Solskjaer....

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Solskjaer....

Post by 1964white »

Now permanent manager given a three-year contract

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/47691296

I suppose his appointment is good from a Leeds/Bielsa point of view
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Solskjaer....

Post by The Subhuman »

I must control myself ..must not say nice things about Manure ....
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

Meeta always said that Ole was a good manager.....
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

hector wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:44 pm Meeta always said that Ole was a good manager.....
He has calmed the rocky boat this season
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Easy option for the board. They have hired a manager that they can control in terms of who they sign etc. Solskjaer has no standing in the game to make demands and despite doing a decent job at MU his abysmal failure at Cardiff would have meant no big clubs would have looked at him and MU only did as a caretaker to appease the fans for a few months due to him being an ex-player.

Solskjaer has done well but you have to wonder how much was just simply down to it being a change from Jose Mourinho as it looked like a lot of players, especially Pogba, had downed tools. They were definitely under-performing under Mourinho this season so it is hard to judge how good Solskjaer's time in charge has been.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 3:59 pm

Solskjaer has done well but you have to wonder how much was just simply down to it being a change from Jose Mourinho as it looked like a lot of players, especially Pogba, had downed tools. They were definitely under-performing under Mourinho this season so it is hard to judge how good Solskjaer's time in charge has been.
Agreed the MU dressing room had basically decided to get shot of Jose. The test will come when the board allow him to spend money bringing in his own players and selling on those he doesnt want.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Seems like a nice enough guy, but it's scum so couldn't give a f**k. Over the last couple of games, it's looked like the new manager bounce has gone and supposedly Pogba has said he wants out at the end of the season. Let's see what he does now the buck actually stops with him. Can't see it working, and sincerely hope it doesn't but they don't sack him!!
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Hmmmm! Hope the honeymoon period is over. Can't stand the Scum! Hopefully he will lead them into oblivion. Despise the club and what it stands for. Sky news today creaming themselves at this news all freaking day.....puke!..... Aghhhhh.......hate them with a passion.....and I'm a nice girlie....
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Notwithstanding it’s ManUre it’s difficult to dislike OGS, albeit I would agree the love-in from the media is OTT.

However, how many managers have been appointed in recent times after seemingly doing a good job as a ‘caretaker’ only to be sacked not long into the next season (Darren Moore at WBA and Craig Shakespeare at Leicester are two that spring to mind. Even Mark Hughes secured the Southampton job on the basis of just keeping them up and then got the boot next season).

Maybe they still sounded out Poch behind the scenes but were knocked back. Now he’s moved into his new home he’s decided he likes it too much and wanted to stay in north London.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

I hope now he's got it, the results fall away and they miss out on top 4 as well as going out of Champs League. Can never ever have any kind of affinity with the red scum.
Will always hate everything about that club !!
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

whiteswan wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 1:21 am Aghhhhh.......hate them with a passion.....and I'm a nice girlie....
#MeToo

Always want them to fail utterly.
Norm
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Norm »

I'll settle for slow erosion.

Can't stand the press fawning over everything manure. I remember many suddenly-discovered "life-long fans" MU acquired from TV stations when they got their first league title since the 60s in 1993.