Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

Been supporting Leeds for ever then fell out with them a bit through frustration and disappointment (it’s like a love affair isn’t it) until overhearing someone talking about the crazy Argentinian who was about to manage us whilst queuing for the Costa Rica game… hello? Don’t go to matches (disagree with the cashless policy but also can’t get a ticket like anyone else) but watch all U21s games on LUTV and at Thorp Arch. Live in Wetherby so have plenty of very mundane tales about the daily lives of our heroes such as where Forshaw walks his dog and Willy wondering if he can park his Beamer outside BAE coffee (that was yesterday morning). I have several involving Bert but will keep Kenny on tenterhooks for now…
PS I am female, if that means anything any more :)
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

BlancdeBlanc wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:36 am Been supporting Leeds for ever then fell out with them a bit through frustration and disappointment (it’s like a love affair isn’t it) until overhearing someone talking about the crazy Argentinian who was about to manage us whilst queuing for the Costa Rica game… hello? Don’t go to matches (disagree with the cashless policy but also can’t get a ticket like anyone else) but watch all U21s games on LUTV and at Thorp Arch. Live in Wetherby so have plenty of very mundane tales about the daily lives of our heroes such as where Forshaw walks his dog and Willy wondering if he can park his Beamer outside BAE coffee (that was yesterday morning). I have several involving Bert but will keep Kenny on tenterhooks for now…
Welcome to the forum.

A pal of mine has a business at Thorp Arch, and often sees the players. He tells me a tale or two, hoping to hear yours :)
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlancdeBlanc wrote: Fri Jul 28, 2023 6:36 am Been supporting Leeds for ever then fell out with them a bit through frustration and disappointment (it’s like a love affair isn’t it) until overhearing someone talking about the crazy Argentinian who was about to manage us whilst queuing for the Costa Rica game… hello? Don’t go to matches (disagree with the cashless policy but also can’t get a ticket like anyone else) but watch all U21s games on LUTV and at Thorp Arch. Live in Wetherby so have plenty of very mundane tales about the daily lives of our heroes such as where Forshaw walks his dog and Willy wondering if he can park his Beamer outside BAE coffee (that was yesterday morning). I have several involving Bert but will keep Kenny on tenterhooks for now…
Welcome to the MOT forum, Blanc.

We'd love to hear about some local tales concerning Leeds United.

Btw, we have a few females on board. Becchio Bear, Marie, Sara & Whiteswan, are the ones we know about of course!
Leighton
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Leighton »

Hello all

I was born and raised in the Leeds area before living the last 25 of my working life down south

I've always been a massive Rhinos fan who kept in touch with United loosely.

However having two kids who now play and love football I needed to avoid them supporting Chelsea/ Arsenal etc. So the last two years they have been brainwashed with LUFC shirts/school bags ,games on TV and a visit to the Elland Road shop

I therefore have a renewed interest in Leeds and football in general.....taking the kids to the Shrewsbury game. This will be thier first game and my first Elland Road game in 25 years!

Sat in the family stand....hoping for at least a bit of an atmosphere even though it's not a championship game. How many are likely to be there?

Got some of the away fixtures near us penned in but not sure how likely we are to get tickets ( e g Watford game)....anyone know if they will be impossible to get (3 tickets)...have purchased a single Leeds membership but think I can only buy one ticket right?

I enjoy RL forums so this is my first exploration of a football one!
Brummitt57
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Brummitt57 »

FA cup final 1965.
8 years old, is my first memory. Supported ever since.
I do have Doncaster Rovers as a secondary team as i lived in the area at the time.
Seen a lot of ups and downs over that time!
Looking forward to the next chapter with the new owners and Daniel Farke 👍 MOT
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

It won’t be long before you get your vetting question from Kenny.

Just say NO
Wes Lee Street
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Wes Lee Street »

Hello. I have been following the fortunes of Leeds United since the final day of the 2021/2022 season. I am not obsessed, but it is getting close. I have been reading the forum for all of that time, and today was a good time to sign up.

All that I want to say for now is a HUGE thank you to Ellandback1 for his important posts on Match days. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Wes Lee Street wrote: Wed Aug 09, 2023 9:19 am Hello. I have been following the fortunes of Leeds United since the final day of the 2021/2022 season. I am not obsessed, but it is getting close. I have been reading the forum for all of that time, and today was a good time to sign up.

All that I want to say for now is a HUGE thank you to Ellandback1 for his important posts on Match days. Thank you. Thank you. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum pal 👍
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Welcome to all our new members, including the 16 who signed up yesterday!

Why not introduce yourselves?
Billys Statue
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @delmeister1

Post by Billys Statue »

Hello all, thank you for allowing me to join the group

Leeds since 1965, I thought they were Real Madrid

Only other team I ever loved was my hometown club Cape Town City, who Peter Lorimer played for in 1971

lorimer.JPG
ON ON ON!!!
leedsthat
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: @leedsthat

Post by leedsthat »

Hello, I'm James and I'm addicted to Leeds United.
EastDevonExile
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by EastDevonExile »

Saw my first game in 1962 age 9, Norwich at Home. My Grandad and Uncle were in the West Stand Paddock and I was in the Boys Pen behind the goal on what was then the open kop. I do not remember much about the game but kept the match programme and started a lifetime 'love affair' with LUFC. Living in Beeston made it easy to get to ER and soon became a regular. I remember when i went to senior school (Cockburn High) if you played for the school football team on a Saturday morning and Leeds were at home you got a Free Ticket for the Boys Pen. First away game was Middlesbrough (March 1964) absolutely atrocious weather, rained all day but Leeds won 3-1 on a gluepot pitch with recently signed Alan Peacock scoring against his old club Boro. The programme is one of my favourites in my LUFC collection.

Claim to fame, my brother and I were pictured on the front page of the YEP in April 1965 with 1965 FA Cup Final tickets after we had queued at ER all night. No internet, Sky Sports in those days, had to wait for the BBC Home Service 10pm news to get the midweek football results.

So many great memories, but 1971/72 ranks as the best ever season and the 'Super Leeds' era where LUFC destroyed the opposition with outstanding performances like the famous 7-0 Southampton job as we narrowly missed out on the 'Double'.
So many disappointments along the way, the 1965 and 1970 finals, the 1972 Wolves title decider, the 1975 EC final........... - the Revie team should have won so much more.... but that's football for you.

I remember when the Scratching Shed mob transferred to the Gelderd End in 1967/68 season and a guy nicknamed 'Collar' who used to lead the Kop singing.

Left Leeds in August 1975 to join the Army, only attending games when home on leave, Now settled in Devon and an 'exile'. Used to get to ER 4/5 times a season with my Leeds fan teenage daughter plus a few away games. Parking at the top of Beeston and the first sight of ER coming down Wesley Street still as exciting as my 1st game as a 9 year old.

Consider myself so lucky to have been a regular during the 'Glory Years' but also sad to hear so many of my heroes passing away in recent years.
malcolmw
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by malcolmw »

Billys Statue wrote: Sat Aug 19, 2023 12:57 pm Hello all, thank you for allowing me to join the group

Leeds since 1965, I thought they were Real Madrid

Only other team I ever loved was my hometown club Cape Town City, who Peter Lorimer played for in 1971

lorimer.JPG
Hi Billy. Was scrolling through the threads and came across your post above
I was an avid Highlands Park fan as a kid. (Grew up in the OFS). Except for the few years when Powerlines came into existence, and I started following them as they came from the town where I was born.
They then amalgamated with Highlands, and became Highlands Power (dumb name)! Then eventually back to Highlands Park.
We were a football crazy family. Me as a Highlands fan, my dad supported Germiston Callies his whole life, and my brother in law a Durban City fan.
Football was pretty vibrant in SA in those days. Many happy memories.
JosephA
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by JosephA »

Hello. I'm Joe. I'm new.

Saw the 91/92 side at ER as a kid, then drifted away for a bunch of reasons (being a metalhead introvert teenager, not having Sky TV in our house). Went to the odd game during the wilderness years then fell back in love when I met my partner and her kids in 2018. I mostly look after the dogs while the family goes to the match, but still manage to get to a few friendlies and cup games each season.

Here for friendly, respectful, slightly silly conversation.
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

JosephA wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:11 pm Hello. I'm Joe. I'm new.

Saw the 91/92 side at ER as a kid, then drifted away for a bunch of reasons (being a metalhead introvert teenager, not having Sky TV in our house). Went to the odd game during the wilderness years then fell back in love when I met my partner and her kids in 2018. I mostly look after the dogs while the family goes to the match, but still manage to get to a few friendlies and cup games each season.

Here for friendly, respectful, slightly silly conversation.
Welcome Joe 👍.

My wife looks after the dog whilst I go to the games 😂. You’ll get the slightly silly conversation alright here 😁
JosephA
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by JosephA »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:16 pm Welcome Joe 👍.

My wife looks after the dog whilst I go to the games 😂. You’ll get the slightly silly conversation alright here 😁

Cheers mate!

:dog:
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

JosephA wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:21 pm Cheers mate!

:dog:
👍.

As you will see, my best mate is my avatar. Get your dogs up on there mate, a number of us have 👍
JosephA
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by JosephA »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:26 pm 👍.

As you will see, my best mate is my avatar. Get your dogs up on there mate, a number of us have 👍
Done!
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

JosephA wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 1:49 pmDone!
Brilliant 👍
JosephA
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by JosephA »

Barlow Boy wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 3:08 pm Brilliant 👍
Yours too!