Take a bow ZALIUKAS

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CSA
First Team
First Team

Take a bow ZALIUKAS

Post by CSA »

Without any doubt whatsoever the worst performance from a CB I have seen in an LUFC shirt...
Don't get me started on Austin...
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Take a bow ZALIUKAS

Post by 1964white »

CSA wrote:Without any doubt whatsoever the worst performance from a CB I have seen in an LUFC shirt...
Dreadful indeed after five or six MOTM performances.....i'd give Z another chance next week

Austin is a lost cause & is culpable for much of our midfield problems
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

CSA wrote:Without any doubt whatsoever the worst performance from a CB I have seen in an LUFC shirt...
Did you never see Roque Junior?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

But you`ll find that he also has a world cup medal.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

paddy parrott wrote:But you`ll find that he also has a world cup medal.
So what? He was even worse than Z today, every match
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

The old saying says so your only as good or bad as the player`s you`ve got around you.
And he put two past a rampaging man utd cause i saw him do it!
CSA
First Team
First Team

Post by CSA »

Guildford White wrote:
Did you never see Roque Junior?
At least 3 goals down to him today ...
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Wow, was he that bad.
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

Yeah can see that he was awful but so was everyone .Personally i dont` rate our system and think we`d need four at the back to keep it tight.Midfield any three could do at the moment all you really want is two at least to be very good ball passers and a solid worker.Uptop one or two strikers and one goal poacher .striker one to at the very least be able to control and of course pass well but particuraly hold on to the damn thing.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

TEN in defence won't help, if they can't communicate or even have the fekkin ability to pick up attacking players.
Bring in 5 defenders who never trained or played together before and they will do better than those tossers today did. :x
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I`m going to reserve judgement until we meet Leicester next weekend. That`s on manager so far and team that will play this game.Promotion or bust for them this season and a good yardstick for us.We could have beaten leicester this season after today not to sure but that games gone.If we don`t improve the basics in pass and move we`ll lose .
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

paddy parrott wrote: we`ll lose .
Yup.
Hearts
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Hearts »

I seen goals from 1st half and watched most of second half, Zali had one of those games when nothing went right for him or for anyone in a Leeds shirt for that matter. What i will say though is that your midfield left the defence exposed for the majority of the match and Wednesday must have felt all their Christmases had come at once. Why your manager never changed anything formation wise is beyond me (sending off apart). As for Zali as someone else said he is only as good as those around him, and confidence will go if everyone is having a bad game. Heard people say he has been your M of M in a few matches, and was consistently good in Scotland, also he had Luis Suarez in his back pocket at Anfield in the Europa League match last season for Hearts.

You guys will come good again, just a form dip that every club goes thru. Although it may take a few games as you face a top Leicester team in the next match, this is one where Mcdermott cannot leave the defence exposed.

Anyway top support from you boys even when five down yesterday, could clearly hear you outsing the Wednesday Boy Band. :tup:
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

That's right, a shitty result and we jump on the back of the best performing player in recent weeks.

Let's get a grip.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Shields53 wrote:That's right, a shitty result and we jump on the back of the best performing player in recent weeks.

Let's get a grip.
This :tup:

Had a horror show yesterday, but I'd make him captain over that waste of space Austin
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Shields53 wrote:That's right, a shitty result and we jump on the back of the best performing player in recent weeks.

Let's get a grip.
yes this...as fans we must be able to identify quality and class over form...Again this is not a player issue but a manager one...BMC must improve...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Hearts wrote:I seen goals from 1st half and watched most of second half, Zali had one of those games when nothing went right for him or for anyone in a Leeds shirt for that matter. What i will say though is that your midfield left the defence exposed for the majority of the match and Wednesday must have felt all their Christmases had come at once. Why your manager never changed anything formation wise is beyond me (sending off apart). As for Zali as someone else said he is only as good as those around him, and confidence will go if everyone is having a bad game. Heard people say he has been your M of M in a few matches, and was consistently good in Scotland, also he had Luis Suarez in his back pocket at Anfield in the Europa League match last season for Hearts.

You guys will come good again, just a form dip that every club goes thru. Although it may take a few games as you face a top Leicester team in the next match, this is one where Mcdermott cannot leave the defence exposed.

Anyway top support from you boys even when five down yesterday, could clearly hear you outsing the Wednesday Boy Band. :tup:
Thanks & spot on Hearts :tup:

Our midfield is as open as the Red Sea leaving our defenders totally exposed

Correct on Zaliukas he has been MOTM on 5 occasions out of the 10 games he's played for Leeds

Football fans in general are erratic with there knee-jerk reactions & comments.....i'm pretty certain Z will have a big part to play in LUFC's future
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Let's get a grip.
Well said Shieldsy

Z has saved us from quite a few humiliations & our fans are jumping on his back after a couple of bad games.....unbelievable !
1964white

Post by 1964white »

faaip wrote:
yes this...as fans we must be able to identify quality and class over form...Again this is not a player issue but a manager one...BMC must improve...
Exactly Faaip he is making far too many errors from game to game for my liking, needs to make some tough decisions if he wishes to be a successful manager at Leeds. Time will tell !
paddy parrott
Manager
Manager

Post by paddy parrott »

I hope so to 1964 but cant say that about too many others.A good old cliche as they say " we are where we are" and every player and staff included needs to stick at this.Can anyone really expect BmcD to get the chop at this stage its` crazy and a time for some cool. Monday is upon us and Leeds United needs many things can money put it alright? of course not it helps but it really is down to a still recent new ,and young manager.lets` keep some perspective and let things hopefully turn out right.