Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by Smudge3920 »

faaip wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:16 pm Bench looks decent to me ...
:tup: ...Everyone been shouting for them to get a chance ... now its ..."bench is to thin"..."bunch of kids" ... cant do right for doing wrong :)
Last edited by Smudge3920 on Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Leeds United v Crystal Palace Match Thread - Unchanged starting XI, Joe Gelhardt makes the bench

Post by 1964white »

Our first XI has to turn up tonight

Come on Leeds :scar1
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:19 pm Everyone been shouting for them to get a chance ... now its ..."bench is to thin"..."bunch of kids" ... cant do right for doing wrong :)

Great to see Joffey on the bench, but without Pablo we do lack the pure quality to change things up
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:19 pm Everyone been shouting for them to get a chance ... now its ..."bench is to thin"..."bunch of kids" ... cant do right for doing wrong :)
You haven't heard me crying about giving the bench a chance, so please don't lump my observation in with those folks.

And it wasn't a complaint, merely an observation. our bench would be fantastic if Koch, Llorente, and Rodrigo were available.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

I haven't been shouting for them, our bench players are struggling at this level
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:20 pm Great to see Joffey on the bench, but without Pablo we do lack the pure quality to change things up
Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:17 pm Pablo may have decided to move on ... and go to the club he is part owner of...sad ending to a great stint at Leeds, wish a statement would be released about what is going on, I think the fans deserve at least that much.
I know mate hence my post...
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:22 pm I haven't been shouting for them, our bench players are struggling at this level
I know mate...others post you know :) ... and we know we need to upgrade in the summer... but its only February... so lets get behind them ...
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Pablo still has a role to to play this season.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:27 pm Pablo still has a role to to play this season.
With a Spanish club I suspect Ian.
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:27 pm Pablo still has a role to to play this season.
I think we all agree he has... something has definately changed... untill the club make a statement we will remain in this constant debate...maybe he has accepted a new role and it is off field in the dressing room,maybe he has decided to quit, who knows.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:29 pm With a Spanish club I suspect Ian.
Window is closed Leon he cant go anywhere?
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

He is part owner of a club ...
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Smudge3920 wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:32 pm He is part owner of a club ...
Under contract to Leeds

Plus the club couldnt afford to pay him what we do,
'
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Hodgson may not have brought a bus but he has

VAN Aanholt. ( who will destroy Ailioski with his pace )
'
Smudge3920
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Smudge3920 »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:34 pm Under contract to Leeds

Plus the club couldnt afford to pay him what we do,
True mate ...but who knows ...maybe they are working on an agreement and he will be released...so many variables to it all...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Irish Ian wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:31 pm Window is closed Leon he cant go anywhere?
If I was Pablo I start walking to Spain now, if he has been dropped tonight it's a massive insult on our talisman who was massively instrumental in getting us promoted.

I really hope he is injured as right now I'm fuming :x
Richard
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @northantsmanvan

Post by Richard »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:37 pm If I was Pablo I start walking to Spain now, if he has been dropped tonight it's a massive insult on our talisman who was massively instrumental in getting us promoted.

He should have started walking before the season started, I said at the start of the season no new contract. Too old for the PL
Gandalf
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Gandalf »

1964white wrote: Mon Feb 08, 2021 7:37 pm If I was Pablo I start walking to Spain now, if he has been dropped tonight it's a massive insult on our talisman who was massively instrumental in getting us promoted.

Pablo has a slight niggle, according to Phil Hay.
Delapsus Resurgam - When I fall I shall rise!