Positives from Covid-19

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
hector

Re: Positives from Covid-19

Post by hector »

Discussions are under way, but the threads are too relevant to be locked, so they are being re-opened.

PLAY NICE!!!!!!
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

yes, I will try, but will not allow others to use this forum to promote anarchy
wilsdenwhite
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by wilsdenwhite »

My job has completely changed since the lockdown began as has our organisations direction. I mean we helped people, the vulnerable and the elderly particularly before all this hit us but these last 2 weeks have been insane and I've never stopped. Squeezed in to my daily routine now I have to deliver meals on top of food bags and picking food stuffs up from here there and everywhere to distribute. I'm basically a food courier now until further notice. Things crop up each day that makes me think well.. It's worth it. Today an old lady answered the door, must be knocking on 90 and I gave her her spag bol. Oh I said, we also got loads of cheese sandwiches from Morrisons would you like one for your tea maybe? Ohhh I love cheeses sandwiches she said. It's the way she said it and the smile on her face. Job done. I think I made a difference there. Then I met this other bloke who I handed 2 food bags to. I have no idea what is in this bags. Anyway this chap had run out of sugar 2 days ago. I opened the bags but sadly no sugar. Not a problem I said I will be back when I drop of the rest of the food bags and bring you your sugar. Oh you don't have to do that he said. I said we'll see.. His face when I turned up with 5 1kg bags of sugar 1/2 hour later I tell you. Just a couple of positives from my day today there.
|||L|||E|||E|||D|||S|||
rich_leeds64
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @richleeds64

Post by rich_leeds64 »

wilsdenwhite wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:44 pm My job has completely changed since the lockdown began as has our organisations direction. I mean we helped people, the vulnerable and the elderly particularly before all this hit us but these last 2 weeks have been insane and I've never stopped. Squeezed in to my daily routine now I have to deliver meals on top of food bags and picking food stuffs up from here there and everywhere to distribute. I'm basically a food courier now until further notice. Things crop up each day that makes me think well.. It's worth it. Today an old lady answered the door, must be knocking on 90 and I gave her her spag bol. Oh I said, we also got loads of cheese sandwiches from Morrisons would you like one for your tea maybe? Ohhh I love cheeses sandwiches she said. It's the way she said it and the smile on her face. Job done. I think I made a difference there. Then I met this other bloke who I handed 2 food bags to. I have no idea what is in this bags. Anyway this chap had run out of sugar 2 days ago. I opened the bags but sadly no sugar. Not a problem I said I will be back when I drop of the rest of the food bags and bring you your sugar. Oh you don't have to do that he said. I said we'll see.. His face when I turned up with 5 1kg bags of sugar 1/2 hour later I tell you. Just a couple of positives from my day today there.
Great work Wilsden, people like you will help the elderly cope with this emergency and as you’ve said a “thank you” and a smile makes it all worthwhile
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

rich_leeds64 wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:49 pm Great work Wilsden, people like you will help the elderly cope with this emergency and as you’ve said a “thank you” and a smile makes it all worthwhile
Absolutely :tup: :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Peter in Blackpool wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:12 pm yes, I will try, but will not allow others to use this forum to promote anarchy
Neither will I ..if I see it I'll let you know...Not happened yet though
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Peter in Blackpool
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Peter in Blackpool »

yes, well done wilsden....people like you make me proud to be british
gessa

Post by gessa »

wilsdenwhite wrote: Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:44 pm My job has completely changed since the lockdown began as has our organisations direction. I mean we helped people, the vulnerable and the elderly particularly before all this hit us but these last 2 weeks have been insane and I've never stopped. Squeezed in to my daily routine now I have to deliver meals on top of food bags and picking food stuffs up from here there and everywhere to distribute. I'm basically a food courier now until further notice. Things crop up each day that makes me think well.. It's worth it. Today an old lady answered the door, must be knocking on 90 and I gave her her spag bol. Oh I said, we also got loads of cheese sandwiches from Morrisons would you like one for your tea maybe? Ohhh I love cheeses sandwiches she said. It's the way she said it and the smile on her face. Job done. I think I made a difference there. Then I met this other bloke who I handed 2 food bags to. I have no idea what is in this bags. Anyway this chap had run out of sugar 2 days ago. I opened the bags but sadly no sugar. Not a problem I said I will be back when I drop of the rest of the food bags and bring you your sugar. Oh you don't have to do that he said. I said we'll see.. His face when I turned up with 5 1kg bags of sugar 1/2 hour later I tell you. Just a couple of positives from my day today there.

Nice one mate. :clap:
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Great work Wilsden

We should all be pulling together at times like this :tup:
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

wilsdenwhite wrote:

My job has completely changed since the lockdown began as has our organisations direction. I mean we helped people, the vulnerable and the elderly particularly before all this hit us but these last 2 weeks have been insane and I've never stopped. Squeezed in to my daily routine now I have to deliver meals on top of food bags and picking food stuffs up from here there and everywhere to distribute. I'm basically a food courier now until further notice. Things crop up each day that makes me think well.. It's worth it. Today an old lady answered the door, must be knocking on 90 and I gave her her spag bol. Oh I said, we also got loads of cheese sandwiches from Morrisons would you like one for your tea maybe? Ohhh I love cheeses sandwiches she said. It's the way she said it and the smile on her face. Job done. I think I made a difference there. Then I met this other bloke who I handed 2 food bags to. I have no idea what is in this bags. Anyway this chap had run out of sugar 2 days ago. I opened the bags but sadly no sugar. Not a problem I said I will be back when I drop of the rest of the food bags and bring you your sugar. Oh you don't have to do that he said. I said we'll see.. His face when I turned up with 5 1kg bags of sugar 1/2 hour later I tell you. Just a couple of positives from my day today there.
You are the essence of volunteering and service. You should be really proud of yourself sir. I appreciate the heck out of you. :tup: