Leeds v Brighton - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
ldj90
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @LiamJarman1

Re: Leeds v Brighton - Team/Reports/Ratings....

Post by ldj90 »

Unfortunately I couldn't go to the game, I was in Dublin for the weekend but I had my brother updating me and managed to catch the goals on sky sports in one of the pubs!

Brilliant result against a good team. If we can add one or two more with Byram, Austin and Diouf coming back into the squad I think we will be fairly competitive.

Great to read people's reports from the game and the general feeling of positivity around the place is encouraging. Maybe the 'past is the past' marketing is a bit OTT but surely it's got to be a refreshing change from the relationship with Bates! I think they're really buying into the whole one team philosophy, which is excellent. We look like a solid unit from top to bottom, with everyone wanting the same thing. I'm really looking forward to the rest of this season!

Onwards and upwards! MOT
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Very cheesy - however - due to bates recent sacking.... It makes me chuckle everytime of the thought of a bright red angry bates swearing obscenities at a giant roadside advert of the "past is the past" poster.
Genghers
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Genghers »

Brader wrote:Very cheesy - however - due to bates recent sacking.... It makes me chuckle everytime of the thought of a bright red angry bates swearing obscenities at a giant roadside advert of the "past is the past" poster.
Don't think our marketing arm reaches out to Monaco though :wink:
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Genghers wrote: Don't think our marketing arm reaches out to Monaco though :wink:

Could we get a banner to tie to the back of a private jet?
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
hibbi86
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @Hibbi86

Post by hibbi86 »

ldj90 wrote: Brilliant result against a good team. If we can add one or two more with Byram, Austin and Diouf coming back into the squad I think we will be fairly competitive.
Personally think Diouf is surplus to requirments and we should look to ship him out, his position in my eyes is being filled by the following players

Varney, Ross, Poleon, Hunt, White

Diouf doesnt offer pace or work rate yes hes got abit of class to him when he wants to use it but in my eyes his negitives outway his positives and i wouldnt select over any of the 5 mentioned above.
Forever and ever we shall follow are team, because we're Leeds United we rule supreme!
ldj90
Subs Bench
Subs Bench
Twitter: @LiamJarman1

Post by ldj90 »

hibbi86 wrote:
Personally think Diouf is surplus to requirments and we should look to ship him out, his position in my eyes is being filled by the following players

Varney, Ross, Poleon, Hunt, White

Diouf doesnt offer pace or work rate yes hes got abit of class to him when he wants to use it but in my eyes his negitives outway his positives and i wouldnt select over any of the 5 mentioned above.
That is a fair point but he does have the ability to dictate games. I would select him over white any day of the week but I would probably agree that the rest would get in ahead of him. If we could get rid and that would allow us to bring in another quality player then I would happily swap him out :tup:
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Genghers wrote: Don't think our marketing arm reaches out to Monaco though :wink:

hes probably still sat in duty free at leeds bradford about now.
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

1964white wrote:
Agree Tonge did have a very good first half & Peltier wasn't as bad as a some are claiming, both rated 7/10 for me

And your Man of the Match Durly ???
Far too late now but, for what it's worth, I would have just given it to Murphy. Wouldn't have made a difference to the final voting outcome though.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote:
Far too late now but, for what it's worth, I would have just given it to Murphy. Wouldn't have made a difference to the final voting outcome though.
And your MOTM for the Foxes clash if you watched it on the telly Durly ??
white.riot

Post by white.riot »

Dyer :wink:
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

1964white wrote:
And your MOTM for the Foxes clash if you watched it on the telly Durly ??
Missed it mate. Stuck in traffic on the A303. I gather it's a bit of a one horse race though. :-D
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Durly wrote:
Missed it mate. Stuck in traffic on the A303. I gather it's a bit of a one horse race though. :-D
Certainly was mate
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Durly wrote:

stonehenge?....we spent about half an hour stuck there on the way down to Devon a few weeks ago...I love the 303 though generally. Did you ever see that BBC4 programme think it was "Highway to the Sun" ?
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Durly
First Team
First Team

Post by Durly »

faaip wrote:

stonehenge?....we spent about half an hour stuck there on the way down to Devon a few weeks ago...I love the 303 though generally. Did you ever see that BBC4 programme think it was "Highway to the Sun" ?
Yes mate. Approaching the Stonehenge roundabout going back North towards the M3. Sat there for about an hour not moving. Fortunately, when we got the chance, we went "off piste" as we've done that drive dozens of times, so know the short cuts to cut out the traffic. Cutting through Shrewton, Chale, Larkhill etc and then getting back on the 303 further up.
We live in West London but most of my family are in North Devon so we go down quite regularly. We also moved down there for a couple of years 2010-2012 but couldn't secure any work in the area so we're back in the smoke now. Prefer the 303 to M4 & M5 as a rule, so usually go that way, even though it can be painful when going down from 2 lanes to 1.

Yeah, the BBC Four programme on the road was really good. Watched it a year or two ago when it was first on and then watched again when it was repeated recently. Great viewing.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Durly wrote:
Yes mate. Approaching the Stonehenge roundabout going back North towards the M3. Sat there for about an hour not moving. Fortunately, when we got the chance, we went "off piste" as we've done that drive dozens of times, so know the short cuts to cut out the traffic. Cutting through Shrewton, Chale, Larkhill etc and then getting back on the 303 further up.
We live in West London but most of my family are in North Devon so we go down quite regularly. We also moved down there for a couple of years 2010-2012 but couldn't secure any work in the area so we're back in the smoke now. Prefer the 303 to M4 & M5 as a rule, so usually go that way, even though it can be painful when going down from 2 lanes to 1.

Yeah, the BBC Four programme on the road was really good. Watched it a year or two ago when it was first on and then watched again when it was repeated recently. Great viewing.

M4 has to be the worst road in Britain...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"