Snodgrass

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
joluafc4eva

Re: Snodgrass

Post by joluafc4eva »

Shame we cant make Bates captain
Tiny
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Tiny »

he can pissoff if was the boss,i cant be doing with greedy gets who think they are better than they think they are,when actualy there not.
Snodgrass aint that good,not unless i was watching the wrong player last year,he got cocky and lazy to be blunt about it.
Rant over.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

barryanorak wrote:He won't go unless he wants to go.

He stated an interest in moving to Norwich in May.

He has rejected a new contract.

How does that reflect upon Leeds?
I suppose the question is, Barry, why does he want to go? Yes, Norwich are in the Prem whilst we aren't, but the smart money seems to be on them struggling this season :duno: Does Snoddy know something we don't in terms of our ability to compete/challenge? Does he think we're not good enough and he'd be wasting another year?

Looking at the bigger picture, it's our continuing inablity to retain our better players that reflects badly on the club. Look at the side we'd have if Beckford, BJ, Gradel,, Howson, Snoddy(tbc) and even Kilkenny had been retained. That lot gone for little or no money suggests something ain't right :?:
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
joluafc4eva

Post by joluafc4eva »

Tiny wrote:he can pissoff if was the boss,i cant be doing with greedy gets who think they are better than they think they are,when actualy there not.
Snodgrass aint that good,not unless i was watching the wrong player last year,he got cocky and lazy to be blunt about it.
Rant over.
He probably just didnt bother to play to his full potential cos he knew he was gonna leave anyway.
barryanorak
Manager
Manager

Post by barryanorak »

lufc1304 wrote:
I suppose the question is, Barry, why does he want to go? Yes, Norwich are in the Prem whilst we aren't, but the smart money seems to be on them struggling this season :duno: Does Snoddy know something we don't in terms of our ability to compete/challenge? Does he think we're not good enough and he'd be wasting another year?

Looking at the bigger picture, it's our continuing inablity to retain our better players that reflects badly on the club. Look at the side we'd have if Beckford, BJ, Gradel,, Howson, Snoddy(tbc) and even Kilkenny had been retained. That lot gone for little or no money suggests something ain't right :?:

The simple fact of the matter is that, on premiership income, they can pay more.

He wants away, what can you do.

If he performed at 100% for 46 games a season then it'ld be a real loss. But for someone wh is so inconsistent, it'ld be much better to get someone who can put in 80% or more week in week out. Who wants to stay and wants to play.
Music so wishes to be heard that it sometimes calls on unlikely characters to give it voice...

Tiny
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Tiny »

joluafc4eva wrote: He probably just didnt bother to play to his full potential cos he knew he was gonna leave anyway.
I have got to agree with you on that 1.Also who in the right mind would do a job for less money (Greed) is a big factor in football,we all know that unless they have the passion and desire to stick it out when things get a bit rough.
CardiffWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by CardiffWhite »

Very disappointing, but if he's putting a year of money over putting his name in the footballing history books then that's his loss and I one I think he'll regret. Well, that's another £2 million'ish in the war-chest.
Tiny
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Tiny »

by @SkySportsChrisB 11:10 AM
Here's the full story on Robert Snodgrass heading for talks with Norwich after a bid was accepted by Leeds United.
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

barryanorak wrote:

The simple fact of the matter is that, on premiership income, they can pay more.

He wants away, what can you do.

If he performed at 100% for 46 games a season then it'ld be a real loss. But for someone wh is so inconsistent, it'ld be much better to get someone who can put in 80% or more week in week out. Who wants to stay and wants to play.
I agree with everything you say mate; as I said elsewhere on here, i'll take 7 out of 10 most weeks over 9 one week, 4 the next.

For me, it's just disappointing that, whether it's ambition/resources/bates/whatever, we can't retain our better players and build decent sides round them
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson
HarryofOz
Superstar
Superstar

Post by HarryofOz »

lufc1304 wrote:
I agree with everything you say mate; as I said elsewhere on here, i'll take 7 out of 10 most weeks over 9 one week, 4 the next.

For me, it's just disappointing that, whether it's ambition/resources/bates/whatever, we can't retain our better players and build decent sides round them
And how many 4 out of 10 performances did Snoddy give?
Un Marcelo Bielsa, solo hay un Marcelo Bielsa. Gracias Marcello. Marsching on together.
CornishLUFC
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by CornishLUFC »

And this is why Neil drove snoddy back in his car after the training yesterday.
Gone but never forgotten, Gary Speed you will be missed.

Your Leeds and you know you are :)
mav
First Team
First Team

Post by mav »

talk him down all you like, the simple fact is we are losing another first team player.

If I was a player and a club accepted a bid for me? it would tell me the club didn't want me so much. Warnock will spend the cash on getting more average journeymen.

Next season is looking to be terrible, no stand out players, no one to do anything special, dour stuff.
Every game I predict a 3 - 1 Leeds win, I am traditional like that.
Martyn
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @MartynStead

Post by Martyn »

Tiny wrote:he can pissoff if was the boss,i cant be doing with greedy gets who think they are better than they think they are,when actualy there not.
Rant over.

Hooray, a metaphysical post.

If someone thinks they are better than they think they are, how good (a) are they and (b) do they think they are?

:wink:
Bates, GFH, Cellino: Same s**t, different arseholes.
Tiny
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Tiny »

oh well we will just have to wait and see.
Lets hope we do get a good deal for him so that we can at least either replace him with a better and more passionate player.
Brader
First Team
First Team

Post by Brader »

Upsetting. But i think 2.5/3 for a player in the last year of a contract they blatently wont be signing is good. In my own honest opinion i think rogers could be a much better player in snodgrasses right wing.

Hoping this will be spent on Maynard or beckford, i know warnock said this morning a bid hasnt been made for maynard but refused to rule out his interest. Hes a striker i really rate, wasted at west ham in their rotation of strikers.
billie1
First Team
First Team

Post by billie1 »

No club has the power to hold onto their best players should they wish to go . Arsenal lost Nasri to warm citeh's bench and Fabrigas . No doubt RVP will leave as well . They'll have lost 2 captains in 12 months . Moderic will probably leave Spurs . He's been trying to for a year ! Ronaldo left for Real Madrid . Players simply aren't loyal no matter how much badge kissing and rubbish they may spout in the media . £3m for Snoddy ? Take it !!! It's a decent amount for him . Can't help thinking that this year Norwich minus Paul Lambert will end up going down . Houghton is okay but not a patch on his predecessor as Norwich will probably find out . Snoddy will end up back where he started . For all that I'm sorry to see him go if that's what ends up happening .
lufc4ever_
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by lufc4ever_ »

billie1 wrote:No club has the power to hold onto their best players should they wish to go . Arsenal lost Nasri to warm citeh's bench and Fabrigas . No doubt RVP will leave as well . They'll have lost 2 captains in 12 months . Moderic will probably leave Spurs . He's been trying to for a year ! Ronaldo left for Real Madrid . Players simply aren't loyal no matter how much badge kissing and rubbish they may spout in the media . £3m for Snoddy ? Take it !!! It's a decent amount for him . Can't help thinking that this year Norwich minus Paul Lambert will end up going down . Houghton is okay but not a patch on his predecessor as Norwich will probably find out . Snoddy will end up back where he started . For all that I'm sorry to see him go if that's what ends up happening .
Spot on. :tup:
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Fully agree with Billie. Straightforward these days that if a player is in the last year of the contract, and not going to sign a new one, the club knows the value is dwindling daily. I'd love him to stay and us make further quality signings but if he goes and the replacements get us promoted then they'll be the heroes.

Even if he goes to Norwich and they get relegated Snoddy will still be in a better position as he will have played in the premiership and barring him being awful all season then another club would snap him up and probably it would be a bigger club than Norwich.
herefordbornleedsboy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by herefordbornleedsboy »

Just confirmed on O/S that snoddy is in exit talks goodbye and good riddance... If you dont wanna play for.Leeds then f**k ya mate.. Sorry if this seems a bit harsh but I for one am sick of greedy players thinking they are bigger than the club.... He got.offered a top rate contract, the club captaincy and the chance to be a Leeds hero... If.he wants to.go.and play for some two bit small time football club because of a bigger money offer then let him we will replace him with better faster hungrier players who want to play for Leeds
Tiny
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Tiny »

herefordbornleedsboy wrote:Just confirmed on O/S that snoddy is in exit talks goodbye and good riddance... If you dont wanna play for.Leeds then f**k ya mate.. Sorry if this seems a bit harsh but I for one am sick of greedy players thinking they are bigger than the club.... He got.offered a top rate contract, the club captaincy and the chance to be a Leeds hero... If.he wants to.go.and play for some two bit small time football club because of a bigger money offer then let him we will replace him with better faster hungrier players who want to play for Leeds
Exactly mate,thats what i put too :tup: