on the results every weekend. I’m a nervous wreck come 3.00pm on a Saturday and with games like Saturdays even more so come quarter to five!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: How's everyone's nerves?

Post by 1964white »

Just about holding my nerve Adam

Ask me after our next two games :lol:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

I still feel pretty confident that we will go up, but waiting for the match that confirms it is driven me crazy.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Nervous, disheartened, annoyed, jubilant, all with 2 hours on Saturday, expecting the same for the next 6 games.

So much better than thinking if we do well the next few games we can finish 10th and hopefully start building for next season.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

I'm always nervous before and during games, even when we were 14th with nothing to play for. Even more so now! Trying to remember how I felt in 09/10 when we were last this close to promotion.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

SG90 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:16 am I'm always nervous before and during games, even when we were 14th with nothing to play for. Even more so now! Trying to remember how I felt in 09/10 when we were last this close to promotion.
Me too always nervous during the game even when we are 2 up.

I feel a sense of calm with a three goal lead, rarely the case though.

West Brom & Reading were bliss :-D
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I wear my heart on my sleeve in the match day threads but rest of time I'm on a level..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Dalton
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Dalton »

The thing is I can see us gaining points on Sheff come Saturday. They have 2 away games like us but i fancy us at Brum and i think they (like Norwich) could come unstuck a tPreston
My my my, such a lot of guns around town and so few brains
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

I'm a jangling wreck before and during a game , sometimes I'd rather not watch . Saturday I put sky news on with Its Unbelievable Jeff and that last 20 mins was well... UNBELIEVABLE ! God knows how I'll cope if it's all on the last match or even a Wembley po final.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

As we know with Leeds, it won't be easy! I remember when we lost 3-0 at home to Swindon and thought we'd blown it, but then won our next 3 to turn it right around. Then lost to Charlton meaning a win or matching Millwall would get us up. Then we were down to ten men and one nil down and the rest is history...

Feeling it. Ipswich away 1-1 a win gets us up. A defensive mistake let's them score early, we equalise just before HT through Klich. Izzy Brown steps off the bench with 15 to go... 88 min, Pablo puts it on a plate, Brown tap in we go up. 8-)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

As I said after the blunts, all we can do now is win every game. No reason why we can't, just need to cut out the silly mistakes like we did from West Brom to Reading games. Roofe and Clarke coming back are big boosts and dare I say it, I still think Brown will play a big part for the finale. Come on Leeds! 8-)
mothbanquet
Manager
Manager

Post by mothbanquet »

My nerves are iron. If they weren't I'd go insane. We're possibly looking at our first game in the Premier League in a decade and a half, but not close enough to take it for granted. Just when I'd thought 'this is it, fairytale's over' we'd pull one out of the blue like this weekend. Folk say we've stumbled too much this season to make it up but you know what? Other teams have stumbled just as much, if not more.

Providence has brought us here and that's not changed. It's all about waiting as those matches tick down, till the last game of the season or luck willing, before then.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

Blues and Preston will go a long way to deciding the fate of the automatic promotion places. Sadly, I think Norwich are there now, cant see them slipping up with the games they have coming up. QPR and Reading respectively and both at home.

We play Blues when Sheff Utd play Preston on Saturday and then vice versa on the following Tuesday. We need to better the Blades results ; would be fantastic if we could win both and they only got 1 or 2 points, - I cant see them losing both but one is possible. That would then give us a lead of around 6 or 7 points which surely would be insurmountable with just 5 games after these two matches.

That said, getting 2 wins at St Andrews and Deepdale is going to be very very hard and one things for sure, we will have to be so much better defensively than we were on Saturday. Not sure my heart is going to take this run in !!!!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

I'm almost trying to develop some weird detachment, whereby I've convinced myself we won't go up, so any positive result is a bonus. As they say, it's the hope that kills you.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

cool as a cucumber me. don't know whats all the fuss is about. we'll piss it.
hector

Post by hector »

kermit1.gif
kermit1.gif (457.67 KiB) Viewed 4019 times
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Having left Puzzlewood on Saturday with the score 2-1 to Milwall with Sheff Utd winning i was despondent. Cue me asking the other half to check the score in the car and telling Leeds were winning 3-2 and Sheffield Utd losing i was on cloud 9. Nearly crashed car.
Nerves are shot
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Worst case scenario is that we falter but even then we'd be in the play-offs. Unlike previous time sin the play-offs though there is no one for us to fear. Despite our awful record in the play-offs there is no reason why we wouldn't be capable of going up. That said I still think we can go up as champions.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Nerves .. What nerves!
Have to say I'm loving it and why not for crying out loud.( ae they say down sarff !)
Only Millwall& co. are brickin' it ... And we all know why ....? We are Leeds United.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

leic white 63 wrote: Mon Apr 01, 2019 2:51 pm cool as a cucumber me. don't know whats all the fuss is about. we'll piss it.
:love: :love: