Leeds Utd v Sheffield Utd Match Thread - Liam Cooper returns in place of Pascal Struijk

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Re: Leeds Utd v Sheffield Utd Match Thread - Liam Cooper returns in place of Pascal Struijk

Post by Ellandback1 »

You can only beat who's in front of you, and being a local derby it was never going to be a classic but overall I was disappointed by our display.

We were so much more dominant than the scoreline.

On the very odd accession the Blades were attacking, they looked dangerous, and they shouldn't.
RebelWhite
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: Leeds Utd v Sheffield Utd Match Thread - Liam Cooper returns in place of Pascal Struijk

Post by RebelWhite »

Just reading 27 out of 30 points against the bottom 7 sides . That's remarkable . Our season is not decided on games against the top three or four . At least not THIS season !!!
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:41 pm I'd been thinking about how many of bottom teams we'd done the double over.

That's a really impressive stat. I'd be surprised if any other team has done better than that
Chelsea certainly haven't.

:) :) :)
Velotrax

Post by Velotrax »

Funny how on MOTD the blatant off the floor two footed assault on Tyler wasn't even mentioned
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

I was very impressed with Llorente and also how Roberts is looking increasingly better each game. I know he got the goal and assist but I felt Harrison made far too many errors in his crossing and decision making, Raphinha gave the ball away for their goal and he was sloppy at times. Dallas was my mom though he was a monster in midfield today.
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Richard wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:58 pm Roberts is looking increasingly better each game.

Didn't catch the first half but Roberts involved in two key passes leading to goals today, putting through both Raphinha and Harrison. Very solid contribution.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

Had a few too many drinks down in a mates garden so had to make do with the highlights this morning hungover. It looked like we had plenty of chances to kill the game and SU came into it a bit at the end. Job done another 3 points in the bag with a tough run of games coming up.
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

Richard wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:58 pm how Roberts is looking increasingly better each game.
Jim Beglin was the pundit assistant commentator in our broadcast.

His comment was that Roberts has been very good of late and with his performances has 'said' to Rodrigo and Klich that if they want his spot, they are going to have to earn it.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 6:33 pm You can only beat who's in front of you, and being a local derby it was never going to be a classic but overall I was disappointed by our display.

We were so much more dominant than the scoreline.

On the very odd accession the Blades were attacking, they looked dangerous, and they shouldn't.
Agree.

I lost count of the times we had great attacking opportunities on the break and wasted them with a poor final pass or poor finishing.

The Blunts are dross and we could and should have put them to the sword.
Byebyegeegee
First Team
First Team

Post by Byebyegeegee »

I must say that I enjoyed the excellent commentary from Peter Drury and Ali McCoist, none of the usual subliminal anti Leeds bias that is often apparent from MSM commentators - well done to them!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:40 pm He even Karate chopped TyRo in his six yard box :oops:
It looks more like sexual assault in that picture.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 4:47 pm We'll have to be v Citeh.

Tbh I'm expecting to be torn apart, we're not the first & won't be the last.
I'm expecting (hoping) we'll up our game and go toe to toe again.
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Gonna be interesting to see what happens with Koch with Llorente and Phillips being the men in possession?

Also thought it was a bit shabby to drop Struijk for Cooper

Cooper gave some stupid free kicks away and looked rusty for me.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

SaraM wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 11:07 am I'm expecting (hoping) we'll up our game and go toe to toe again.
Upping our game may not be enough if they are at their best.

Hopefully Citeh put in a lack lustre performance as they did v their local rivals
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Byebyegeegee wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 9:06 am I must say that I enjoyed the excellent commentary from Peter Drury and Ali McCoist, none of the usual subliminal anti Leeds bias that is often apparent from MSM commentators - well done to them!
McCoist was really funny about Alioski on his hands & knees. :lol: He's definitely a Leeds fan!
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Velotrax wrote: Sat Apr 03, 2021 10:35 pm Funny how on MOTD the blatant off the floor two footed assault on Tyler wasn't even mentioned
Of course not :(
1964white

Post by 1964white »

White Riot wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:45 am Agree.

I lost count of the times we had great attacking opportunities on the break and wasted them with a poor final pass or poor finishing.

The Blunts are dross and we could and should have put them to the sword.
Far too many, we should have buried them.

One of the most one-sided matches even though we won by only one goal.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 8:40 am Had a few too many drinks down in a mates garden so had to make do with the highlights this morning hungover. It looked like we had plenty of chances to kill the game and SU came into it a bit at the end. Job done another 3 points in the bag with a tough run of games coming up.
If you have Amazon Prime, do you know you can watch a replay of the whole game mate.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:27 pm If you have Amazon Prime, do you know you can watch a replay of the whole game mate.
I’m wondering why I should ever do that? Some things are best forgotten 😬
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 04, 2021 12:27 pm If you have Amazon Prime, do you know you can watch a replay of the whole game mate.
No i didn't 64. I will bare that in mind cheers. :tup: