Stoke City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Stoke City v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by Cjay »

Same team apart from maybe Dallas and Cooper who both have knocks, thankfully we have lots of depth in defence . . . .

Its to early to worry but i do hope MB rotates more this season.

Feel a bit sorry for Costa and Nketiah who fully deserved to come in for Hernandez and Harrison.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Cjay wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:03 pm Same team apart from maybe Dallas and Cooper who both have knocks, thankfully we have lots of depth in defence . . . .

Its to early to worry but i do hope MB rotates more this season.

Feel a bit sorry for Costa and Nketiah who fully deserved to come in for Hernandez and Harrison.
Just read the presser summary, I suspect if we didnt gave to be making changes elsewhere the boss may be more inclined to rotating in Costa and Eddie.

Surely on Saturday we should be able to impose ourselves on a Stoke side that seems riven by disinterest and disunity...

But we all remember last time we went there.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

SaraM wrote:Jones has now only won something like 3 in the last 25 games, and none of the last 10. I've been reading their forum, and most seem to think they're free falling to relegation. An overlarge, unbalanced squad full of journeymen, ex premier league egos, and an inexperienced manager wedded to an unsuccessful formation. At the risk of tempting fate, I think we'll absolutely batter them this time.
Thats that then....Stoke stroll to victory.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 12:17 pm Just read the presser summary, I suspect if we didnt gave to be making changes elsewhere the boss may be more inclined to rotating in Costa and Eddie.

Surely on Saturday we should be able to impose ourselves on a Stoke side that seems riven by disinterest and disunity...

But we all remember last time we went there.
Bit concerned that we arent even out of August yet and if Dallas and Cooper dont make it then thats 5 first team players already.

Roberts and Ayling out till who knows, Douglas, Dallas, Cooper, thats 4 defenders, we didnt have many to start with.

We should beat Stoke regardless but as you say last season, Jones has only won 4 games, we were 1.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

mothbanquet wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:31 am I'm almost over the tick that's developed every time the opposition gain possession.
Yeah, me too... almost. 🤪
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Here we go again.....

We not even out of August & we have Ayling, Roberts, Cooper, Douglas & Dallas in the treatment room :shock: our defence is decimated

4th RB starting
Main CB & captain out
3rd CB starting
2nd LB starting

Another crazy situation developing, no doubt it will become worse !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 14.36.02.png
Screenshot 2019-08-23 at 14.36.02.png (40.31 KiB) Viewed 3347 times
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 9:51 am Hopefully see you there tomorrow Gurj :-D
Yes fingers crossed Leon. Safe journey mate.
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Berardi easily good enough to slot in and everyone has been saying Shack should start soon. Both nailed on quality starters.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
BGwhite
Superstar
Superstar

Post by BGwhite »

This is just not good. Too many injuries once again rearing it's ugly head and it seems to be the same players. I understand that there will obviously be injuries during any season but just 3 weeks in and half a dozen potentially unavailable for selection . Something just isn't right and its become very disruptive. Yes we have decent back-up but thats not really the point is it.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

beer belly bert
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by beer belly bert »

i love the style of football we play which is attack led , game number 5 against Stoke and the defender injuries are mounting up , should we have bought / loaned defenders close season instead of what we got ?? , i feel we are a bit under staffed at the back and i noticed we are lacking in height as well .
I could stop drinking but im not a quitter
1964white

Post by 1964white »

beer belly bert wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 5:20 pm i love the style of football we play which is attack led , game number 5 against Stoke and the defender injuries are mounting up , should we have bought / loaned defenders close season instead of what we got ?? , i feel we are a bit under staffed at the back and i noticed we are lacking in height as well .
Where have you been stranger ?

Indeed we are under-staffed, lessons not learned from last season :(
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Current right (wing) backs

Ayling - injured. Probably our number 1 but it's close
Dallas - slight injury - probably our number 2 but could get past Ayling or slip behind Berardi, it's that close
Beradi - Best defender of the 4, probably would have started game 1 if he hadn't been suspended
Shackleton - Not far behind the above three but only on experience, talent wise probably the best of the 4 and would almost certainly be starting for 80% of the league already

Not sure spending money on a 5th quality starting RWB would have made too much sense. Disagree we haven't learned lessons from last season..maybe the fans haven't learned the lessons from last season. Appears not judging by the slagging off of Pablo this week...

I'd bet no other team has 4 quality starting right backs, wing or otherwise
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I have little in the way of issues regarding depth right through he squad. The issue I have with injuries is they affect continuity and that can't be circumvented by having 10 10 Million pound right backs.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:41 pm Beradi - Best defender of the 4, probably would have started game 1 if he hadn't been suspended
Berardi was tosh when he came on against Brentford

Dallas is our best RWB right now, currently in the best form of his Leeds career
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

faaip wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:43 pm I have little in the way of issues regarding depth right through he squad.
Ditto. This is how Bielsa chooses to do it, and he's earned the right to do whatever he sees fit, as far as I'm concerned. Not exactly shipping goals, are we. His system snuffs out attacks all over the pitch, we don't rely on a conventional back four.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:47 pm Berardi was tosh when he came on against Brentford

Dallas is our best RWB right now, currently in the best form of his Leeds career
You're doing it again, dismissing a player based on 10 minutes work....
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Can anyone explain to me what 'carrying a knock' means.
gessa

Post by gessa »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:37 am Can anyone explain to me what 'carrying a knock' means.
You've taken a kick (knock) and it's still sore.
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:37 am Can anyone explain to me what 'carrying a knock' means.
No Ducky a "knock" is not another name for a large dram......

calm down :) :)