Derby v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

Must admit - winning three games on the bounce is amazing - especially for us - not like many teams achieve that
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Re: Derby v Leeds - Team/News/Reports/Ratings....

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Some people on here astound me, wax lyrical about the team and Warnock when we win 3 on the spin, then back on their backs if they lose to a team who we never have much success against st a ground we havent won at for 9 years. Yes we were disappointing yes we lost... Whatever though.... Pretty sure picking up 9 points from 12 is promotion form guys get a grip.....!!!! Please? Keep grounded when we win but similarly dont go all depressive when. We lose one game, it's football it happens!!!!!
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

joluafc4eva wrote:Must admit - winning three games on the bounce is amazing - especially for us - not like many teams achieve that
Who are you? WHAT have you done with Jo??? :shock:
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote:Some people on here astound me, wax lyrical about the team and Warnock when we win 3 on the spin, then back on their backs if they lose to a team who we never have much success against st a ground we havent won at for 9 years. Yes we were disappointing yes we lost... Whatever though.... Pretty sure picking up 9 points from 12 is promotion form guys get a grip.....!!!! Please? Keep grounded when we win but similarly dont go all depressive when. We lose one game, it's football it happens!!!!!
Haha 9 points from 12... What about before that though!!
What do you expect Iust be the only one :duno:
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

Twiggster wrote:
Who are you? WHAT have you done with Jo??? :shock:
It was said with tongue in cheek
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

joluafc4eva wrote: It was said with tongue in cheek
I will let Gino reply to that! :lol:
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

HarryofOz wrote:
Are you saying there was something fishy about those wins? :wink: :twisted:
Ermmm maybe ;)
Honestly though the boast or whatever with this takeover going thru maybe that...
But things arnt right here I don't mind as much if we lose while we are really giving it ago and the players are given 110% but it's the same old story...
They just look like they can't be bothered...
And don't give a toss
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

Oh ffs does every comment always have to turn into summat rude on this forum? You know,exactly what I meant Twiggs
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote: Ermmm maybe ;)
Honestly though the boast or whatever with this takeover going thru maybe that...
But things arnt right here I don't mind as much if we lose while we are really giving it ago and the players are given 110% but it's the same old story...
And don't give a toss
Thing is tho Wolfie - they DID give a toss in the past 3 games. I'm sure they will do that again and also screw up a few games again in the rest of this season. They are average players in an average league.
Ups and downs, eh? :duno: :roll:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

joluafc4eva wrote:Oh ffs does every comment always have to turn into summat rude on this forum? You know,exactly what I meant Twiggs
???? Are you insinuating that Gino is rude??? :roflmao:
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote: Ermmm maybe ;)
And don't give a toss
My opinion is that we will finish mid-table and that those three wins were not an indication of anything special. We won't be relegated and we won't be promoted because there are enough teams that are better than us, enough teams that are worse than us and enough teams who are at about the same level as us.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

Ups and downs but going nowhere
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

Twiggster wrote:
???? Are you insinuating that Gino is rude??? :roflmao:
If not, then why did you say you will let Gino answer my comment?
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

Twiggster wrote:
Thing is tho Wolfie - they DID give a toss in the past 3 games. I'm sure they will do that again and also screw up a few games again in the rest of this season. They are average players in an average league.
Ups and downs, eh? :duno: :roll:
Very true matey just on a downer and drink ;)
As you say
ON ON ON
We r LEEDS
Sofa Head
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Sofa Head »

1964white wrote: Promotion to the prem is not imperative for me.....i just want to see us play attractive winning football on a consistent basis
I agree with you about the Premiership not being the be-all and end-all for enjoying football. I confess that I was dead jealous of Derby's side, packed as it was with young lads who just wanted to give it a go. They played thrillingly at times. OK, so the ref. was a bit lenient with some of the over-enthusiastic challenges, but he's that sort of ref. and they took advantage of it - we didn't. Watching them run again and again past the one-paced bunch of superannuated midfielders Warnock has assembled was embarrassing and made me long for the day when we have a team to get excited about because of its attitude and style (whichever division we're in). When the manager comes on the radio afterwards and tells me that a team I've just seen fail utterly to cope with the energy, spirit and skill of the opposition has "dominated" the second half I despair at what sort of football he thinks is acceptable, and at what sort of rubbish journeymen he probably has in his sights for January.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Wolfetoneleeds wrote: Haha 9 points from 12... What about before that though!!
What do you expect Iust be the only one :duno:
Yeah fair enough before that we were awful, byt things picked up everyone was optimistic... 1 loss tp a side we never play well against especially away and bam it's all doom and gloom, just think people need a reality check abd need to know we arent gonna win every game
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote: Yeah fair enough before that we were awful, byt things picked up everyone was optimistic... 1 loss tp a side we never play well against especially away and bam it's all doom and gloom, just think people need a reality check abd need to know we arent gonna win every game
Yep I know where you ate coming from... Ahh Frigg it!!
Well will see in the near future anyway fella!!
Here's to a good season ;)
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

1964white wrote:

Promotion to the prem is not imperative for me.....i just want to see us play attractive winning football on a consistent basis

To some degree maybe, but id rather see results and promotion and then start putting together a team to play the footy we want. And To play attractive football and get good results, you need very specific types of players. And considering those type of players, who's got the pace, the skill, the x-factor(in lack of a better word) will be very difficult to get these days, as most clubs aspire to play the attractive and entertaining footy. A few clubs have managed it, like Swansea but not many clubs succeed.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

First time i've seen Will Hughes....going by the hightlights what a prospect the young blonde 17yo looks...great balance, pace & lays off his love passes at the right time, can dribble too, Can't see Derby holding onto this kid for long

Clough's after match interview was far more honest....interesting to hear Derby only had 19 players to call on with an average age of 22yo....battered by the kids who play football the correct way !
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

1964white wrote:First time i've seen Will Hughes....going by the hightlights what a prospect the young blonde 17yo looks...great balance, pace & lays off his love passes at the right time, can dribble too, Can't see Derby holding onto this kid for long

Clough's after match interview was far more honest....interesting to hear Derby only had 19 players to call on with an average age of 22yo....battered by the kids who play football the correct way !
"Young blonde"

"Love passes"

"Can dribble too"

Sexiest-post-of-the-week winner right here, folks!
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.