Brighton v Leeds - News/Team/Reports/Ratings

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
white.riot

Re: Brighton v Leeds - News/Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by white.riot »

revie-era wrote:
You come home early mate,
or going out late
Timothy Taylors Golden Best by any chance?
Badged up as Red Lion at the Red Lion in Skipton. Very nice :tup: just dealt with a arge Haddock in Bizzie Lizzies. Say what you like about the stuff Colin serves up but no one in the galaxy does fish and chips like Yorkies. No true Yorkie would ever stray far from a Yorkie chippy IMO.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Awful performance utter garbage very lucky to get a point only 2 periods in the game did we make 3/4 consecutive passes. Warnock ain't for me I can't watch that crap for the rest of the season.

Kenny 9
Byram 4 caught out of position all of the time see him as a right midfielder
Lees 5
Pearce 6
Pelt ire 3 the epitome of crap worst defender I've seen at Leeds since Neil Collins
White 6 good runs no end product
Austin 3 not involved crap
Brown 8 lucky to be on the pitch but knows how to battle on
Tonge 5 out of position
Diouf 7 only creative outlet
Varney 3 isolated

Pugh crap
Becchio 6
Norris 1 didn't even touch the ball
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

Awful performance utter garbage very lucky to get a point only 2 periods in the game did we make 3/4 consecutive passes. Warnock ain't for me I can't watch that crap for the rest of the season.

Kenny 9
Lees 5
Pearce 6
Pelt ire 3 the epitome of crap worst defender I've seen at Leeds since Neil Collins
Tonge 5 out of position
Varney 3 isolated

Pugh crap
Becchio 6
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
revie-era
First Team
First Team

Post by revie-era »

IMHO
Byram was our best player
Paddy White
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Paddy White »

Just back from the pub watching the match. Think we got out of jail tonight, much as I would like to see us picking up three points don't think we deserved anything more from this game and only for Paddy things would have been a lot worse.
Our midfield has gone off the boil a bit, Rudi looked slow and a lot of hoof ball going on. First half our defence was all over the place but tightened up a bit second half. EHD had a good game but I think teams are learning to wind him up a bit and looked like Warnock had to take him off before he hit someone.
We really do need some pace up front and we need to hold the ball better, it looks like seat of your pants football somehow managing to scrape a point or two and we'll be lucky to make the playoffs if we keep this up.We definitely need a few more players with pace and more ball on the ground football. I'm no expert but we just don't seem to look in control of games or confident on the ball. Don't know why we can't seem to bring our cup performances into the league.
FOREVER LEEDS. MOT
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

joelufc20 wrote:Awful performance utter garbage very lucky to get a point only 2 periods in the game did we make 3/4 consecutive passes. Warnock ain't for me I can't watch that crap for the rest of the season.

Kenny 9
Lees 5
Pearce 6
Tonge 5 out of position
Varney 3 isolated

Pugh crap
Becchio 6
Byram 4! Really? Thought he was one of our better players.

And Tonge more than Austin? I saw Austin, not sure I saw Tonge all game.
Wolfetoneleeds
Manager
Manager

Brighton v Leeds - News/Team/Reports/Ratings

Post by Wolfetoneleeds »

I don't think we was that bad!!!! We have played a lot worse and we no that!!!!
Wanted the 3 points but will take 1!!
Don't be to negative on this proformance!!! Charlton, Birmingham, the list goes on!! We was worse at them games than this
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Poor display overall in which we were lucky to get a point, though at the end of the day you make your own luck.

The good thing is that we have the likes of Becchio who scores goals and the likes of Austin, Tonge, Brown, Byram, Diouf all of whom can strike the ball well and not forgetting McCormack. So we are always likely to score goals.

On the other hand our defending is a bad as ever, our marking poor and our midfield - despite having the supposed tough tackling hard men in Brown and Austin - is too easily and too often overrun by the opposition midfield.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Shields53 wrote:
Byram 4! Really? Thought he was one of our better players.

And Tonge more than Austin? I saw Austin, not sure I saw Tonge all game.

Ofc you saw Austin, the one time he got to take a free-kick and the ball landed in southern France
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

Players tired and out of position a lot, Sam byram is quality if it wasn't for him they would of had a lot more chances the penalty he gave away was a total accident, I think we are thin on the ground with players as we all know because some of tonights team looked shattered after 25 mins and wouldn't of been on at the start if we had more choice and It's fact that under Larry we would of crumbled and lost by 2 or 3 clear goals so that's a positive under warnock we just need this bloody take over to happen if it ever is going to and get a few players in. And what is it with poyet don't his new WHITE teeth fit cos I couldn't hardly understand what he was saying.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Just saw the incident again where one brighton player chips the ball over Peltier and then runs past him even tho he started hes run in middle Asia and he still managed to pass him with ease. Its funny and sad to look at it, but my god do i wish we could have some players who could run like that. And does Pelty have superglue under hes shoes
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

My good friend from Sussex was at the game last night enthusing on the phone half an hour go about the facilities at their new stadium. Padded seats with plenty of leg-room, carpeted bars with a good service, no long queues in cramped areas at half-time as you look to purchase refreshments. He was with a Scum season-ticket holder who is on his way upto Manchester as i post, his scum-friend said the facilities at Brighton are better than Old Trafford & are on a par with the Emirates
The playing pitch itself is vast compared to other grounds....Brighton played around our midfield with ten yard passes/one two's....Austin & Brown were given the runaround on such a big surface....the Seagulls play football with pace an element of our game sadly lacking & it showed again last night as our players lumbered & looked laboured around the pitch.
Pugh & Peltier were woeful, two players we've spent good money on....we were very fortunate to draw the game was his verdict....Kenny & Byram our best players...Diouf good in the first half
26,000+ turned up for the televised game on a Friday night....we'd have been lucky to have 17,000 at ER
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

1964white wrote:My good friend from Sussex was at the game last night enthusing on the phone half an hour go about the facilities at their new stadium. Padded seats with plenty of leg-room, carpeted bars with a good service, no long queues in cramped areas at half-time as you look to purchase refreshments. He was with a Scum season-ticket holder who is on his way upto Manchester as i post, his scum-friend said the facilities at Brighton are better than Old Trafford & are on a par with the Emirates
The playing pitch itself is vast compared to other grounds....Brighton played around our midfield with ten yard passes/one two's....Austin & Brown were given the runaround on such a big surface....the Seagulls play football with pace an element of our game sadly lacking & it showed again last night as our players lumbered & looked laboured around the pitch.
Pugh & Peltier were woeful, two players we've spent good money on....we were very fortunate to draw the game was his verdict....Kenny & Byram our best players...Diouf good in the first half
26,000+ turned up for the televised game on a Friday night....we'd have been lucky to have 17,000 at ER
So, at last, you are agreeing with me that Bates is right to improve ER, that Sam and Paddy are the only shining lights at the club, that Rudy is poor against pace and that Colin plays football which drives fans away. You just needed someone who attends the odd game to confirm it. Spitter was on the edge of melt down last night. Colin had to save him from himself. The Mrs says spitter gives her the creeps, just looking him. Have to agree. Anyway, we are at long last agreed, I believe, our manager is wrong for lufc. Le's hope he doesn't do too much damage. Shame he's sold Clayton and replaced him with worse. What a legacy Colin will eventually leave behind. Slow team. Poor scouting. Bored fans.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

white.riot wrote:
So, at last, you are agreeing with me that Bates is right to improve ER, that Sam and Paddy are the only shining lights at the club, that Rudy is poor against pace and that Colin plays football which drives fans away. You just needed someone who attends the odd game to confirm it. Spitter was on the edge of melt down last night. Colin had to save him from himself. The Mrs says spitter gives her the creeps, just looking him. Have to agree. Anyway, we are at long last agreed, I believe, our manager is wrong for lufc. Le's hope he doesn't do too much damage. Shame he's sold Clayton and replaced him with worse. What a legacy Colin will eventually leave behind. Slow team. Poor scouting. Bored fans.
Brighton have a owner who has built a brand new stadiium without decimating the team for the sake of the improvements ...they romped League 1 after years in the doldrums playing at the Withdean Athletics Stadium in front of 6000 fans. They employed a footballing manager & as a consequence fill the ground whether the game is on telly or not.
I believe they have nearly 20,000 season-ticket holders....proof that their man at the top runs Brighton in the correct way as oppose to our saviour who has introduced a few boxes which went well over the budget so he, his wife & select number of friends can watch their football in style....as for the rest of us supporters what extra's have we received for our hard earned cash imputed into the club over the years....hot water in the loos is the only thing that comes to mind as a kop season-ticket holder...we've had a raw deal compared to many other football fans !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Oh one other point...why is it we have never replaced Lennon Richardson, Delph, Howson, Johnson, Beckford, Gradel or even your man Snodgrass....not easy when our club is run poorly from top to bottom :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/608015943?-11130

Riot will revel with Poyet's comments
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

white.riot wrote:
Spot on Riot :tup: :tup:
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by patlufc »

1964white wrote:
Brighton have a owner who has built a brand new stadiium without decimating the team for the sake of the improvements ...they romped League 1 after years in the doldrums playing at the Withdean Athletics Stadium in front of 6000 fans. They employed a footballing manager & as a consequence fill the ground whether the game is on telly or not.
I believe they have nearly 20,000 season-ticket holders....proof that their man at the top runs Brighton in the correct way as oppose to our saviour who has introduced a few boxes which went well over the budget so he, his wife & select number of friends can watch their football in style....as for the rest of us supporters what extra's have we received for our hard earned
cash imputed into the club over the years....hot water in the loos is the only thing that comes to mind as a kop season-ticket holder...we've had a raw deal compared to many other football fans !
There is now a mirror in the ladies toilet!! :lol: 8-) :wink:
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
1964white

Post by 1964white »

patlufc wrote:
There is now a mirror in the ladies toilet!! :lol: 8-) :wink:
So for £560 plus all the cup games a season on top, the 8000 season-ticket holders are previlaged to have hot water & the ladies have a mirror as an incentive to watch a very drab Leeds team....Thank you Ken !

Where's this David Haigh fella when we need him :spider:
revie-era
First Team
First Team

Post by revie-era »

1964white wrote:http://www.newsnow.co.uk/A/608015943?-11130

Riot will revel with Poyet's comments
I see Poyet has left the Premiership School of Management with honours as he deflects his own teams's shortcomings onto an easy target, - in this case the ref (predictable) and Leeds/Browns reputations(also boringly predictable).
If I were Gus I'd be off first thing Monday morning to the Elecutionist for a few lessons before heading off to the dentist to sort his size 36 teeth which are clearly giving him problems in his size 24 mouth.
Then by the next time Brighton find themselves on TV, we may have half a chance of picking up the latest pile of bollox he's spouting about.
Get over it bitter man