QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Re: QPR v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

Post by Clitheroe White »

Tonight I decided to go to the local pub. In hindsight that was a fantastic choice.

Miracle week coming up and we are still playing to promote on Saturday. Even worse. Ipswich have two drawers and we still blow it against Southampton

Play off agony here we come… just to be so leeds.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Gray is a passenger in midfield.

If he wasn't homegrown with that heritage it would have been said by now. But emotional investment and all that.
Plus Farke knows selling him would make life easier next season.

Him not playing his role left holes in our MF which they exploited even before the first goal and the tone was set.

Ampadu and Rodon have been shepherding him but at this stage of the season there is nowhere to hide.
I'm not doubting his ability and future potential but I question his suitability against teams who try and play football against us.

The two dmfs need to be able to mark and tackle. His marking and positioning is not good enough considering what is at stake.

You can't win games when the teams engine room us faltering like it is.

Hopefully by two weeks time we can revert to Kamara and Gruev in there.

I'm not saying he was the only poor performer tonight and I am sure the whoscored numbers will reflect negatively on others but the rot started in the middle. Archie and Gruev were not on the same page.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:05 pm Although Farke feels angry inside, I suspect he suppresses his anger & rarely loses his rag.
I wonder if he will only have a biscuit with his coffee tonight - something plain like a Rich Tea 😂😂
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

YorkshireSquare wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:51 pm Gnonto didn't look fit, Rodon is playing through an injury, Firpo has had a virus
If something like this came out later, that the whole squad has been somehow affected by illness or virus, i wouldn't be surprised at all.

Because since the break, we have fell off a cliff, and a lot of them are just not the same.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:10 pm If something like this came out later, that the whole squad has been somehow affected by illness or virus, i wouldn't be surprised at all.

Because since the break, we have fell off a cliff, and a lot of them are just not the same.
FALLEN
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:04 pm Correction: Geronimo would OF.
A sweaty challenging my grammar ?? The night goes from bad to worse.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:10 pm If something like this came out later, that the whole squad has been somehow affected by illness or virus, i wouldn't be surprised at all.

Correction: fallen
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

We should've just kept Rapha and got a tiny points deduction. Will take us a long time to return now, whilst Everton will be miles ahead of us.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:12 pm Correction: fallen
Good Lad but I beat you to it
Last edited by whiteinfrance on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:08 pm I wonder if he will only have a biscuit with his coffee tonight - something plain like a Rich Tea 😂😂
He wouldn't have thrown cups & saucers around the dressing-room, as Wilko often did in his pomp!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:13 pm We should've just kept Rapha and got a tiny points deduction. Will take us a long time to return now, whilst Everton will be miles ahead of us.
Except Rapha wanted to go .... plus Marsch wouldn't have a clue how to use him
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator
Twitter: @motforum

Post by YorkshireSquare »

Cjay wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:04 pm Or are we just poorly coached?

How often do we put together well worked passing moves?

We don't seem to have patterns of play or know whose where and when, players just arrive in a position by default.

The positioning of our cm when we sit back is ridiculous as Sky highlighted.

Think it's too easy to say it's fitness or injury issues, problems seem deeper than that.

I'm not trying to use it as an excuse for that performance, but I don't think the squad is particularly deep. We've been fairly injury free this season but over-reliance on certain players can't have helped.

We looked totally lost today. No control in midfield, no threat up front, stray passes, players running into each other...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

I haven't totally given up on 'luck' yet, and who'll be 'lucky'

But fck me if Hull and Coventry beat Ipswich, and we beat Soton.

I'll eat this rabbits foot.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm Except Rapha wanted to go .... plus Marsch wouldn't have a clue how to use him
But Barcelona haven't even paid us for him!
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

1964white wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:14 pm He wouldn't have thrown cups & saucers around the dressing-room, as Wilko often did in his pomp!

Wilko went one step further than cups and saucers, he stuck Vinnie Jones in the dressing room!
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:07 pm Gray is a passenger in midfield.

If he wasn't homegrown with that heritage it would have been said by now. But emotional investment and all that.
Plus Farke knows selling him would make life easier next season.

Him not playing his role left holes in our MF which they exploited even before the first goal and the tone was set.

Ampadu and Rodon have been shepherding him but at this stage of the season there is nowhere to hide.
I'm not doubting his ability and future potential but I question his suitability against teams who try and play football against us.

The two dmfs need to be able to mark and tackle. His marking and positioning is not good enough considering what is at stake.

You can't win games when the teams engine room us faltering like it is.

Hopefully by two weeks time we can revert to Kamara and Gruev in there.

I'm not saying he was the only poor performer tonight and I am sure the whoscored numbers will reflect negatively on others but the rot started in the middle. Archie and Gruev were not on the same page.
Tbf to Archie he isn't and never has been a defensive midfielder.

Same as he isn't a right back.

Didn't Eddie himself say in an interview Archie is a box to box midfielder?

I doubt Bellingham would have had the season he had at the same age playing solely in positions he isn't natural.

And aside from all that the way we set up our midfield is weird, pushed to the left.

Even with Gruev and Kamara.

It's lopsided.
Last edited by Cjay on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
YorkshireSquare
Administrator
Administrator

SG90 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 pm But Barcelona haven't even paid us for him!

Says who?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

SG90 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:16 pm But Barcelona haven't even paid us for him!
Are you sure, CJay says we're only owed a couple of million and not on Raph
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Kennyb41 wrote: Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:15 pm I haven't totally given up on 'luck' yet, and who'll be 'lucky'

But fck me if Hull and Coventry beat Ipswich, and we beat Soton.

I'll eat this rabbits foot.
As I explained in an earlier post, if Hull win, I'ts game on

In that scenario if Hull win and we beat Saints, Ipswich need to win BOTH games
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Not convinced that is a valid excuse tbh. If players are ill it makes absolutely no sense to play someone at 80% unless their 80% is better than what we have as an alternative, and I do not think this is the case.

I honestly believe that Cooper, despite his defensive mishaps would have provided better leadership on the pitch and issued the necessary verbals. He is a master of preventing players getting a shot away unchallenged. Which has been happening far too frequently of late.
Last edited by DDB220 on Fri Apr 26, 2024 10:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.