Wendies Deducted 12pts

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Muppet the Cat

Wendies Deducted 12pts

Post by Muppet the Cat »

But effective next season.

Wouldn’t be happy if I was a Wigan fan :roll:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Wendies deducted 12pts

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 6:26 pm But effective next season.

Wouldn’t be happy if I was a Wigan fan :roll:
So what is the difference ? seems like one rule for one club & a different rule for another club.

Still pleasing to see the Owls starting next season on -12 points :lol:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Seems ridiculous that the punishment is rolled over to next season. Typical EFL - so glad we are rid of them.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:28 pm Seems ridiculous that the punishment is rolled over to next season. Typical EFL - so glad we are rid of them.
Wendies would have finished bottom had the EFL enforced the deduction this season
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Pathetic again from the abysmal EFL. Wigan deducted points for a breach this season, Wendies? next season. It would be unbelievable if it was any other unit, but this is the EFL, it's what we've come to expect. Good riddance to them I say!
Ratscoot
Manager
Manager

Post by Ratscoot »

Notice nothing mentioned about the Rams guessing the corrupt EFL don’t want to upset the fat scouser
A bumble bee under the laws of physics shouldnt be able to fly, but it does because no one has told it that it can't
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

I see Charlton are questioning this.
So they should too.
I cannot see any justification for Wigan to be punished this year and Wednesday next year.
If I was Wigan I'd be joining Charlton with my complaint (but in reverse of course).
Total bllocks.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ratscoot wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:45 pm Notice nothing mentioned about the Rams guessing the corrupt EFL don’t want to upset the fat scouser
EFL can't be seen to be tarnishing an ex-England legend & a team previously managed by Fat Frank another England favourite :roll:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

It's a different crime so that gives the FL a way out of not relegating the Owls this season I guess, plus they sat on their arses doing FA about it for a long time too so it ran past the end of the season.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

The points deductions are for different reasons, so that is why the punishment is different I assume.

Just like there is a different sanction for getting a red card based on violent conduct or for other reasons.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
Boo Radley
First Team
First Team

Post by Boo Radley »

This is a joke!

There isn’t even the pretense of being evenhanded in how you deal with clubs in the same league. You can say one offense was of a lesser nature, was in a different time period, was technical versus malicious etc. but the fact remains that an unfair advantage accrued to teams like both Wigan and Wednesday and yet the punishment differs.

The fans of one club are flushed down the Swanee while the others have room to believe that a full season may see them negate the punishment.

Not fair or just - not good enough! Typical EFL.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Boo Radley wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:03 pm This is a joke!

There isn’t even the pretense of being evenhanded in how you deal with clubs in the same league. You can say one offense was of a lesser nature, was in a different time period, was technical versus malicious etc. but the fact remains that an unfair advantage accrued to teams like both Wigan and Wednesday and yet the punishment differs.

The fans of one club are flushed down the Swanee while the others have room to believe that a full season may see them negate the punishment.

Not fair or just - not good enough! Typical EFL.
Too true Boo. Disgraceful!
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

HarryofOz wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:49 pm The points deductions are for different reasons, so that is why the punishment is different I assume.

Just like there is a different sanction for getting a red card based on violent conduct or for other reasons.
Both of the offences (wigan and Sheff Wd) are from the 19/20 season. A red card is a red card whichever game it derives from. Therefore, the incredibly inept EFL do not look at both Wigan and Wendies in the same light. Its disgraceful that they can relegate one team based on a points deduction but allow another club to survive a points deduction during the same season. How on earth can this be possible, or even tolerated! It needs looking at!
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:49 am Both of the offences (wigan and Sheff Wd) are from the 19/20 season. A red card is a red card whichever game it derives from. Therefore, the incredibly inept EFL do not look at both Wigan and Wendies in the same light. Its disgraceful that they can relegate one team based on a points deduction but allow another club to survive a points deduction during the same season. How on earth can this be possible, or even tolerated! It needs looking at!
They did different things, so they are not looked at in the same light.

Wigan went into administration.

Sheffield Wednesday were guilty of breaching 'the League’s Profitability and Sustainability Rules for the three season reporting period ending with Season 2017/18.' So the Wendies did not commit an offence in the 19/20 season (and even if they had it was a different offence).

The punishment (ban) for getting a red card for violent conduct is different to the punishment for getting a red card for committing a professional foul.
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Hi Harry....what time is it in OZ...
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Great to see you live :)
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:18 am Hi Harry....what time is it in OZ...
Good to see you too, with you being such a night-owl, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often :)

It's 11:30am here. Nine hours ahead of you.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:32 am Good to see you too, with you being such a night-owl, I'm surprised it doesn't happen more often :)

It's 11:30am here. Nine hours ahead of you.
Me too :)
Just enjoying a nightcap of malt whisky. 11.30 am....its 2.30 am here. What are you gonna do with your day....
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:34 am Me too :)
Just enjoying a nightcap of malt whisky. 11.30 am....its 2.30 am here. What are you gonna do with your day....
It's been exciting so far, I did the grocery shopping this morning...heart-stopping stuff LOL

Now just doing a bit of browsing and watching DVDs. Just finished a Doc Martin, and now watching The Big Bang Theory. Both top-notch comedies.

No particular plans, will probably just watch sport (rugby league and football) on telly later. Boring, but I like it :)

How about you, apart from drinking whiskey?
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

HarryofOz wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 1:38 am It's been exciting so far, I did the grocery shopping this morning...heart-stopping stuff LOL

Now just doing a bit of browsing and watching DVDs. Just finished a Doc Martin, and now watching The Big Bang Theory. Both top-notch comedies.

No particular plans, will probably just watch sport (rugby league and football) on telly later. Boring, but I like it :)

How about you, apart from drinking whiskey?
I love watching sport as well. We have cricket tomorrow (today really :) ), England v Ireland. Then the FA Cup Final Chelsea v Arsenal. Also the start of the Scottish footy season. Hopefully, I can take our Basset Hound for a walk in the morning but maybe too hot.
Harry, so nice to talk to you live :) , bedtime beckons for me, 2.50 am. Lets speak soon :-D