Dan James

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Dan James

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2024 3:41 am Don't know how many times I've wanted to see Dan nick a goal this way and I missed it :rant:

Glad to see his constant effort and running pay off for him.

Source: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Llfwfu1U7Dg
Nice
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

https://sports-view.co.uk/2024/03/gabby ... ood-enough

He may be right, maybe James isn't for top level football technically

The irony is though that Agbonlahor was exactly the same type of player.

Really quick, not great technically

Had a decent few years as a younger player, soon as pace faded was absolutely done then decided to leech of his supposed beloved club for years and years whilst being an unprofessional tit.

That last bit I'd where the 2 differ, James is the ultimate professional and that is something that means a lot in football because he will work hard and that can make the difference if you maybe haven't that natural technical class.

Agbonlahor just dossed around for 10 years.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I hope in the remaining 8 games we have to play, the opposition fans spur Dan James on by singing " who let your country down" and Dan smashes the words down their throats.
I know we have sang it in the past, it often spurs said player on to shut them up.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

I really like Dan James, for his professionalism and team ethic. Let's be honest here, he is not the first player to take a poor penalty and he won't be the last. Always makes me smile how people jump on the player for missing (or in this case having it saved) yet nobody ever mentions the five or six cowards that don't put there hand up to take one, they are all professional footballers at the end of the day, but as we know only a few are full on team players.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Johnthewhite wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:12 pm I really like Dan James, for his professionalism and team ethic. Let's be honest here, he is not the first player to take a poor penalty and he won't be the last. Always makes me smile how people jump on the player for missing (or in this case having it saved) yet nobody ever mentions the five or six cowards that don't put there hand up to take one, they are all professional footballers at the end of the day, but as we know only a few are full on team players.
Indeed. There was a welsh forward on the pitch who decided not to take one, Nathad Broadhead, from Ipswich.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:43 pm Indeed. There was a welsh forward on the pitch who decided not to take one, Nathad Broadhead, from Ipswich.
He’d faded during the game in fairness
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:55 pm He’d faded during the game in fairness
He'd only been on the pitch 8 minutes.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

We'd have to check with the expert :roll: but I think that's known as a fast-fade.
In Farke we trust...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Been a bit buried in the post thread and tbf he's looked shell-shocked since international anyway.

But concern Dan may have a nasty injury per DF press conference.

Waiting for tests.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Cjay wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 10:29 pm Been a bit buried in the post thread and tbf he's looked shell-shocked since international anyway.

But concern Dan may have a nasty injury per DF press conference.

Waiting for tests.
Looked like an intercostal muscle injury to me (that’s the group of muscles which allow the ribs to flex and bend whilst breathing).

I didn’t like the way the Boro players were trying to drag him up, basically accusing him of time wasting.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Orange Box wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 6:05 am Looked like an intercostal muscle injury to me (that’s the group of muscles which allow the ribs to flex and bend whilst breathing).

I didn’t like the way the Boro players were trying to drag him up, basically accusing him of time wasting.
Nowt worse than a broken rib, that's what it looked like to me, but your medical background trumps that and i didn't know what that was till you explained above.

I once came down like he did last night, landing with my elbow trapped between my ribs and the ground, bust 2 ribs and boy does it hurt when you cough or laugh, he seemed to be holding himself like you do after such.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Kennyb41 wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:19 am Nowt worse than a broken rib, that's what it looked like to me, but your medical background trumps that and i didn't know what that was till you explained above.

I once came down like he did last night, landing with my elbow trapped between my ribs and the ground, bust 2 ribs and boy does it hurt when you cough or laugh, he seemed to be holding himself like you do after such.

Been there, done that. Don’t want to do it again. Could be a season ended for Danny-boyo
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Barlow Boy wrote: Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:04 pm Dan out of the QPR game…..

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-n ... -dan-james
Abdominal injuries around the rib cage area can be a bitch to heal. I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the Southampton game as well.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:14 am Abdominal injuries around the rib cage area can be a bitch to heal. I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the Southampton game as well.
Dan will be out for this season with those injuries, Chilli.

Thank god, Gnonto is playing well.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:45 am Dan will be out for this season with those injuries, Chilli.

Thank god, Gnonto is playing well.
Interesting use of an unnecessary comma. Totally changes the message as it makes it seem like you are thanking god that Dan James is out for the season - and then the 'Gnonto is playing well bit' is just an afterthought. :)
Last edited by weasel on Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:45 am Dan will be out for this season with those injuries, Chilli.

Thank god Gnonto is playing well.
Is that better?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

1964white wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 12:10 pm Is that better?
Perfect :)
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Chilli D wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 9:14 am Abdominal injuries around the rib cage area can be a bitch to heal. I wouldn't be surprised if he misses the Southampton game as well.
Agree Chilli, could be season over.

He didn’t look happy at the end of the game walking around, he looked in serious discomfort.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Johnthewhite
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Johnthewhite »

Barlow Boy wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:09 pm Agree Chilli, could be season over.

He didn’t look happy at the end of the game walking around, he looked in serious discomfort.
That's a real shame as he would have been very useful in the play-offs. I really like Dan he's a proper team player 👏