Best Album Poll : List Of Winning Albums

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Best Album Poll : List Of Winning Albums

Post by 1964white »

We already have the very popular Best Song Poll Thread ongoing but i am looking to run a Best Album Poll simultaaneously with the new poll in the format of the way i present the Man Of The Match polls therefore excluding nominations

I would post up three artists on a Sunday evening with a list of their studio albums & all our members have to do is vote for their favourite album from any of those three bands/artists....so just one vote in each poll

I would probably select the artists from the current Best Song Winners list which can be found on page 274 on the BSP thread starting at the top of the list & working downwards, many of the artists who are not noted for their albums won't be considered for these polls

Each set of polls will last for one week only

Should be fun !

Any thoughts ?
Last edited by 1964white on Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:02 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Re: Yet Another Set Of Polls

Post by Martyn »

1964white wrote:We already have the very popular Best Song Poll Thread ongoing but i am looking to run a Best Album Poll simultaaneously with the new poll in the format of the way i present the Man Of The Match polls therefore excluding nominations

I would post up three artists on a Sunday evening with a list of their studio albums & all our members have to do is vote for their favourite album from any of those three bands/artists....so just one vote in each poll

Only bands/artists who have recorded a minimum of five albums are eligible for these polls

I would probably select the artists from the current Best Song Winners list which can be found on page 274 on the BSP thread starting at the top of the list & working downwards, many of the artists who are not noted for their albums or haven't recorded five albums won't be considered for these polls

Each set of polls will last for one week only

Should be fun !

Any thoughts ?
It's a shame that some great artists who didn't record 5 albums would be excluded - off the top of my head I would suggest Amy Winehouse, Nick Drake, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Buckley made some cracking music - but if that's the way you want to do it then yes, I'd participate.
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Needn't be 5 studio albums recorded when the artist was alive
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

Should be fun when we get to Zappa with 62 albums during his lifetime and (so far) another 37 since.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Martyn wrote:
It's a shame that some great artists who didn't record 5 albums would be excluded - off the top of my head I would suggest Amy Winehouse, Nick Drake, Jimi Hendrix, Jeff Buckley made some cracking music - but if that's the way you want to do it then yes, I'd participate.
You make a good point Martyn, how could we omit such great artists out of an album poll, forget that rule !
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

But if only those bands with five albums are eligible, what about the June Tabor/Oysterband collaboration?

"Freedom and Rain" and "Ragged Kingdom" are two of the best albums ever.

:duno:
gessa

Post by gessa »

I'm in. :tup:
LUFCRACE
Manager
Manager
Twitter: lufcrace

Post by LUFCRACE »

you're poll obsessed, man! :twisted: :lol:
BRING BACK BRADDERS

International English and maths study programmes for children of all ages and abilities. Give us a shout if you think your child could benefit.
www.facebook.com/KumonWakefieldNorth
1964white

Post by 1964white »

LUFCRACE wrote:you're poll obsessed, man! :twisted: :lol:
:lol: :lol:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

John in Louisiana wrote:But if only those bands with five albums are eligible, what about the June Tabor/Oysterband collaboration?

"Freedom and Rain" and "Ragged Kingdom" are two of the best albums ever.

:duno:
Forgive my surprise but also delight to find that such classics of British folk are appreciated in Louisiana
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Yet Another Set Of Polls - Results updated On Here Weekl

Post by Gandalf »

Can somebody remind me what I voted for in the last "Best Album" poll ? :duno:
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Can somebody remind me what I voted for in the last "Best Album" poll ? :duno:
NO....just vote again even if it is different to last time :wink:
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Martyn wrote:
Forgive my surprise but also delight to find that such classics of British folk are appreciated in Louisiana
New Orleans and Lafayette (where I live), in particular, have great local music scenes. Lafayette is the home of Cajun and Zydeco music. I belong to an organization called Louisiana Folk Roots which is dedicated to the preservation and propagation of Cajun music, cuisine, and folkways. Folk music is very big among our crowd, and there is a substantial following for bands like Oysterband, Fairport, the Pogues, Silly Wizard, and the like, as well as singers like Sandy Denny, June Tabor, Mary Black, and Kate Rusby.

We also have great free music festivals. Festival International in the spring and Festivals Acadiens et Creoles in the fall, in particular. Louisiana Folk Roots sponsors one called Rootstock, which we held yesterday (and is why I wasn't on VLR for the game). We had Li'l Buck Sinegal (guitarist extraordinaire and formerly of Clifton Chenier's band), Michael Doucet (of Beausoleil), Geno Delafose, and other Cajun/Zydeco giants. I highly recommend all of these festivals, and fellow MOTers are welcome if they can get themselves here.
gessa

Post by gessa »

John in Louisiana wrote:
New Orleans and Lafayette (where I live), in particular, have great local music scenes. Lafayette is the home of Cajun and Zydeco music. I belong to an organization called Louisiana Folk Roots which is dedicated to the preservation and propagation of Cajun music, cuisine, and folkways. Folk music is very big among our crowd, and there is a substantial following for bands like Oysterband, Fairport, the Pogues, Silly Wizard, and the like, as well as singers like Sandy Denny, June Tabor, Mary Black, and Kate Rusby.

We also have great free music festivals. Festival International in the spring and Festivals Acadiens et Creoles in the fall, in particular. Louisiana Folk Roots sponsors one called Rootstock, which we held yesterday (and is why I wasn't on VLR for the game). We had Li'l Buck Sinegal (guitarist extraordinaire and formerly of Clifton Chenier's band), Michael Doucet (of Beausoleil), Geno Delafose, and other Cajun/Zydeco giants. I highly recommend all of these festivals, and fellow MOTers are welcome if they can get themselves here.
Are you familiar with, Hurray for the Riff Raff , John?
Last edited by gessa on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

New Best Album Poll - Results Updated On Here Weekly

Post by Martyn »

John in Louisiana wrote:

Sounds fabulous John.

Are you familiar with Bellowhead?
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: New Best Album Poll - Results Updated On Here Weekly

Martyn wrote: Are you familiar with Bellowhead?
gessa wrote:
Are you familiar with, Hurray for the Riff Raff , John?
Yes and yes. Love them both. Saw HFTRR a while back at a local club here in Lafayette.

The very first concert I ever attended was back in the early 1970's, a free show at the University of Connecticut. Fairport Convention headlined the show, second billing went to Aerosmith, and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band opened. Fell in love with Fairport that day,and still like them better than either of the other two. Was already a fan of British bands, particularly the Who and the Kinks, but Fairport opened my eyes to British folk. Been a huge fan ever since. I worship at the altar of Richard Thompson. :-D
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

John in Louisiana wrote:
I worship at the altar of Richard Thompson. :-D
As do I - total genius. :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

John in Louisiana wrote:
Yes and yes. Love them both. Saw HFTRR a while back at a local club here in Lafayette.

The very first concert I ever attended was back in the early 1970's, a free show at the University of Connecticut. Fairport Convention headlined the show, second billing went to Aerosmith, and Bruce Springsteen and the E Street Band opened. Fell in love with Fairport that day,and still like them better than either of the other two. Was already a fan of British bands, particularly the Who and the Kinks, but Fairport opened my eyes to British folk. Been a huge fan ever since. I worship at the altar of Richard Thompson. :-D
Well these new polls have opened up new discussion on folk music which is a great love of Anorak & Martyn in particular Richard Thompson an artist who has quite a few admirers on here. Good to hear your views John :tup:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

New Best Album Poll - Results Updated On Here Weekly

Post by Martyn »

John in Louisiana wrote:

A very appropriate billing I reckon, Springsteen is good enough to support RT and the Fairports
1964white

Post by 1964white »

So we've had 27 votes in the first three best album polls since Sunday evening :clap:

Well done our music fans :tup: