New number 9

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Re: New number 9

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Something I read ;

" Jean-Kevin Augustin is not just the worst Leeds United striker of all time, he also has the infamy of being the single worst signing of all time, by pretty much every single measurable metric.

HITC Football did a video on it a couple of months ago where they went into far more detail than I could ever dream of.

But they pretty much concluded that for the money we spent, versus the amount of time he was on the pitch, and the actual contribution we got from him during that time, he goes down as the undisputed single worst signing in football history, or at least recorded history. "
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 11:29 am Somehow, Wilko & his staff found Yeboah, only for George Graham to come along & rub Tony's nose in the ground, and as a consequence gave us a season of boring football.
Which tells you no matter how good the manager or how good the player, sometimes even good to great managers miss the bleedin' obvious
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:22 pm Don't forget Steve Morrison....
Not forgetting John Pearson!
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Overman wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 9:43 pm Not forgetting John Pearson!
Billy Paynter deserves an honourable mention too...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

CHAPELALLMAN wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 8:23 pm Something I read ;

" Jean-Kevin Augustin is not just the worst Leeds United striker of all time, he also has the infamy of being the single worst signing of all time, by pretty much every single measurable metric.

HITC Football did a video on it a couple of months ago where they went into far more detail than I could ever dream of.

But they pretty much concluded that for the money we spent, versus the amount of time he was on the pitch, and the actual contribution we got from him during that time, he goes down as the undisputed single worst signing in football history, or at least recorded history. "
He basically cost us 850k a minute up to £40mil for absolutely fook all (no goals no assists).

I don't imagine you will find a player in football history worse.

So they probably right :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:46 pm He basically cost us 850k a minute up to £40mil for absolutely fook all (no goals no assists).

Another feather in the caps of the three stooges :x
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Who knew JKA would lead to so ED
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
CHAPELALLMAN
Manager
Manager

Post by CHAPELALLMAN »

Cjay wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 10:46 pm He basically cost us 850k a minute up to £40mil for absolutely fook all (no goals no assists).

There can't have been a worse signing in football history surely ? I could have run frenetically around the pitch for 50 mins and made just as significant a contribution - and I would have done it for a bargain £100k such is my tender conscience in terms of giving value for money....