Here's to our third season in the top flight

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by HarryofOz »

What a turn around

Year after year after year in the lower leagues

Then along comes Radz and Orta and co running the club

Along comes Bielsa and Marsch and their coaching staff

Along come all those players who have played their part

And its our third season in a row in the top flight coming up

Super super super Leeds
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Here's to our third season in the top flight

Post by weasel »

It's going to be an interesting summer for sure. A real test I think for Orta as he probably gets more say in first team transfers than previously as I doubt JM is as selective as Bielsa and there won't be the potential of JM walking out if the clubs angers him which was always a concern with regard to Bielsa and transfers. A fair bit of rebuilding likely needed as I think Raphinha will definitely be gone (at least now though not for the low relegation fee clause) and I can see Rodrigo and possibly KP going too as well as possibly Firpo. Presumably Aaronsen is a near nailed on deal but think we are looking at 3 or 4 first team starters needed.

Looking forward to next season and to see whether Marsch is the real deal or just talks a good game.
Last edited by weasel on Sun May 22, 2022 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

Raphinha is the only one we'd miss, the rest can go as long as we get good money. We stayed up but we can all see how very bad we are and unless there's very good recruitment we'll be down there again next season.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

BGwhite wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:49 pm Raphinha is the only one we'd miss, the rest can go as long as we get good money. We stayed up but we can all see how very bad we are and unless there's very good recruitment we'll be down there again next season.

Sent from my moto g(9) plus using Tapatalk
I think Raph is the only one who has done anything worthy this season , so good luck to him for the rest if his career .....he has carried the side this season , including the management . My worry is Orta still dealing with transfers , he will hold this club back imo .
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

bring it on as long as owners spend spend spend on quality we need premier league football we are leeds
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Surely we must have money available now? Hopefully Radz and co have learned their lesson now.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

What a relief :-D
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

🥂everyone!
Agbonlahor and Collymore must be gutted 🤣
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Clacton White wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:52 pm I think Raph is the only one who has done anything worthy this season , so good luck to him for the rest if his career .....he has carried the side this season , including the management . My worry is Orta still dealing with transfers , he will hold this club back imo .
If Orta remains as DOF then we will be fighting relegation next season - guaranteed.
AndyGoramTheGreatest
Ballboy
Ballboy
Twitter: PETERSBOSS2

Post by AndyGoramTheGreatest »

Congrats from up in Scotchland.

Similar week to what I had with my other lot - some major disappointments, but a cup win yesterday and Leeds staying up today mean 21/22 wasn't a complete wipeout.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Post by 60sUnited »

Orta must be given the boot....any fool can see that... BUT....
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

All 3 coming up are really poor, we shouldn't be in this position again next season. I'd be happy for a boring Palace type season.

I hope the players are told finishing 17th isn't a success.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

SG90 wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:55 pm Surely we must have money available now? Hopefully Radz and co have learned their lesson now.
We'll get a fair bit to spend when Rahphinha leaves
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Looks like we'll have some good money coming in from Raphinha. Talk of James leaving. And I'd cash in on one CB, given that Cresswell, Strujik and Hjelde are all ready to play more. That said, we do need someone that can play the attacking midfield role and a number 10. Raphinha money should be enough to cover 2 signings there. Improvement at left back and right back? Maybe. Although I could see Drameh pushing Ayling. I even think Fripo showed improvement at the end.

But yeah, I'd be looking at about 3 or 4 first team signings, mostly to better fit Jesse's 4-2-2-2. That would be covered by money from outgoing transfers.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

AndyGoramTheGreatest wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:09 pm Congrats from up in Scotchland.

Similar week to what I had with my other lot - some major disappointments, but a cup win yesterday and Leeds staying up today mean 21/22 wasn't a complete wipeout.
Welcome to MOT, to your good self from up in the good old Scotchland.

I'd say you've had rather a good weekend by all counts :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 5:38 pm It's going to be an interesting summer for sure. A real test I think for Orta as he probably gets more say in first team transfers than previously as I doubt JM is as selective as Bielsa and there won't be the potential of JM walking out if the clubs angers him which was always a concern with regard to Bielsa and transfers. A fair bit of rebuilding likely needed as I think Raphinha will definitely be gone (at least now though not for the low relegation fee clause) and I can see Rodrigo and possibly KP going too as well as possibly Firpo. Presumably Aaronsen is a near nailed on deal but think we are looking at 3 or 4 first team starters needed.

Looking forward to next season and to see whether Marsch is the real deal or just talks a good game.
So if we lose our best two players in Raphinha & Phillips, we're going to need some proper shrewd recruitment.

I personally feel selling your best players is the wrong thing to do, we should be building a squad around them, there are others who should be moved on.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

AndyGoramTheGreatest wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:09 pm Congrats from up in Scotchland.

Welcome to MOT, Andy :tup:
1964white

Post by 1964white »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:16 pm We'll get a fair bit to spend when Rahphinha leaves
Depends who we spend the money on, our transfer business hasn't been great.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

1964white wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:34 pm Depends who we spend the money on, our transfer business hasn't been great.
Aaronson looks like the right kind. Not saying 'owt yet though, given the time we've wasted on talking about players we didn't sign and deals that fell through.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

I love you all, you big Beauties!!!!!!