Oh dear....booing at the Bescott Stadium

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Oh dear....booing at the Bescott Stadium

Post by 1964white »

Booing at the end of the game from our fans after a very lacklustre disappointing performance

McDermott unhappy "didn't see that one coming - certainly concerned after that performance"

McD needs time & support !
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Oh dear....booing at the Bescott Stadium

Post by Emsley »

rightly so.
Kept in check second half by second string and youth team players at walsall.
GFH are f**king odd, take over a sleeping Giant with f**k all money, well not like we asked for the world but we only got one player.
Brian has been conned.

If not for Paddy Kenny we would of got tubbed.
Ps: So you all know Brian will get full backing from me. :tup:
WE''RE LEEDS UNITED, WE''LL NEVER BE DEFEATED!

Paul Green was warnobs best signing.
If you disagree please send me a PM so we can get in to a fight.
gessa

Post by gessa »

Hopefully just a blip, a few were getting carried away with a few young signings although a step in the right direction, it's obvious more is needed, a quality passing midfielder in the gary mac mould is a must for me
perhaps a kick up the backside will do a few the world of good.
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Been kicking this lot up the ass for past two years.

gessa

Post by gessa »

Emsley wrote:Been kicking this lot up the ass for past two years.

Time for the hob nails
eastyorkshirewhite
First Team
First Team

Post by eastyorkshirewhite »

Did not go to this one but two of the people i go to away games went,they phoned me after game and said we were dire no improvement on last season on this showing.The worrying thing is when McDermott says he will have to sell to buy things not looking to good at the moment.
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Even the best manager in the world can't polish turds.....
Emsley
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Emsley »

Twiggster wrote:Even the best manager in the world can't polish turds.....
Wouldnt let egg stoop so low. :P

Toby
First Team
First Team

Post by Toby »

If Brian's concerned in pre-season you know something's wrong. GFH normally do something when the fans start getting angry. More money loans to get another player probably.
ash
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by ash »

In the main, the same squad as last year. Why would anyone expect a huge change in performances? Bates bled us dry and GFH don't appear to have money to invest. I wont be booing and I don't expect a quick fix to a club that has been abused for too many years.
The original TWAT. The one and only real TWAT.
becchio bear
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @Becchiobear

Post by becchio bear »

Toby wrote:If Brian's concerned in pre-season you know something's wrong. GFH normally do something when the fans start getting angry. More money loans to get another player probably.
Do tell? :bear:
I'm going back to 505, I saw them at Sheffield and they were amazing.
joelufc20
First Team
First Team

Post by joelufc20 »

We are lacking that bit of magic same old same old
REST IN PEACE GARY SPEED LEEDS UNITED LEGEND

[url}http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/gallery ... n-pictures[/url]
leedsmad
First Team
First Team

Post by leedsmad »

Thought I was looking forward to the season, maybe I'm not. Same old baloney, can't even beat Walsall that are in what division . You can't blame the Manager his hands are tied.
Won't be waking up at 2am till the sleeping giant is woken
markolufc
First Team
First Team

Post by markolufc »

That was a young side we had out today, yet they were lacking energy?

Not sure what's wrong but I hope it gets sorted, fast. Someone in the squad sapping morale?
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

markolufc wrote:That was a young side we had out today, yet they were lacking energy?

Not sure what's wrong but I hope it gets sorted, fast. Someone in the squad sapping morale?
Sullivan rumoured to be splitting the squad in lackwell camp. He's back.... :sing:
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

Very good post from another LUFC place tonight:

peltier good player my arse, we are now playing pugh who was and is dogshite, the bench today totally shocking, i really thought i would never see the likes of brown norris white tonge ever wear the shirt again, we've renewed our season tickets again but, like those who turned up today i will voice my opinion these players who aren't good enough. looks like bmcd has been stitched up, then again if he had 1 million to spend why would you spend your budget on one player. Can't ever remember team been booed pre season, manager worried as well, gfh tossers spill the beans Brian where's the goodwill gone

I can't disagree... :evil:
wiilko
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by wiilko »

What surprises me is that anyone is surprised by the pre season results. No manager in the world can win things without good players. So far we have brought in two players from Div 1 and a striker (Hunt) who has a worse goal scoring record than Morison (who I am sure Mac would have liked to keep )

We are left with a leaky CD, a midfield with ageing legs, no width & no natural goalscorers.
It as amused me to read the posts about how McDermott is the second coming etc. It is now clear that GFH have no money to invest in the squad (thanks mainly to Bates' wasting the majority of our ST money to his mania of rebuilding) Mac, like every football manager can only succeed with good players

However, for the first time in years we can see a future for the club.

1. We are rid of the cancer of Bates
2. We have owners who want to invest in the squad & connect with fans
3. We have a manager who seems to understand the situation at the club & wants to play football rather than hoofball.

IMO The greatest happenings in our history were the emergence of King John Charles and Don Revie. The worst time in my lifetime (59 years of following United) has been the Bates regime. Worse than relegation in 1961 & the Ridsale fiasco.

Under Bates we have been out of the top tier for the longest period in our history. On top of that Bates managed to get us relegated to the third tier of the Football League for the first time in our history.

Promotion next year is perhaps too much to ask but I comfort myself with the thought that my ST cost will no longer be spent on Bates' ridiculous musuem & restaraunts.

Some of us have seen the low times of the early sixties & the eighties. However, I cannot recall a time when any money available was spent on new buildings other than the John Charles transfer money which built the present West stand which was destroyed by fire and was uninsured.

Bates managed to use any money available to pursue his 'dream' of building hotels etc.

Am I confident for the next season? Yes.

The current squad is about mid table quality. However, we now are rid of Bates so we start again. We are now a club who can attract sponsorship. We have owners who understand the need to invest in the squad in order to create a club with a sell on profit.

To take a leaf from the 'Wizard of Oz' 'Hey Ho the wicked witch (Bates) is dead (Not Literallyof course).
Twiggster
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Twiggster »

wiilko wrote: However, we now are rid of Bates so we start again. We are now a club who can attract sponsorship. We have owners who understand the need to invest in the squad in order to create a club with a sell on profit.
To take a leaf from the 'Wizard of Oz' 'Hey Ho the wicked witch (Bates) is dead (Not Literallyof course).
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: You WISH!!!
drsdadsotherson
First Team
First Team

Post by drsdadsotherson »

Twiggster wrote:
:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: You WISH!!!
Yet another superbly thought out Bates rebuttal based on evidence and verifiable fact...

I'll leave the rolly-eyes emoticon to your imagination. :D
Charity Shield 69
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Charity Shield 69 »

Disappointing to hear of the ordinary performance at Walsall.
Were there any signs of the team adopting the passing game espoused by the Manager?
Any specific feedback on individual players?
Was Austin involved?

Cheers,
CS69
Cheers,
CS69