Leeds v Birmingham - Team/News/Reports/Ratings...

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

Bakerjamessteven wrote:Did we lose??

Who cares if we lost, I had a wonderful day.
I went to see my beloved LUFC, along with my son, I then met somebody I had not seen in ten years, then i met friends from work, then i met Drs dad, mum and other son, then i met cop cat Image then i met up with some of the Kent Whitestone the pavilion Image, then the icing on the cake.............?
I had a meet up with gessa, 64 , his mate and the very lovely patlufc and the very lovely Becchio Bear.
Oops I almost forgot we finished our day with the man him selfImage

WHAT A DAY, BEST GAME I'VE BEEN IN YEARS..... COME ON SUPER LEEDS.... MOT FOLKS;-)
Redone folks ;-)
white.riot

Re: Leeds v Birmingham - Team/News/Reports/Ratings...

Post by white.riot »

revie-era wrote:Was there today with raging cold and unrelenting earache.
Uncomparable to what I witnessed on the pitch
Our Club/team under Colin is in free fall.
We are playing shocking football, get rid
Now
This is why one or two of us didn't want Warnock. He's out of his depth, a small club manager at a huge club. He came to use us. He has no understanding of LUFC and no great understanding of the modern game. His teams play anti football and he is killing LUFC from the inside having hoped it would happen from the outside. He has lumbered us with the slowest team in the
UK, a spitter who kills any pace we have going this way and that before wasting his crosses or chucking his self to the floor. What is on offer is truly horrendous. I have £80 worth of tickets for Tuesday night - why? Warnock does not deserve the support of me let alone my whole family.
Last edited by white.riot on Sat Oct 27, 2012 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jason123
First Team
First Team

Post by Jason123 »

Anyone reckon much of Hall, god knows why he has natural pace why persist in this NW bit lost
patlufc
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by patlufc »

Jason123 wrote:Anyone reckon much of Hall, god knows why he has natural pace why persist in this NW bit lost
Unfortunatly, Hall didn't have long enough to make an impression. Colin said he isn't fit enough to play for more than 10 mins. Why have him on the bench then :duno:
EVERYTHINGLEEDS
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Jason123 wrote:Anyone reckon much of Hall, god knows why he has natural pace why persist in this NW bit lost
Anyone can judge Hall in the 8 minutes he was on the pitch ?

Why send out Poleon who looked as fit as a butchers dog & replace him with a winger who has had no pre-season & is nowhere ready for the bench let alone a starting place ??
Jason123
First Team
First Team

Post by Jason123 »

Wrong word then judge, however may have being a spark or a run something to give us hope?
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

1964white wrote:
Anyone can judge Hall in the 8 minutes he was on the pitch ?

Why send out Poleon who looked as fit as a butchers dog & replace him with a winger who has had no pre-season & is nowhere ready for the bench let alone a starting place ??
Been discussing Poleon this evening, am I right in thinking Poleon was sent out on loan cos of his attitude? maybe not seeing eye to eye with Warnock? It's either right or it's summat I've dreamt up :duno: :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

becchio bear wrote:
Been discussing Poleon this evening, am I right in thinking Poleon was sent out on loan cos of his attitude? maybe not seeing eye to eye with Warnock? It's either right or it's summat I've dreamt up :duno: :bear:
Correct (or correct as rumour has it).
revie-era
First Team
First Team

Post by revie-era »

white.riot wrote:
This is why one or two of us didn't want Warnock. He's out of his depth, a small club manager at a huge club. He came to use us. He has no understanding of LUFC and no great understanding of the modern game. His teams play anti football and he is killing LUFC from the inside having hoped it would happen from the outside. He has lumbered us with the slowest team in the
UK, a spitter who kills any pace we have going this way and that before wasting his crosses or chucking his self to the floor. What is on offer is truly horrendous. I have £80 worth of tickets for Tuesday night - why? Warnock does not deserve the support of me let alone my whole family.
I had a ticket for Tuesday night too mate
Its now in a thousand pieces in my shredder
I'll cut my losses and bide my time.....
Its just too horrible to think Ill witness any more of this fare anytime soon
Jason123
First Team
First Team

Post by Jason123 »

white.riot wrote:

yes your right with the attitude kept him out of earlier games however strange for him and Zac to go at the same time does not look loyal to Lufc does Dom
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

becchio bear wrote:Been discussing Poleon this evening, am I right in thinking Poleon was sent out on loan cos of his attitude? maybe not seeing eye to eye with Warnock? It's either right or it's summat I've dreamt up :duno: :bear:
Aye, apparently it might buck his ideas up... Got man of the match in the Bury game today after scoring their equaliser. Think he's got 2 in 4 now plus an assist!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

revie-era wrote:
I had a ticket for Tuesday night too mate
Its now in a thousand pieces in my shredder
I'll cut my losses and bide my time.....
Its just too horrible to think Ill witness any more of this fare anytime soon
I can understand how you feel mate....hope Warnock reads MOT :roll:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

white.riot wrote:

well if that's true....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

..........something about noses and faces...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

faaip wrote:..........something about noses and faces...
Unlike Warnock to be petty :roflmao:

Anyone remember the battle Bramhall Lane (blunts v baggies) - that's our manager.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

As Eddie Gray has put it of late, if you keep playing poorly it is going to catch up on you.

Our saving grace so far is that apart from Cardiff and Leicester no-one has gone on a really good winning run in the last month or so which has kept us (and half the league) within touching distance of the top six. Even 17th placed Brum are only two wins out of the six - and of course you wouldn't expect anything else this early in the season.

Masking poor performances with 'how close we are to the top six' is just papering over the cracks. As the same point will apply to nearly every team in the league.

The good thing is, in terms of achieving some success, is that it doesn't really matter how good or bad you are objectively but how good or bad you are relative to your competition. So far the competition has been nothing to write home about. The standard overall has been poor. Just look at Blackpool - the team everyone was raving about after the first couple of games and going on about how our close 2-1 loss was in fact a good result.

However, we will have to improve or the gap to the top six will start to widen.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Bakerjamessteven
First Team
First Team

Post by Bakerjamessteven »

white.riot wrote:
Why do you have £80 worth of tickets???
Because you are a true Leeds fan and fare play to you ;-)
Hate to say it riot, but I actual am starting to agree with most things you post about NW and is team. I'm still 50/50 on NW and is team and hope Nw and the lads will pull it around, but doubt his really crossing my mind as each game passes.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Kenny - 6
Lees - 3
Pearce - 6
Peltier - 5
Pugh - 5
Byram - 6
Norris - 5
Austin - 3
Tonge - 3
Becchio - 3
Diouf - 5

No need to add anymore...enough said !
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

HarryofOz wrote:As Eddie Gray has put it of late, if you keep playing poorly it is going to catch up on you.

Our saving grace so far is that apart from Cardiff and Leicester no-one has gone on a really good winning run in the last month or so which has kept us (and half the league) within touching distance of the top six. Even 17th placed Brum are only two wins out of the six - and of course you wouldn't expect anything else this early in the season.

Masking poor performances with 'how close we are to the top six' is just papering over the cracks. As the same point will apply to nearly every team in the league.

The good thing is, in terms of achieving some success, is that it doesn't really matter how good or bad you are objectively but how good or bad you are relative to your competition. So far the competition has been nothing to write home about. The standard overall has been poor. Just look at Blackpool - the team everyone was raving about after the first couple of games and going on about how our close 2-1 loss was in fact a good result.

However, we will have to improve or the gap to the top six will start to widen.
This :tup:

Well said Harry, these are my thoughts exactly. All this "its a sign of a good team, when we can play badly as still get points" is stupid. Its a sign of bloody good luck and we have been so lucky of late. Sign of a bad team, when you play crap and still lose deservedly to a team even worse. Even the Brum fans had to admit yesterday, Leeds must be crap if they are losing at home to Brum - "You must be crap, if we're winning away"
Gino 1959
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gino 1959 »

It was galling to watch highlights of the Hull game on FLS and see the pace in attack - the speed of Simpson and Aluko was frightening at times - plus they had Koren creatively pulling the strings in MF.

We sounded laboured yesterday all over the pitch and one of our biggest weapons is gone - no team fears coming to ER nowadays.

And - like his predecessor - Colin seems to have no understanding of substitutions.
Beware the fury of a patient man - John Dryden.