When will Hockaday be sacked?

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
wiilko
Ballboy
Ballboy

Re: When will Hockaday be sacked?

Post by wiilko »

I don't understand this Hockaday criticism. I've endured the 'football' under Blackwell, Grayson, Warnock & McDermott and I'm sick of forking out money to watch a bunch of overpaid so called footballers who never should have been signed for our famous club.

McDermott was overpaid and cost the club millions in transfer and loan fees and he will always be remembered for signing the worst two wingers in the PL in Stewart & Kebe. I never thought that anyone could do worse than Warnock but McD managed that and still managed to gain favour with supporters by saying all the right words.

At the end of last season I had given up all hope of us ever being successful again.

We've had low periods in the 50s, early 60s & 80s but nothing like today.

Bates gave the club no hope by selling any quality players in his pursuit of building corporative facilities.

I really don't understand this fixation with managers. Any manager would be successful with quality players.

Revie, Shankly, Busby all needed quality players. Without them, they would never have been successful

Hockaday will live or die by the quality of players that Cellino signs

I've renewed my ST because Cellino gives us hope. It may be false hope but had GHF and McDermott still been there then I would not have renewed.
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by CardiffWhite »

For me, I can't help but frame Hockaday's appointment in the context of Cellino getting through 36 coaches in 22 years. That is about 5 months per coach over the course of a season. That's what he does so Hockaday isn't going to last. There's obviously no long-term thinking regarding coaches. Cellino appears to have a track record of appointing the wrong person. Where's the continuity? What effect is that going to have on the players? It looks like Ross has already delivered his verdict.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

wiilko wrote:I don't understand this Hockaday criticism. I've endured the 'football' under Blackwell, Grayson, Warnock & McDermott and I'm sick of forking out money to watch a bunch of overpaid so called footballers who never should have been signed for our famous club.

McDermott was overpaid and cost the club millions in transfer and loan fees and he will always be remembered for signing the worst two wingers in the PL in Stewart & Kebe. I never thought that anyone could do worse than Warnock but McD managed that and still managed to gain favour with supporters by saying all the right words.

At the end of last season I had given up all hope of us ever being successful again.

We've had low periods in the 50s, early 60s & 80s but nothing like today.

Bates gave the club no hope by selling any quality players in his pursuit of building corporative facilities.

I really don't understand this fixation with managers. Any manager would be successful with quality players.

Revie, Shankly, Busby all needed quality players. Without them, they would never have been successful

Hockaday will live or die by the quality of players that Cellino signs

I've renewed my ST because Cellino gives us hope. It may be false hope but had GHF and McDermott still been there then I would not have renewed.
Now now Wiilko don't be critising the fans favourite Brian McDermott :wink: he was as bad as Warnock who got crucified by the egg lovers. Two of the worst seasons in LUFC history produced by two of our most feeble managers of all-time !

Us old-timers know the score :P
ldsutd
First Team
First Team

Post by ldsutd »

I have to agree but for me last season was the worst regarding lack lustre performances and inept tactics that i had seen in over 25 years and that's saying something the players was woeful it was cringe worthy at times.
I just want to see a Leeds team that's willing to fight to the final whistle even if we are two down i want to see a team that's willing to kill there grandma for 3 points like the Leeds we all love come on El President and Hock give the fans something to be proud of again.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

CardiffWhite wrote:For me, I can't help but frame Hockaday's appointment in the context of Cellino getting through 36 coaches in 22 years. That is about 5 months per coach over the course of a season. That's what he does so Hockaday isn't going to last. There's obviously no long-term thinking regarding coaches. Cellino appears to have a track record of appointing the wrong person. Where's the continuity? What effect is that going to have on the players? It looks like Ross has already delivered his verdict.
That's what concerns me; if we are to remain a club in turmoil no decent players will come here.

Maybe Hockaday is the new Mourinho and has somehow managed to get to the age of 56 without anyone noticing it. Or maybe he is just another on the conveyor belt of substandard coaches that Cellino appoints.

We will see fairly soon
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

more likely to be the latter
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Guildford White wrote:
That's what concerns me; if we are to remain a club in turmoil no decent players will come here.

Maybe Hockaday is the new Mourinho and has somehow managed to get to the age of 56 without anyone noticing it. Or maybe he is just another on the conveyor belt of substandard coaches that Cellino appoints.

We will see fairly soon
As opposed to picking a manager from the merry go round of failed managers that most teams appoint? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

This is just about the most half-hearted endorsement I have ever read, even less enthusiastic than several job references. Peter Taylor backs Hockaday
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

I think my original estimate of 22 Oct may have been too generous to Hockaday.
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

i think he will make it till next year!
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

I wouldn't be surprised to see Carbone in the dug-out come millwall, with Hockaday reduced to handing out the water bottles. I put little stock by friendly results but, from what Phil Hay tweeted last night, there was lots of running about with no direction or purpose. This does not bode well. Aligned with hockaday thinking we played well bar two individual errors, I can see a long and difficult season ahead whilst this tube is in charge of coaching
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

To be fair to him, Mansfield are a League 2 club - and by far the biggest club he has ever had to face as a coach.

Anyway, I see that LUTV have been listening to Condem politicians.

"..... hard working people....... dealing with the situation we inherited from the previous regime"

mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

hope he is not sacked, because that will mean he is successful.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Martyn »

Pardon?
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

lufc1304 wrote:I wouldn't be surprised to see Carbone in the dug-out come millwall, with Hockaday reduced to handing out the water bottles. I put little stock by friendly results but, from what Phil Hay tweeted last night, there was lots of running about with no direction or purpose. This does not bode well. Aligned with hockaday thinking we played well bar two individual errors, I can see a long and difficult season ahead whilst this tube is in charge of coaching
That has been the usual modus-operandi of the club for the last decade plus. :wink:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

You can get 3/1 on him been sacked after the Millwall game happy days.
Ronan
Manager
Manager

Post by Ronan »

lufc1304 wrote: This does not bode well. I can see a long and difficult season ahead whilst this tube is in charge of coaching
tube – idiot “don’t be such a tube!”

He's doomed....the Ulster Way :wink: :wink:
Most plagiarists, like the drone, have neither taste to select, industry to acquire, nor skill to improve, but impudently pilfer the honey ready prepared, from the hive......
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

He needs sacking NOW! Just heard that Walters (who was started against Guiseley, despite having a knee injury), will now have to have a cartilage op....so that's his season screwed. :(
Why did hockaday start an injured player? Because he is a complete oaf and obviously not fit to be a coach. :evil:
Crude
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Crude »

Twiggster wrote:He needs sacking NOW! Just heard that Walters (who was started against Guiseley, despite having a knee injury), will now have to have a cartilage op....so that's his season screwed. :(
Why did hockaday start an injured player? Because he is a complete oaf and obviously not fit to be a coach. :evil:
Walters could've hide the injury so to get into the side, like that has never happened before. :roll:
RIP Twiggster, March 5, 2023

Chris & Kevin | Never Forgotten | April 5, 2000

Gary Andrew Speed, MBE — Always In Our Hearts, 1969-2011
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Twiggster wrote:He needs sacking NOW! Just heard that Walters (who was started against Guiseley, despite having a knee injury), will now have to have a cartilage op....so that's his season screwed. :(
Nobody ever mentioned his injury before the game, nobody said he was carrying a knock, so where have you got this info from?

As Crude says, players sometimes hide injuries (though not as often as they feign them!). Injuries happen. At least he didn't play him vs. Mansfield, that really would have been stupid.

I doubt Walters would have been part of the first team set up at any rate, hopefully he'll be mended up as soon as possible though.