Liam Cooper

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Overman
Manager
Manager

Re: Liam Cooper

Post by Overman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:23 pm What happened to Kenny btw. Just asking because he was calling for this a couple of weeks ago when we had options. Cooper at the back Ampadu in midfield.
Most probably incarcerated.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Finnatic wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:18 pm Unfortunately for Cooper and the rest of the team, the two games where we have conceded a two or three goals (Soton and Watford) are about the only times the opposition has played with three very attack minded players and put us under pressure from the off.
So it makes Coopers ‘stats’ look worse.
I can’t think of another team that has taken the game to us when Rodon has partnered Ampadu.
And it came at a time when we had the most disjointed team performance due to injuries and players coming back from internationals on very short turn arounds.

I am curious as to how many Watford players were on international duty. They were well prepared for this and totally fresh. Where as several of ours looked a bit leggy and the team incohesive. No coincidence that our liveliest, freshest player - Summerville - wasn't on international duty. I just think Watford's players were fresher and had plenty of time to work on their game plan.

That being the case, I think Cooper is getting a lot of flack for what was (through no fault of our own) a pretty poor team performance overall.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 8:28 pm And it came at a time when we had the most disjointed team performance due to injuries and players coming back from internationals on very short turn arounds.

I am curious as to how many Watford players were on international duty. They were well prepared for this and totally fresh. Where as several of ours looked a bit leggy and the team incohesive. No coincidence that our liveliest, freshest player - Summerville - wasn't on international duty. I just think Watford's players were fresher and had plenty of time to work on their game plan.

That being the case, I think Cooper is getting a lot of flack for what was (through no fault of our own) a pretty poor team performance overall.
That’s my take on it too.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 7:04 pm The fact remains, we concede goals when Cooper starts.

Does he fit into our style?
Is he a good fit alongside either Rodon or Ampadu?
Or is Coops just unlucky we concede goals when he plays?
Not a fact, you can't say it's a fact when he steps in for a game every now and then we concede goals, the same thing likely to happen if any CB comes in. Also I don't think Ethan had a good game at DMF which left the back two CB's a touch venerable ...
Last edited by The Subhuman on Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:56 pm Not a fact, you can say it's a fact when he steps in for a game every now and then we concede goals, the same thing likely to happen if any CB comes in. Also I don't think Ethan had a good game at DMF which left the back two CB's a touch venerable ...
Have to agree with that too
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 11:56 pm Not a fact, you can say it's a fact when he steps in for a game every now and then we concede goals, the same thing likely to happen if any CB comes in. Also I don't think Ethan had a good game at DMF which left the back two CB's a touch venerable ...
Ampadu was poor, also some rated Kamara whom I thought wasn't good, which didn't help our back four.

I almost gave Ethan 5/10 in the ratings, I upped it to 6 as he was back to his old-self playing as a CB in the final 30 minutes, my lowest rating for Amps, this season.

Still don't think Coops suits our style of play any more. Pascal is more adept to Farke's style!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:50 am Ampadu was poor, also some rated Kamara whom I thought wasn't good, which didn't help our back four.

I almost gave Ethan 5/10 in the ratings, I upped it to 6 as he was back to his old-self playing as a CB in the final 30 minutes, my lowest rating for Amps, this season.

Still don't think Coops suits our style of play any more. Pascal is more adept to Farke's style!
Rodon - Ampadu - Cresswell - Right side

Struijk - Ampadu - Cooper - Left side

Is what the depth chart should look like...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:52 am Have to agree with that too
Surprised you were not on the 21's thread to comment on our 3-2 loss in the Premier cup Quarters ... strange line up I thought
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 11:44 am Surprised you were not on the 21's thread to comment on our 3-2 loss in the Premier cup Quarters ... strange line up I thought
Totally missed it. Been busy and have some catching up to do.
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Mar 30, 2024 9:20 am It is a natural reaction for many defenders when they know they are in trouble.
Cooper went up for the header and lost at which point he was sunk and out of desperation was appealing for a foul I think.

Perhaps a number of our players need reminding that We Are Leeds United and we will never get the benefit of the doubt from Referees; too many are falling down hoping for free kicks. When you pull that kind of stunt in defence you are asking for trouble
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

1964white wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 8:50 am Ampadu was poor, also some rated Kamara whom I thought wasn't good, which didn't help our back four.

Agreed, I read the ratings thread and couldn't believe some had rated Kamara in the top 6, granted we were poor all over but he was absolutely terrible, easily his worst performance for us, kept losing possession and getting bullied off the ball too easily
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2024 5:24 pm Cooper went up for the header and lost at which point he was sunk and out of desperation was appealing for a foul I think.

Perhaps a number of our players need reminding that We Are Leeds United and we will never get the benefit of the doubt from Referees; too many are falling down hoping for free kicks. When you pull that kind of stunt in defence you are asking for trouble
Nah he was clearly calling for offside , the ball had already been played twice before he put up his arm