Championship Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: Championship Thread

Post by Broad Ford »

Unlike Leeds, Ipswich don't play pass the parcel during the home straight.

All is not lost though. All we need do to resurrect Leeds United from the dead is to pray...

Pray for Bamfords blindness infront of goal, pray that he sees the barn door again...

Pray the team turn up for the playoffs...

Pray they use that right hand side of the grass when Gnonto is in oceans of space...

Ipswich don't need a miracle they just turn up when it matters. Well done tractor boys, you deserve second place.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Jimstorrie
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Jimstorrie »

Been a bit of a strange season, with all three relegated teams being strong, and Ipswich and West Brom never being out if the top 5.
Without putting a dampener on our play off prospects, will the division be as strong next year?
I don't see the three to be relegated doing as well as this year's.
And will there be a promoted team with as strong a bounce as Ipswich? Portsmouth or Derby?
Interestingly the three losers in last years league 1 playoffs, Barnsley, Bolton and Peterborough are all there again, this time with Oxford
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Broad Ford wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:32 pm

Ipswich don't need a miracle they just turn up when it matters. Well done tractor boys, you deserve second place.
They don't need a miracle when they get the amount of luck and decisions they get . Leeds could get a penalty v Southampton and it would get awarded to Ipscum .
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

Clacton White wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 6:15 am They don't need a miracle when they get the amount of luck and decisions they get.
Ipswich have been competing for a top two finish from the very first game, luck has nothing to do with it. Now it's in their own hands and only need a point to secure promotion.

Leeds have had a remarkable season climbing to the summit, sometimes riding their luck so credit to DF.

Today's fixture will indicate how Leeds will fare in the playoffs, whether they are ready to roar or crash out with a hot then cold whimper. I hope they roarr... like lions and grace the Wembley turf playing like they did away to Leicester. In less than an hour we'll get an indication.
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Congratulations Ipswich.

Fully deserved

Back to back promotions is a phenomenally impressive achievement
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

6 defeats all season they deserve it,congrats to Ipswich
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Congrats to Ipswich. A top manager and fully made use of the loan system and squad. 97+96 points in back to back seasons, very impressive stuff!
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Tyzy wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:37 pm 6 defeats all season they deserve it,congrats to Ipswich
NO . I give them no credit whatsoever, would rather absolutely any of the other 22 sides in the division gone up other than them if it's not to be Leeds . I won't ever give credit to that lot for anything, ever . I really hope they get destroyed week in week out next season .
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 1:24 pm Congratulations Ipswich.

Fully deserved

Back to back promotions is a phenomenally impressive achievement
NO.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Clacton White wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:41 pm NO . I give them no credit whatsoever, would rather absolutely any of the other 22 sides in the division gone up other than them if it's not to be Leeds . I won't ever give credit to that lot for anything, ever . I really hope they get destroyed week in week out next season .
You have some serious problem with Ipswich Clackers 😂
Everyone talks about what Bielsa did and rightly so but I think the bar just got raised somewhat.
Yes they may get walloped next year and you never know we could be one of the wallopers
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Clacton White wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:41 pmNO.
My apologies

Have Ipswich hurt you deep in the past or something? :lol:
Signed

King Cjay

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Not sure of his name but the bloke at Ipswich who tracked McKenna’s career and persuaded him to come to Ipswich when 12th in league 1 must be feeling a right smug wotsit.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Some impressive stuff floating round the Championship today.

Birmingham were 6th when they sacked John Eustace.

Relegated to league 1 today.

If the season started when Marti Cifuentes took over at QPR or Danny Rohl at Wendies (latter started earlier than the former).

Then 9th Is the form.
Signed

King Cjay

Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Jaydog wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:54 pm You have some serious problem with Ipswich Clackers 😂
Everyone talks about what Bielsa did and rightly so but I think the bar just got raised somewhat.
Yes they may get walloped next year and you never know we could be one of the wallopers
Indeedy !!
Two exes supported them , my dad sort of followed them , know absolutely zilch about football , I work with a few of their knuckle dragging supporters at work , my current gf family support them , though she doesn't follow football luckily . I need to tell them this is ESSEX, not a trip to the dark ages over the border, their local side is Colchester. Their support generally are very bad winners, another I know...he was Ipscum late 80's and when they went to pot he switched to Manure, then switched to Colchester ( why ????? ) now I see he is on Facebook mentioning the muck spreaders Ipscum again ....I mean talk of fair weather fickle supporters, they are the epitomy .
No I don't like them .
Bongo1874
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Bongo1874 »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 3:30 pm Some impressive stuff floating round the Championship today.

Birmingham were 6th when they sacked John Eustace.

Relegated to league 1 today.

If the season started when Marti Cifuentes took over at QPR or Danny Rohl at Wendies (latter started earlier than the former).

Then 9th Is the form.
My Scottish club is Hearts and it was between him and Naismith for the job, 433 and plays possession based football with a high press.

You guys should keep an eye on him.
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Credit where its due I don't have anything against Ipswich we collapsed they didn't !
Clacton White
First Team
First Team

Post by Clacton White »

Cjay wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:54 pm My apologies

Have Ipswich hurt you deep in the past or something? :lol:
I just can't abide them or their obnoxious supporters...fair weather supporters to a man . Like said two exes , my current gf family , my dad all sort of followed the inbred ones . Not like they are even local ......that's Colchester Utd . Then I know someone who fits from one team to another frequently depending on who is doing best or having a modicum of success....Ipscum to Man Utd to Col Utd and now again Ipscum I think...if they are all like that then they are all potential Manure fans on and off....no loyalty whatsoever. Surprised actually they even know football has been invented yet ........it's still 1645 in Suffolk .
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Clacton White wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:57 am I just can't abide them or their obnoxious supporters...fair weather supporters to a man . Like said two exes , my current gf family , my dad all sort of followed the inbred ones . Not like they are even local ......that's Colchester Utd . Then I know someone who fits from one team to another frequently depending on who is doing best or having a modicum of success....Ipscum to Man Utd to Col Utd and now again Ipscum I think...if they are all like that then they are all potential Manure fans on and off....no loyalty whatsoever. Surprised actually they even know football has been invented yet ........it's still 1645 in Suffolk .
It’s actually 1022
Now it’s 1023
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Clacton White wrote: Sun May 05, 2024 8:57 am I just can't abide them or their obnoxious supporters...fair weather supporters to a man . Like said two exes , my current gf family , my dad all sort of followed the inbred ones . Not like they are even local ......that's Colchester Utd . Then I know someone who fits from one team to another frequently depending on who is doing best or having a modicum of success....Ipscum to Man Utd to Col Utd and now again Ipscum I think...if they are all like that then they are all potential Manure fans on and off....no loyalty whatsoever. Surprised actually they even know football has been invented yet ........it's still 1645 in Suffolk .
I live in an IP post code CW, around 6 miles from the centre of Ipswich towards the River Orwell

My hairdresser is an Ipswich fan
Our local vineyard (is about a mile away from us ) where we regularly go for a walk and a drink, the owners are season ticket holders...
Even my Supermarket delivery man is an Ipswich fan (by the way my shopping comes all the way from the Clacton store!)

It's going to be a mare for me these next few weeks :x
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 2:54 pm Everyone talks about what Bielsa did and rightly so but I think the bar just got raised somewhat.
It will be interesting to see how he does next season as it is hard to judge him fully yet. He has done a superb job so far but sometimes you can fall into a club at the right time or have a load of unknown signings work out well. If you look at our Leeds squad that got out of league 1 we were then top of the championship around christmas the following season. We had a lot of good players that cost very little, Snodgrass, Becchio, Gradel, Kisnorbo etc. So Ipswich may have just fallen lucky that they had a lot of signings that were too good for league 1. Also worth noting they did have cash as spending £1m+ on a full back is not something many, if any, league 1 clubs have done.

Not knocking McKenna cos even if you catch lightning in a bottle you still need to know what to do with it.