Chris Wood

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Chris Wood

Post by 1964white »

LUFC 1966 wrote:Anyone remember how many chances Robbie Keane required to score a goal for Leeds when we had proper attacking players. I used to call him UB40 --- 1 in 10 . :-D
:hahaha: :hahaha:
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

I am waiting to hear some numpties claim the reason he is doing well is because they gave him abuse.

Closest I have ever come to abusing a Leeds player on the pitch is Alan Smith.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
hector

Post by hector »

Closest I came to shouting abuse at players was Joe Jordan and Gordon McQueen when they made it clear they were defecting to the scum....

Any stuff I write about Wood, is generally meant to be humerous (but admit it may not always be interpreted as such by all who read it).
gessa

Post by gessa »

LUFC 1966 wrote:Anyone remember how many chances Robbie Keane required to score a goal for Leeds when we had proper attacking players. I used to call him UB40 --- 1 in 10 . :-D
never known a striker miss so many one on one's with a keeper, then he would produce a goal out of nothing.
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

gessa wrote:never known a striker miss so many one on one's with a keeper, then he would produce a goal out of nothing.

TBH he did make many of those 1 on 1's.......
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:never known a striker miss so many one on one's with a keeper, then he would produce a goal out of nothing.
He's no Allan Clarke/Jimmy Greaves

That's why Wood plies his trade in the championship i suppose
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:He's no Allan Clarke/Jimmy Greaves

That's why Wood plies his trade in the championship i suppose
I meant Keane mate, like mav says he got in the right place to be in with a chance in a one on one but rarely scored off them, I remember him having three in one game, think it M'boro at home.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:I meant Keane mate, like mav says he got in the right place to be in with a chance in a one on one but rarely scored off them, I remember him having three in one game, think it M'boro at home.
Apologies on the wrong track again

Yes i think it was Boro' where Keane made a hash of three golden opportunities, as you say scored some beauties in his career

Why we signed Fowler & Keane when we already had Viduka & Smith god only knows, one or the other for me. Fowler had a better strike-rate than Keane

Fowler - 14 goals in 30 appearnces
Keane - 13 goals in 46 appearnces
gessa

Post by gessa »

1964white wrote:Apologies on the wrong track again

Yes i think it was Boro' where Keane made a hash of three golden opportunities, as you say scored some beauties in his career

Why we signed Fowler & Keane when we already had Viduka & Smith god only knows, one or the other for me. Fowler had a better strike-rate than Keane

Fowler - 14 goals in 30 appearnces
Keane - 13 goals in 46 appearnces
Exactly 4 strikers for 2 positions where 3 would have done with Kewell able to play up there if we had injuries, yet we only had 1 recognised Left Back who was starting to struggle as the pace of the Premiership increased.
Gurj
Manager
Manager

Post by Gurj »

True say Gessa/Leon. Never did make sense why we went so crazy on getting strikers back then. Luxuries we did not need and subsequently could ill afford of course .
LEEDS AND FOREVER PROUD TO BE !!
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

Wood is a good player at this level, not great, and has plenty of potential for development. Hopefully will grow as a player along with this team which contains a number of players with potential to develop.
No doubt over this season he will continue to frustrate at times but might also have some 'days out' with multi goal hauls - I'm tipping a hat trick or two.

Hopefully also Antonnson will get opportunities to develop as he also shows some predatory prowess. Definitely as a team we need several regular goal threats to keep opposition defences guessing as to where the next goal is coming from.

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

I hope your all right and he is the Messiah my fingers are crossed and wishing him well but he doesn't fill me with confidence.
dezzy
Manager
Manager

Post by dezzy »

ldsutd wrote:I hope your all right and he is the Messiah my fingers are crossed and wishing him well but he doesn't fill me with confidence.
Messiah, no. Solid player, yes. Deserved such a hard time never!
So many players struggle at Elland Road, the pressure is insane lets get behind guys, even when they are struggling...
I realised I was dyslexic when I went to a toga party dressed as a goat..
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

mav wrote:I am waiting to hear some numpties claim the reason he is doing well is because they gave him abuse.

Closest I have ever come to abusing a Leeds player on the pitch is Alan Smith.

Now he was quality, until the injury.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm saying nothing about Wood btw.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

faaip wrote:Now he was quality, until the injury.

Not a fan of strikers that don't score, he ran around well enough but was never a proper striker for me.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Blatant hatred from our resident young lady (BB) as she predicts Leeds to win 4-0 tonight with no Wood included in her scorers :wink: Roofe & Antosson are preferred

They will have to come on as subs & score to grant you your bold prediction

Good luck young lady :tup: