Derby v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Re: Derby v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by becchio bear »

Gino 1959 wrote:
"Young blonde"

"Love passes"

"Can dribble too"

Sexiest-post-of-the-week winner right here, folks!
:roflmao: Well never expected that from our resident little old man :lol: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Can someone sum up what happened in a decent sized sentence? :duno:
I missed the game as I walked all way from morely to miggy to pick my little lad up and the bitch wouldnt let me see him, so i spent most of the afternoon going insane.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Emsley wrote:Can someone sum up what happened in a decent sized sentence? :duno:
I missed the game as I walked all way from morely to miggy to pick my little lad up and the bitch wouldnt let me see him, so i spent most of the afternoon going insane.
Oh no ems :(

We played crap and consequently lost.

:bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

becchio bear wrote:
Oh no ems :(

We played crap and consequently lost.

:bear:
Im not doing to well BB with it like - just when i thought my situation couldn't get any worse i get a vicious mental blow to the head. Im ok then all of a sudden i start thinking about him and i just get all chewed up.
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm not going to comment, due to family concerns I missed my 4th straight Leeds game only getting the result at 5 last night.

to be honest though I'm finding it hard to identify with this current Leeds team packed as it is with players I don't like,
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

faaip wrote:I'm not going to comment, due to family concerns I missed my 4th straight Leeds game only getting the result at 5 last night.

to be honest though I'm finding it hard to identify with this current Leeds team packed as it is with players I don't like,

Has been packed with players i dont like for years. Slow, shite, not hard working, overpaid bunch of twats. Now tho im seeing progress
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

The side seemed to have an off day. The midfield were not existent and the defence were suffering because of it.

The first goal highlighted our flaws yesterday. No midfield on the ball, quick ball through the centre and Tate positioned himself incorrectly, then Peltier decided he wanted to waltz with Sammon, instead of tackle him. You could see it all unfold before it happened.

We are quick to praise on the wins and quick to condemn on the losses. Considering we were playing terribly yesterday, I can take the solace of knowing that we still created multiple opportunities. I am under the impression it was an off day and I do hope I am right.
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

MeeTa wrote:
Has been packed with players i dont like for years. Slow, shite, not hard working, overpaid bunch of twats. Now tho im seeing progress
After seeing the game on stream , am struggling to understand how we won 3 in a row against top notch oponents.
Dreadful vs Derby :x
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

MeeTa wrote:

No I liked the Delphs, Beckfords, Howsons, BJ's, Snodgrass, Gradels, Becchios and others from recent years ...I even liked Kasper and Lonners here. I'm not a fan of Norris, Varney, Tonge, Diouff, I think McCormack is a good player at the wrong club and I haven't formed an opinion of Tate yet, but I'd stick with Pearce/Lees as our centre back parnership. I like what little I've seen of Hall.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Normal service resummed.Have never seen a game where the opposition could drive through our defence with such ease.Where Warnock gets his comments from is beyond me.Any way ratings as i saw it
Kenny 7 No chance with any of the goals
Byram 8 For your own saake Sam move in jan if you have chance
Lees 5 Poor
Tate 5 His worst game so far
Peltier 1 that was for turning up two goals his fault
Green 8 Covered every inch of ground
Norris 6 made no impact
Tonge 5 Over-powered
Hall 5 looked out of depth
McCormack 6 Tried but out of luck
Bechhio 6 A good header for Greens goal

Subs
Diouf 4 Made little impact
Varney 4 Must be Warnocks buddy
White Not on long enough
mchldavies7
First Team
First Team

Post by mchldavies7 »

Watched the stream...seems to me nearly every team we play regardless of where they are in the table seem to be able to play better football than us...as was the case with Derby, first to nearly every loose ball, made use of it in tight situations unlike ourselves fiddling about til we are surrounded and concede possession..also unlike Derby we dont often enough play a 'round the corner pass' to release a breaking winger who is seemingly running into 1/2 an acre of space...I do worry a bit that this culture may not be broken even if we land a couple of players of true vision, as it will only give us a fresh cutting edge if others are capable of reading the same script...Aghhh im sick of moaning about this again! WHY CANT WE JUST F@CKING PLAY FOOTBALL???!!!!!!!!!!! CHRIST!!!!!
"God will forgive them...he'll forgive them and allow them into heaven...i cant live with that"
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

mchldavies7 wrote:Watched the stream...seems to me nearly every team we play regardless of where they are in the table seem to be able to play better football than us...as was the case with Derby, first to nearly every loose ball, made use of it in tight situations unlike ourselves fiddling about til we are surrounded and concede possession..also unlike Derby we dont often enough play a 'round the corner pass' to release a breaking winger who is seemingly running into 1/2 an acre of space...I do worry a bit that this culture may not be broken even if we land a couple of players of true vision, as it will only give us a fresh cutting edge if others are capable of reading the same script...Aghhh im sick of moaning about this again! WHY CANT WE JUST F@CKING PLAY FOOTBALL???!!!!!!!!!!! CHRIST!!!!!
Don't be daft mick must people on here see positives cause we won three on a trott!! Effing joke!
And the people that have there eyes open and see that we are a bag of shite are being to "negative"!
Well see what they all say when we don't get promoted mid table team playing rubbish football 90% of the time...
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

Sofa Head wrote:
I've always thought McCormack to be talented but inconsistent. I hear a lot of fans talking about him like he's the messiah, but if he's to be the fulcrum of the team we will always blow hot and cold.

I'm just hearing Warnock say that we "dominated proceedings" in the second half and I feel like weeping with frustration. We had a couple of better spells than we'd had in an awful first half, but all we really seemed to have to offer was long balls up to Becchio. The closing stages were embarrassing. Hoof, hoof, hoof.
Resort to hoofing was the fall-back plan in the second half. Even a monkey could see that the obvious plan B would be to bring Tonge off, who had a shocker, and stick Brown on, who despite what anybody says about him, would have stopped that little blonde s*** from seeing so much of the ball and would have stood up to that fishy Sammon, and stick Diouf on for McCormack. Both these changes should have been made on 60 minutes when we lost control of the game again. We came out of the traps for 10 minutes in the second half and looked like we were going to make a day of it and come away with the win, but then normal service resumed when Derby were once again allowed to charge down the centre of the park. Perfect situation for Brown, but we don't see him brought on. I don't know what Warnock is thinking, bringing Brown on for literally anyone seems to be his favourite back up plan, and would have been in any other game.
Kyle_5351
First Team
First Team

Post by Kyle_5351 »

markolufc wrote:
Resort to hoofing was the fall-back plan in the second half. Even a monkey could see that the obvious plan B would be to bring Tonge off, who had a shocker, and stick Brown on, who despite what anybody says about him, would have stopped that little blonde s*** from seeing so much of the ball and would have stood up to that fishy Sammon, and stick Diouf on for McCormack. Both these changes should have been made on 60 minutes when we lost control of the game again. We came out of the traps for 10 minutes in the second half and looked like we were going to make a day of it and come away with the win, but then normal service resumed when Derby were once again allowed to charge down the centre of the park. Perfect situation for Brown, but we don't see him brought on. I don't know what Warnock is thinking, bringing Brown on for literally anyone seems to be his favourite back up plan, and would have been in any other game.
Brown should have been brought on much earlier. As you eluded to, Marko, Brown needed to come on to boss the midfield. It was quite evident we were getting destroyed. He isn't the first choice CM, but he does do a job well and that job is to rattle the opposition CM's.

Only a couple of periods did we actually keep possession and pass the ball. From where I was watching, the whole game on our behalf was hoof ball, but then again if the ball even comes off the ground, I consider it hoof ball :lol:
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Kyle_5351 wrote:
Brown should have been brought on much earlier. As you eluded to, Marko, Brown needed to come on to boss the midfield. It was quite evident we were getting destroyed. He isn't the first choice CM, but he does do a job well and that job is to rattle the opposition CM's.

Only a couple of periods did we actually keep possession and pass the ball. From where I was watching, the whole game on our behalf was hoof ball, but then again if the ball even comes off the ground, I consider it hoof ball :lol:
That's all it was!!
It was back to our defence then back to kenny then what do you know.... Hoofed straight up lost in the air and derby coming straight back at us!!!
Is a absolute joke!
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

As I was walking back thru derby I seem our team coach stoped at the side of the road.. If I knew they'd of let me on the bus I'd of got on and made the biggest inspiring team talk known to man!!!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

eastyorkshirewhite wrote:Normal service resummed.Have never seen a game where the opposition could drive through our defence with such ease.Where Warnock gets his comments from is beyond me.Any way ratings as i saw it
Kenny 7 No chance with any of the goals
Byram 8 For your own saake Sam move in jan if you have chance
Lees 5 Poor
Tate 5 His worst game so far
Peltier 1 that was for turning up two goals his fault
Green 8 Covered every inch of ground
Norris 6 made no impact
Tonge 5 Over-powered
Hall 5 looked out of depth
McCormack 6 Tried but out of luck
Bechhio 6 A good header for Greens goal

Subs
Diouf 4 Made little impact
Varney 4 Must be Warnocks buddy
White Not on long enough
You were there....fortunately i couldn't make it :-D....but everybody i know said McCormack had a stinker, even the sit on the fence types Gray & Kirwin hinted Ross was very poor....Ross must be a real favourite of yours to achieve a 6
Sofa Head
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Sofa Head »

1964white wrote:
You were there....fortunately i couldn't make it :-D....but everybody i know said McCormack had a stinker, even the sit on the fence types Gray & Kirwin hinted Ross was very poor....Ross must be a real favourite of yours to achieve a 6
Even McCormack himself has confirmed what we could all plainly see: he was s**t.

:-D
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

I still stand by my opinion that our players did everything asked of them today, it was simply the wrong tactics that cost us. Diouf made an impact when he came on, so much so that Derby's strategy in the last 10 minutes of a game they were bossing previously was to take the ball into the corner and guard it for dear life.

Why Brown wasn't brought on for Tonge to allow us to control the centre of the park more is beyond me. Warnock failed to bring on his favourite player in the perfect circumstances. Doubt he'll recognise he f***ed up good and proper though. Why would he? He's been doing this for years and I'm just another critic.
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

Emsley wrote:Can someone sum up what happened in a decent sized sentence? :duno:
We looked decent going forward when given the opportunity, but the game was won and lost in the centre of midfield. They played down the centre of the park and snubbed out our wide play with a narrow pitch and a team set up to match. Warnock failed to bring on our only player currently fit who would have rattled their central players and changed our system in the correct way - Michael Brown, instead opting to change our attacking options who were never going to deliver more than dribs and drabs without service from a controlled midfield.