predictions of where we will finish next season

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
60sUnited
First Team
First Team

Re: predictions of where we will finish next season

Post by 60sUnited »

As we are completely ill prepared for what will be a tough league I can't see us finishing any higher than mid table....perhaps worryingly lower :(
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

whiteinfrance wrote: Mon Jun 26, 2023 6:15 pm We'll need to bring in more than 3 players. More like 7 or 8 to cope with a 46 game season :duno:

We can't just be relying on the youngsters
we have 9 or more players coming back from loan, a number of these are not youngsters. Have you seen are total squad
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

As i said earlier we will finish 1st. We need to bring in a number 9, midfielder and left back. Even taking into account a number of players leave our squad is strong at this level

GOALKEEPERS

Illan Meslier
Kristoffer Klaesson
Dani Van Den Heuvel - U18
Harry Christy - U18
Will Brook Darryl Ombang - U16

DEFENDERS
Rasmus Kristensen
Junior Firpo
Luke Ayling
Harvey Sutcliffe -
Liam Cooper
Robin Koch
Pascal Struijk
Diogo Monteiro -
Cody Drameh
Cuba Cline - U18
Leo Hjelde -
Kris Moore - U18
James Debayo - U18
Jeremiah Mullen - U18
Charlie Cresswell -
Max Wober -

MIDFIELDERS
Adam Forshaw
Stuart Dallas
Jamie Shackleton -
Sean McGurk - U23
Lewis Bate -
Jack Harrison
Jack Jenkins - Joined Salford on a season loan.
Crysencio Summerville - U23
Charlie Allen - U18
Joe Snowdon - U18
Amari Miller - U23
Archie Gray - U18
Keenan Carole - U18 -
Brenden Aaronson -
Darko Gyabi –
Tyler Adams -
Luis Sinisterra - Signed from Feyenoord for £22M on a 5 year contract
Helder Costa
ian Poveda -
Dan James -.
Wilfried Gnonto –

STRIKERS
Patrick Bamford
Joe Gelhardt
Sam Greenwood
Mateo Joseph - U23
Luca Thomas - Signed first professional contract

Sonny Perkins -
Giorginio Rutter -
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Too early to predict, although I'm expecting a high finish. The 49s wouldn't purchase our club for £170 million to hover around mid-table.
geronimo
First Team
First Team
Twitter: none

Post by geronimo »

1964white wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 11:55 am Too early to predict, although I'm expecting a high finish. The 49s wouldn't purchase our club for £170 million to hover around mid-table.
it depends on what the team will be next season , and whether we get the right people in charge of the football side of things, also whether they will invest heavily enough in the squad , when the vast majority of players in the first team squad leave , we dont want a situation where they are throwing money around on players that aint good enough , like we have had with orta and radrizaani for the last five years
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

I'll wait until I know who's going, who's staying and who is coming in before I answer this one....
Jimang
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimang »

Mid table I think. We have lost too much ground already, still got the take over to complete, then a new Manager to appoint, before even starting to sort out the comings and goings. Then the team needs time to train and play together. Left too high a mountain to climb if we are hoping to finish in the top two.
hector

Post by hector »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Jul 01, 2023 2:07 pm I'll wait until I have ha a lot more malts before I answer this one....
FTFY Duckie :) :) :)
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

The takeover needs ratified ASAP regardless of who’s at fault, I think there will be plenty happening in the background atm & hopefully the new manager can hit the ground running. We need a clear out of players with no backbone & bring in some with a bit of fight, experience & pride in the shirt and trust in our good crop of young players. 4th & the lottery of the playoffs.
Keeping The Faith
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Found this thread and it makes interesting reading, there were a few predicted a lot lower than 3rd but are now unhappy that we didn’t get automatic promotion but not a lot predicted 1st or 2nd. We finished higher than my 4th place prediction so if asked at the start of the season would we all be happy with 3rd place and a chance through the playoffs there’s probably a fair few would have bitten their arm off. I really hope Prisoner37 has got it completely wrong though 🫣
Keeping The Faith
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 10:56 am Found this thread and it makes interesting reading, there were a few predicted a lot lower than 3rd but are now unhappy that we didn’t get automatic promotion but not a lot predicted 1st or 2nd. We finished higher than my 4th place prediction so if asked at the start of the season would we all be happy with 3rd place and a chance through the playoffs there’s probably a fair few would have bitten their arm off. I really hope Prisoner37 has got it completely wrong though 🫣
Prophetic words from the Prisoner?
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Jaydog wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 11:36 am Prophetic words from the Prisoner?
Hope not
Keeping The Faith
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Geronimo was quite right has to be said. Pissed off a lot on forum but talked sense which a lot coudnt handle
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

14th in the Premier League.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

For me it’s got nothing to do with pre and early season predictions, todays disappointment is based upon our catastrophic decline over the past handful of games.

Maybe we flattered to deceive, but who, in March, foresaw this dramatic drop off in performance, and the lack of a cohesive plan to remedy the problem? Okay maybe some stated that DF was incapable of alternative football management, but that’s not my issue. My point is, we overcame the chaos of August and September, steadied the ship, then January and February raised our expectations beyond the vision of many (me included) and now our recent form is bitterly disappointing.

I don’t mind Leeds losing games, but the recent run is humiliating. Leeds are not anybody’s second favourite team anymore, like we were when Bielsa held the reins, we have again become the team everybody hates. Normal service has been resumed.

I’m in the camp of thinking promotion this year is too early in our necessary rebuild, but I’m still gutted by our recent form.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Orange Box wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:40 pm For me it’s got nothing to do with pre and early season predictions, todays disappointment is based upon our catastrophic decline over the past handful of games.

Maybe we flattered to deceive, but who, in March, foresaw this dramatic drop off in performance, and the lack of a cohesive plan to remedy the problem? Okay maybe some stated that DF was incapable of alternative football management, but that’s not my issue. My point is, we overcame the chaos of August and September, steadied the ship, then January and February raised our expectations beyond the vision of many (me included) and now our recent form is bitterly disappointing.

I don’t mind Leeds losing games, but the recent run is humiliating. Leeds are not anybody’s second favourite team anymore, like we were when Bielsa held the reins, we have again become the team everybody hates. Normal service has been resumed.

I’m in the camp of thinking promotion this year is too early in our necessary rebuild, but I’m still gutted by our recent form.
I think our final position is about fair. We started poorly but weren't as bad as some thought, had a reasonable run up to Christmas, then had the bad run, then put the string of wins together but we weren't as great as some thought at the time and then had the slump. Overall 3rd is probably about right. Ideally would have been much better going into the play-offs on fire having finished 3rd with 100+ points but it is what it is and no team got over 100 points despite it looking at various points like they would.

I don't think there is a worry about the team being bottlers. We had lots of games where they showed bottle, even the Boro one of late. Fair enough the QPR match we deserved nothing and were outplayed but for most of the poor results of late it hasn't been the case that we were outplayed.
Madron
First Team
First Team

Post by Madron »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:22 pm Geronimo was quite right has to be said. Pissed off a lot on forum but talked sense which a lot coudnt handle
Where was he right ?
8th was miles off.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Orange Box wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 12:40 pm For me it’s got nothing to do with pre and early season predictions, todays disappointment is based upon our catastrophic decline over the past handful of games.

Agree completely about the recent form OB but there were probably different factors for that. The International matches, the injuries, the exhaustion of playing the same players week in week out due to DF either not rating or trusting the other players in the squad and the inevitable loss of confidence in a relatively young team. We do need to rebuild but I’d rather do that in the Premiership where hopefully the Leicester cheats get a big points deduction which will help our chances of staying up and we can rebuild the team slowly and consolidate our place there.
The players have ( hopefully ) 3 games to redeem themselves and winning promotion at Wembley will go down as one of Leeds finest moments. 🙏🏻
Keeping The Faith
BobHirst
Manager
Manager

Post by BobHirst »

Next season we will be 20th or 1st.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Madron wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 1:30 pm Where was he right ?
8th was miles off.
About general stuff forget the predictions..