Non Leeds transfer news and rumours

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Non Leeds transfer news and rumours

Post by Genghers »

Bounemouth apparently in negotiations to bring in Max Gradel from St. Etienne. Would love to see him in the Premiership (although not as much as I'd love to see him back here!).

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/ ... -m/page/1/
gessa

Post by gessa »

Genghers wrote:Bounemouth apparently in negotiations to bring in Max Gradel from St. Etienne. Would love to see him in the Premiership (although not as much as I'd love to see him back here!).

http://hereisthecity.com/en-gb/2015/06/ ... -m/page/1/
Just the sort of player we need, looks as though he's out grown us.

With your post about Byram bid being increased to £8m. Would you take it if that money went on Gradel and 2 more £2m players?
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

gessa wrote:Just the sort of player we need, looks as though he's out grown us.

With your post about Byram bid being increased to £8m. Would you take it if that money went on Gradel and 2 more £2m players?
If we stood any chance of getting Gradel then... Maybe? I still think Sam is our best right-back, and makes an alright winger if necessary.

Depends on the other players I suppose, but if it was another top class (for the Championship) winger and maybe a strong left-back then it could be worth it.

BUT we shouldn't be having to sell, so hopefully we'll get the decent recruits and keep our young'uns!
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

gessa wrote:
Just the sort of player we need, looks as though he's out grown us.

I probably would :tup:
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

Im not a fan of looking back on players that have previously left, especially ones that a nearing the 30 mark

Max was part of our more memorable squad i dont think in this enviroment and in this team they will flourish as they did in the past. The expectation of the fans for the player to constantly set the pitch a light would be too great in my opinion.

and not to mention his best years are likely behind him
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

hibbi86 wrote:Im not a fan of looking back on players that have previously left, especially ones that a nearing the 30 mark

Max was part of our more memorable squad i dont think in this enviroment and in this team they will flourish as they did in the past. The expectation of the fans for the player to constantly set the pitch a light would be too great in my opinion.

and not to mention his best years are likely behind him
He's only 27! Agree with your reasoning though...
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Falcao to Chelsea.... Part of me feels this is just 'the special one' being abit of a twat and wanting to get more out of Falcao than man united did just to feed his own ego.
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

Brader wrote:Falcao to Chelsea.... Part of me feels this is just 'the special one' being abit of a twat and wanting to get more out of Falcao than man united did just to feed his own ego.

tbh a mosquito could get more out of falcao then what man united could. Hes a great great player, and sure will be a big asset to chelsea.
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

not a bad move for chelsea Coast and Falcao know each other, i think the attacking flair of chelsea will get alot more out of falcao than LVG did.

at Man United it was all abit lob sided way to many goal scorers on the pitch and not enough creativity.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
MeeTa
Manager
Manager
Twitter: @EirikOstrem

Post by MeeTa »

hibbi86 wrote:not a bad move for chelsea Coast and Falcao know each other, i think the attacking flair of chelsea will get alot more out of falcao than LVG did.

at Man United it was all abit lob sided way to many goal scorers on the pitch and not enough creativity.

Indeed, 41 goals in 51 games for Porto and 52 in 67 for Atletico. The guy is a goal scoring machine
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

Brader wrote:Falcao to Chelsea.... Part of me feels this is just 'the special one' being abit of a twat and wanting to get more out of Falcao than man united did just to feed his own ego.

I think he saw a guy that needed a year to get used to English football and he will score a bucket load next season.

plus he is a twat.............
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Micah Richards to Villa on a free. Always thought it was strange he got so little game time at City as he seemed decent to me, and they're always wanting more English players to make up the numbers for Europe... Maybe he has attitude problems?

Only 26 too, and probably a good addition for Villa.
theleedsmango
First Team
First Team

Post by theleedsmango »

Genghers wrote:Micah Richards to Villa on a free. Always thought it was strange he got so little game time at City as he seemed decent to me, and they're always wanting more English players to make up the numbers for Europe... Maybe he has attitude problems?

Only 26 too, and probably a good addition for Villa.
With Sinclair, Milner and Richards all moving on this summer, doesn't that leave Hart as the only British player? Can see why they are trying to get Sterling and Wilshere. I think Sterling will end up there, but Wilshere I'm not sure about, he seems like he'll be loyal to Arsenal.
"Please understand that the theory that every Leeds discussion converges to a finite, but uninformed, debate on the Chairman is one we must all question and actively counter" - Stephen Hawkings
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

True, he was a goal scoring machine, but remember it was a pretty serious knee injury that put him out of his game at monaco. Some players just dont recover after that. I hope im wrong because i like him as a player.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

theleedsmango wrote:With Sinclair, Milner and Richards all moving on this summer, doesn't that leave Hart as the only British player? Can see why they are trying to get Sterling and Wilshere. I think Sterling will end up there, but Wilshere I'm not sure about, he seems like he'll be loyal to Arsenal.
Looks like it! Unless they have some amazing English youth players coming through (unlikely) then they're definitely going to have to pluck a couple of home-growns from somewhere.

Yeah, Sterling will almost certainly end up there if not abroad. Could see Wilshire leaving Arsenal to be honest, seems like the sort who'd leave to chase trophies. Can imagine City going after Delph next, then probably a couple from Southampton. Sad state of things when there's such a dearth of English talent in one of the top teams in the PL.

At least Scum, Arsenal and Chelsea have a decent smattering throughout their squads.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

As far as im aware they still have 3 'homegrown' players and the quota is 8. Not seen the wilshere link but i knew they were after delph and Barkley.

Hart, Wright and clichy (i believe clichy has been in the UK for 3 years before his 21st birthday)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Ben Pringle who looks a decent player in the couple of times i've seen him has gone to Fulham on a free from Rotherham.

The Cottagers have also signed Andy Lonergan on a free too
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Manchester United are interested in Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos and Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

1964white wrote:Manchester United are interested in Real Madrid defender Sergio Ramos and Bayern Munich midfielder Bastian Schweinsteiger.
After all the whinging Scummers did about Chelsea/City spending big, I find it hilarious that they're now reportedly going to splash £150m on players this summer after spending more than that last season...

Also linked with Cillessen from Ajax (presumably a replacement for De Gea) and Benzema. Hope all the spending the top teams are doing doesn't leave the likes of Southampton behind as they have the sort of transfer/youth policy which I think should be encouraged.

Obviously financial fair play failed, but they need to think of a way to stop this ridiculousness...
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

I read an interesting article today about Depay, in that southampton tried to sign him up last season, however he wanted one last season with PSV, and afew of southamptons scouts were put off by his attitude, i cant rememeber the exact quote but he was swearing at fans and fellow players and basically his attitude stank.

I expect the ramos/benzema links will be them trying to test just how much madrid want de gea or trying to put them off altogether. Interesting though.

Liverpool today linked with Rondon/bacca/and Firmino .......... cant say much about bacca as ive not seen him play, But the either of the other two would be excellent signings.