We moved from Hicksville -

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

We moved from Hicksville -

Post by Norm »

- on May 5th last year (we had sold the house) we moved into a fully-furnished flat in Springfield, MO - hence to be called 'SGF' after its airport code. I always liked living in cities so I'm happy with all the conveniences now afforded us - Debbie is so-so but Michael's happy because he gets to go to certain stores on a more regular basis.

I don't remember posting anything about this, but if I have I apologize for burdening you with it again.

Anyway, sometime in late April this year we will be driving to New York (Brooklyn to be precise) and getting on the QM2 liner for a 7-day trip across the Atlantic.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Re: We moved from Hicksville -

Post by HarryofOz »

Say hi to the Simpsons :)

Hav a good life in your new home.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Lumiukko
First Team
First Team

Post by Lumiukko »

Having spent a lot of time in Springfield (ex-girlfriend) and Carthage/Joplin for that matter, I hope it is less hick than it was 8 years ago, my last visit. To be fair, I always thought the old downtown had a lot of potential! Hope you enjoy the move!

But, no matter, Norm, if you make it to the West Coast, let me know so we can watch a game! ALAW
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hope you are both happy with your move, Norm

Enjoy your QM2 trip
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Glad it's working out well for Michael. All the best, Norm.
hector

Post by hector »

Are you docking at Southampton?? If so, I can warn them at the docks.... :mrgreen:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

hector wrote: Fri Feb 04, 2022 1:17 pm Are you docking at Southampton?? If so, I can warn them at the docks.... :mrgreen:
Have Ellandback as the official greeting party
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

hector wrote:
Are you docking at Southampton?? If so, I can warn them at the docks....
Salisbury
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

Lumiukko wrote:

Having spent a lot of time in Springfield (ex-girlfriend) and Carthage/Joplin for that matter, I hope it is less hick than it was 8 years ago, my last visit. To be fair, I always thought the old downtown had a lot of potential! Hope you enjoy the move!

But, no matter, Norm, if you make it to the West Coast, let me know so we can watch a game! ALAW
Springfield is not the place I referred to as Hicksville - it's a small town in Ozark County called Isabella (population < 200).

Thanks very much - unlikely to happen but thanks for the invite - you're very kind.
hector

Post by hector »

Norm wrote: Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:18 amSalisbury
:shock: :shock: :shock:

;-)
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

:mrgreen: