Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
richard66
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Supporting Leeds United (Welcome & Introductions)

Post by richard66 »

I was born in 66, my brother was 3 years older than me and a West Ham fan, i couldnt support the same team as him so i chose Leeds im not sure when it was but i think i was probably about 7 and Leeds were a massive team. i fell out of love with the game years ago but i started to take an interest again about 5 years ago. There has never been any other team for me and i dont think there is another team in the world with dedicated supporters like Leeds have with all the chants and singing.
Pops64
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Pops64 »

Hi all !

I'm a Leeds fan from Finland.
I started supporting Leeds sometime in the early 70's.

Tbh I really don't know why I chose to support Leeds, but I have no regrets. I like LUFC very much and I'm looking forward to next season, even though we are in the Championship again.

I follow Partick Thistle too.

- Cheers -
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Pops64 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:43 am Hi all !

I'm a Leeds fan from Finland.
I started supporting Leeds sometime in the early 70's.

Tbh I really don't know why I chose to support Leeds, but I have no regrets. I like LUFC very much and I'm looking forward to next season, even though we are in the Championship again.

- Cheers -
Welcome to the forum pal.

Why Patrick Thistle ?
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Pops64 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 8:43 am

- Cheers -
I always thought they were called Partick Thistle Nil.

A Billy Connelly reference there.
Pops64
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Pops64 »

Barlow Boy wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:09 pm Welcome to the forum pal.

Why Patrick Thistle ?
Thx.

No good reason really. I just thought that it might be fun to follow a Scottish team too, and by the time I chose
Partick Thistle they were in the Prem.
I didn't want to support any of the better clubs there. PT just felt like the one (Scottish) team for me.
I'm not a fanatic Thistle fan - I don't even know all the players - but I check them out from time to time.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Pops64 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:29 pm Thx.

No good reason really. I just thought that it might be fun to follow a Scottish team too, and by the time I chose
I didn't want to support any of the better clubs there. PT just felt like the one (Scottish) team for me.
I'm not a fanatic Thistle fan - I don't even know all the players - but I check them out from time to time.
Welcome Pops :tup:

One of my good mates who follows Leeds home & away is a fan of Partick Thistle, he is unhappy they were beaten by Ross County in the play-offs last Sunday.
Pops64
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Pops64 »

1964white wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:36 pm Welcome Pops :tup:

One of my good mates who follows Leeds home & away is a fan of Partick Thistle, he is unhappy they were beaten by Ross County in the play-offs last Sunday.
Yeah, me too. They totally froze. 2-0 at home and then took the lead away. The second half was a disaster though.
Bannigan missed the goal from 5m and then hit the post in the penalty shoot out. :verysad:
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Pops64 wrote: Tue Jun 06, 2023 4:29 pm Thx.

Nice story.

I always had a thing for East Fife when I was younger, absolutely no idea why.
ShaunL
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by ShaunL »

Best scorel line Forfar 4 East Fife 5
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

Evening all, don't know how or where to start, but here goes. Been a Leeds fan as long as I can remember or basically since my older brother drilled it into my head when I was about 6 years of age (41 years ago) and to this day we are both still massive fans, from Ireland and been to Elland Road many times over the years and luckily played there once, been a member of different Leeds forums over the years and have actually been reading this forum for over 2 years before plucking up the courage to join (signed up last year) or post, this place is easily the most sane and informative I've come across, and I love the breakfast debates (check in every morning for that) , so thought I'd give it a shot , so hello all
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Lufc76Cor wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:28 pm Evening all, don't know how or where to start, but here goes. Been a Leeds fan as long as I can remember or basically since my older brother drilled it into my head when I was about 6 years of age (41 years ago) and to this day we are both still massive fans, from Ireland and been to Elland Road many times over the years and luckily played there once, been a member of different Leeds forums over the years and have actually been reading this forum for over 2 years before plucking up the courage to join (signed up last year) or post, this place is easily the most sane and informative I've come across, and I love the breakfast debates (check in every morning for that) , so thought I'd give it a shot , so hello all
Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy 👍
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

Cheers Barlow
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Lufc76Cor wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:33 pm Cheers Barlow
👍.

How did you come to play at Elland Road mate ?
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Lufc76Cor wrote: Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:28 pm Evening all, don't know how or where to start, but here goes. Been a Leeds fan as long as I can remember or basically since my older brother drilled it into my head when I was about 6 years of age (41 years ago) and to this day we are both still massive fans, from Ireland and been to Elland Road many times over the years and luckily played there once, been a member of different Leeds forums over the years and have actually been reading this forum for over 2 years before plucking up the courage to join (signed up last year) or post, this place is easily the most sane and informative I've come across, and I love the breakfast debates (check in every morning for that) , so thought I'd give it a shot , so hello all
Welcome to MOT, Cor :tup:

Good to have you on board.
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

Cheers 64
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 8:47 pm 👍.

How did you come to play at Elland Road mate ?
Think it was a crowd called football nights that ran a charity event every season at certain participating clubs, it was advertised on the clubs official website, basically you could bid for a place on one of the two teams or pay £250 and guarantee your place, so the two options were either on Eddie Gray's team or Peter Lorimer's so both the brother and myself bought our places on Eddie's team, we won on penalties after a 4-4 draw and the brother scored the winning penalty and I got man of the match which was picked by Eddie and Peter, Football Nights ran loads of events at that time as we were the 3rd game on that day, Andy Hughes was also there to greet everyone, this was 2 days after we lost to Millwall in the play off semi's in 2009(I think) , ex premiership referees and linesmen also, never played on a pitch so perfect in my life, it was like a putting green.....some experience
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

Lufc76Cor wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 9:26 pm Think it was a crowd called football nights that ran a charity event every season at certain participating clubs, it was advertised on the clubs official website, basically you could bid for a place on one of the two teams or pay £250 and guarantee your place, so the two options were either on Eddie Gray's team or Peter Lorimer's so both the brother and myself bought our places on Eddie's team, we won on penalties after a 4-4 draw and the brother scored the winning penalty and I got man of the match which was picked by Eddie and Peter, Football Nights ran loads of events at that time as we were the 3rd game on that day, Andy Hughes was also there to greet everyone, this was 2 days after we lost to Millwall in the play off semi's in 2009(I think) , ex premiership referees and linesmen also, never played on a pitch so perfect in my life, it was like a putting green.....some experience
What an experience that must have been.

To get the MOTM is some achievement 👍👍👍
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Jul 09, 2023 11:13 pm What an experience that must have been.

To get the MOTM is some achievement 👍👍👍
It was, but to be fair I was a lot younger than most others so had the legs over them, but yeah some experience and a dream come true......
united8
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by united8 »

First post.
Looking at your stats section note Daniel Farke b. 30/10/1976, same day as Leeds 2 Arsenal 1, Cherry, Jordan, maybe augurs well...
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

united8 wrote: Fri Jul 14, 2023 5:39 pm First post.
Looking at your stats section note Daniel Farke b. 30/10/1976, same day as Leeds 2 Arsenal 1, Cherry, Jordan, maybe augurs well...
Welcome to the forum pal, enjoy 👍