Leeds v Chesterfield....Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Re: Leeds v Chesterfield....Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Twiggster wrote:Goals here CLICK

Kinnel Kenny? AGAIN! :roll: Fluffed their goal and thank fook Pearce was awake to clear off the line, when Kenny fekked up again....Kenny is more hot and cold than my bath taps.

Great strikes from Brown and Dom tho :tup:
And there again is the disadvantage of watching only the highlights.

Kenny made a few very good saves. Lees and Pearce were dodgy all game.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

From the highlights , looks like we got lucky to get away with it .
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Kinnel Kenny? AGAIN! :roll: Fluffed their goal and thank fook Pearce was awake to clear off the line, when Kenny fekked up again....Kenny is more hot and cold than my bath taps.

If Pearce had cut out the initial pass/been better positioned then the shot wouldn't have got away. Was a good run through. Funny that playing worse opposition made us look worse...

Full backs seemingly at fault a lot throughout. Thompson has the excuse of inexperience, but Drury's just not cut out I don't think.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Genghers wrote:Full backs seemingly at fault a lot throughout. Thompson has the excuse of inexperience, but Drury's just not cut out I don't think.
The issue is the diamond. The midfielders play with no width so it all has to come from the full backs. That means they get caught out far too much for my liking.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Shields53 wrote:
Erm... not really sure what to say about this one.

I know it wasn't the normal starting XI but it wasn't a great performance. Some bright sparks but a lot to work on? MOTM? Brown possibly.
I didn't listen to the match, just know the score and the crowd.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

My match report;
viewtopic.php?t=29193
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Shields53 wrote:The issue is the diamond. The midfielders play with no width so it all has to come from the full backs. That means they get caught out far too much for my liking.
Perhaps. The centre-backs are meant to split, and defensive mid drop back when defending I thought. Maybe it just needs more time to gel.

Shame to hear that White was poor again, this season really must be make or break for him?
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

Genghers wrote: Perhaps. The centre-backs are meant to split, and defensive mid drop back when defending I thought. Maybe it just needs more time to gel.

Shame to hear that White was poor again, this season really must be make or break for him?
100th game and we still don't know what his position is. He had his moments, was involved in both goals but his final ball let him down on several occasions and didn't really get stuck in when it got scrappy.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a difference in just a few days makes & a drastic effect performance-wise when we make seven changes to the team that started v Brighton

This was a total abject display from virtually all of the first eleven, the exceptions being Kenny, Poleon & old man Brown who takes the MOTM honours for me. Tbh i feel MB will be overrun if played in the championship but he put in a good shift v a very enthusiastic Chesterfield outfit who outplayed us for long periods of the game with their neat passing & movement

Who was the League 2 side i ask ? thankfully this game wasn't played on their patch or else it may have been a different scoreline which quite frankly flattered us.

Kenny 7 - another solid display between the sticks with some smart sleeves as his back four & midfield did their best to make it an uncomfortable night for him
Thompson 5 - did okay but nowhere near ready for the first eleven yet, struggled to get forward
Pearce 5 - no change here as far as i can see from last season, made one good clearance off the line which shouldn't have been allowed to happen by our inept & hesitant defence
Lees 4 - how has TL managed to get into the England U21 team....nervous & uneasy on the ball/caught out of position/lumbering are just a few of his traits....WE REQUIRED A TOP COMMANDING CENTRE-BACK
Drury 5 - as Shieldsy has already mentioned we require our full-backs to push forward in the system we play....didn't happen last night. Peltier & Warnock definitely are our first team full-backs
Green 3 - probably his worst game in a Leeds shirt....constantly committed suicide by losing possession of the ball in dangerous areas, his own making i must add !
Brown 8 - without doubt our MOTM, great goal & involved in the good parts of our play
Norris 3 - surely will struggle to play many games after this shocker
White 3 - a player who looked promising as a youngster....six years later he has deteriorated to what can only be described as out of his depth....League One beckons
Smith 5 - was looking forward to seeing this lad....disappointed after what i witnessed here...won alot of headers but nothing materialised from them, lumbered through the game, missed a glorious chance early doors which he somehow scooped it in the air as the ball remained in play in a real comedy moment. Coming off the bench is his destiny for the future game i reckon
Poleon 8 - our only frontman who looks like he has goals in him, excitng to watch when ypong LEON is on the ball :lol:

Subs :

McCormack & Murphy - gave us more composure in midfield....Murphy is gonna be a star !
Last edited by 1964white on Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

1964white wrote:Pearce 5 - no change here as far as i can see from last season, made one good clearance off the line which shouldn't have been allowed to happen by our inept & hesitant defence
Lees 4 - how has TL managed to get into the England U21 team....nervous & uneasy on the ball/caught out of position/lumbering are just a few of his traits....WE REQUIRED A TOP COMMANDING CENTRE-BACK
I know Twiggs is quick to criticise Kenny again after the 50 second highlights clip he has seen but lets be honest, both the goal and the chance cleared from the line were down to poor defending. We constantly let players run into space, don't close down and don't track. Where was the marking for the goal? How did the full back have that much space to cross? And why did Pearce or Thompson not track the runner for the chance cleared off the line.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Shields53 wrote:
I know Twiggs is quick to criticise Kenny again after the 50 second highlights clip he has seen but lets be honest, both the goal and the chance cleared from the line were down to poor defending. We constantly let players run into space, don't close down and don't track. Where was the marking for the goal? How did the full back have that much space to cross? And why did Pearce or Thompson not track the runner for the chance cleared off the line.
Was making the same points in the kop as i viewed the game LIVE :lol:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Kinnel Kenny? AGAIN! :roll: Fluffed their goal and thank fook Pearce was awake to clear off the line, when Kenny stranded himself again....Kenny is more hot and cold than my bath taps.

Not sure about Kenny stranding himself - he had to come out and throw himself at the ball because our central defence just watched a simple pass being rolled gently through them.

Big Jack would have had that in row Z before it got anywhere near the penalty area
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

jack_gc wrote:
Could Poleon be the man to really make a break through this season and net 15-20 goals in the league? I will admit that I havent had the chance to watch any of our preseason games or the brighton game (one of downsides of living down under!) but all commentary and analysis seems to suggest that he has been a key player and developed a lot compared to last season.
The only likely choice Jack
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Leeds v Chesterfield....Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Gandalf »

Donny away in Round 2.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Gandalf wrote:Donny away in Round 2.
Another good night out in Donny :-D
jack_gc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by jack_gc »

1964white wrote:
The only likely choice Jack
He is the likely choice of the youngsters to step up, but does he have the capacity to step up and be a real first team striker that will lead our scoring?
lincoln white
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by lincoln white »

not bad draw tbh,
should be decent crowd and few leeds,
with being just down the road,
or just up the road for me
on the leeds side streets that you slip down..........
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

My son is not happy :P :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Wonder what the donny fans allocation will be? :twisted:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator