Hull City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Hull site (fair commentary) & LUTV extended highlights up

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Re: Hull City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Meslier and Phillips Start

Post by leic white 63 »

danhirons wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:53 pm One of the best, if not the best, performances of the season for me. Looked like we were going to score everytime we went forward.

Early days but Meslier looks an improvement on casilla for me.

Bamford still awful is the only downside, as well as perhaps Costa and Harrison not scoring (Harrison was awesome though, Costa played well too)
second half it was. but lets not kid ourselves hull were majority piss poor and were a broken team.

credit to hull tho they showed a lot of energy and endeavour in the first and tbf i wouldn't expect from any other team fighting for there life's in their cup final but it was always a matter of time for our quality to shine through,

always liked tyler , quality when fit , he just needs minutes and to stay fit !

agree, its nice to see a keeper catch a ball for a change !
Makewayforducklings
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Makewayforducklings »

hector wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:23 pm Welcome to the forum....

please explain your username...... I am a nosey bugger :) :)
It is a title of a childrens book written and illustrated by Robert Mccloskey. Mum would read it to me when I was 3 and 4. The title of the book stuck with me. I think it's cute.

Hannah
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:38 pm Love that and exactly what I've said for so long now, does all the unseen donkey work but produces moments of sublime class. I always argue the point when I see Klich back to form posts ..He's played like that most of the season ..
And to think Heckingbottom and Christiansen didn't rate him or preferred O'Kane over him , ludicrous decisions ....to be fair though I thought Heck was abysmall , it was down to Christansen who sent him out on loan , not sure if Heck could have recalled him ( probably not ) ...but maybe decisions that cost both their job as I'm sure Klich would have contributed 90% more than O'Kane to the Leeds cause , especially when you think O'Kane seemed to contribute more to the opposition . IMO of course .
I'm pleased Klich got his chance , fully deserved .
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

Wigan 1 WBA 0

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:51 pm Difference between three points and one in our competition.

No place to lay down a bet where I live.

I will be putting a nice one down next Saturday, however, and it will be on Leeds 3-0 Huddersfield
Considering the last two games were away against sides that need points , I would have been happy with a win and a draw - kleep momentum up .......two wins though and I'm over the moon .
DavidH
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by DavidH »

Thought both Costa and Harrison were really good today. They both show lots of skill and are not afraid to take on their man. I know they're not the finished articles yet, but I can see them being big players for us over the next five years. Dare I say, there are times when I look at Harrison's trickery in the box, and I'm reminded of a certain Eddie Gray?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Clacton White wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:42 pm And to think Heckingbottom and Christiansen didn't rate him or preferred O'Kane over him , ludicrous decisions ....to be fair though I thought Heck was abysmall , it was down to Christansen who sent him out on loan , not sure if Heck could have recalled him ( probably not ) ...but maybe decisions that cost both their job as I'm sure Klich would have contributed 90% more than O'Kane to the Leeds cause , especially when you think O'Kane seemed to contribute more to the opposition . IMO of course .
I'm pleased Klich got his chance , fully deserved .
Again it was TC that shipped him out, Heck would have loved to have had him...4 more Heck wins imo had Klich not be loaned to Holland (has everyone forgotten that)
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

DavidH wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:47 pm Thought both Costa and Harrison were really good today. They both show lots of skill and are not afraid to take on their man. I know they're not the finished articles yet, but I can see them being big players for us over the next five years. Dare I say, there are times when I look at Harrison's trickery in the box, and I'm reminded of a certain Eddie Gray?

Maybe ..have you checked to see if he's played in snow?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Norm wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 3:58 pm Fantastic result - I sometimes think I jinx the game when I get onto the matchday thread so I've stayed away for most of these 4 we've won on the trot.
Frustrating to do that but hey, if it works, it works. It may just be a coincidence but you know we've just done exactly what we didn't do last year.

Great stuff - long may it continue.
In school I was taught that correlation and causation are not the same thing.

That being said, feel free to continue staying away on match days. :)
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Makewayforducklings wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 4:39 pm It is a title of a childrens book written and illustrated by Robert Mccloskey. Mum would read it to me when I was 3 and 4. The title of the book stuck with me. I think it's cute.

Hannah
A great book. Winner of the Caldecott Award and the official children's book of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts.

Loved it as a kid.
rrfierce
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by rrfierce »

Meslier had more successful passes than any hull player . Lol .

I thought he did very well. Safe hands, distribution was ok in general but a couple of passes went out for throw ins . Perfect time for him to make his debut and the clean sheet will give him lots of confidence.
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:21 pm Klich MOTM
Harrison a close second
Bang on
Denman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Denman »

John in Louisiana wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:32 pm Great quote on the club's facebook feed a few days ago:

"Watch the game and you never see Klich. Watch Klich and you see the entire game."
Brilliantly insightful. Love that.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

White Riot wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 2:21 pm Hull good luck with yer kick it out campaign in League One
Would appear Hull weren't at the races today.....
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

Irish Ian wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 1:39 pm How many yellows has he?

There is always hope.
oh dear , what a f**king drip .
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Thought Hull were decent today, got ripped apart by the Liverpool of the Championship
leic white 63
First Team
First Team

Post by leic white 63 »

faaip wrote: Sat Feb 29, 2020 6:15 pm Thought Hull were decent today, got ripped apart by the Liverpool of the Championship
steady now !
rab_rant

Post by rab_rant »

faaip wrote:Thought Hull were decent today, got ripped apart by the Liverpool of the Championship
Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting? We are a local club for local people... We'll have no trouble here!"

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 18.59.51.png
Screenshot 2020-02-29 at 18.59.51.png (34.58 KiB) Viewed 3204 times
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

LANDMARK: Leeds have recorded our BIGGEST ever competitive victory over Hull City.

The Tigers have well and truly been mauled at home. :tiger: