QPR v Leeds Utd Match Thread

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: QPR v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:44 pm My mistake, he played 66 minutes vs Coventry.
He was also pure junk v Sunderland, Hull and think Watford too...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

weasel wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:35 pm Well put. In the same match Gray looked like a £100m+ footballer easily outshining Chelsea's expensive players. I think it was just that sort of match where it was almost played at a lower intensity, certainly less physical, and players trying to do their tricks etc.
Agree, I take performances in that Chelsea cup game with a pinch of salt. Much tougher in the championship with opposition defences kicking seven bells out of our flair players.

We still lost that game, as we would do if we played them 9 times out of 10 at Stamford Bridge.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:47 pm He was also pure junk v Sunderland, Hull and think Watford too...
That's Paddy for you, blows hot & cold.

Bamford was instrumental in our unbeaten run during January, February, early March, his selection turned our season around as the Piroe/Rutter combination was clearly not working.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

A fixture in London is always a bit of a concern for me!
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

I've got 2 tickets for tomorrow's game but unfortunately can't make it,it's in the Home end anyone know anyone who wants them on here or the best place to sell them just looking for face value ,cheers.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:58 pm That's Paddy for you, blows hot & cold.

Bamford was instrumental in our unbeaten run during January, February, early March, his selection turned our season around as the Piroe/Rutter combination was clearly not working.
When he's cold he affects team performance because you can't carry your striker, I don't mind if he's not scoring, that happens, but if he's not scoring he doesn't do a lot else well and there's no target man or out for the midfield...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

The Subhuman wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:58 pm Meslier
Byram
Firpo
Gruev
Rodon
Ampadu
Gnonto
Gray
Piroe
Georginio
Summerville

Darlow
Kamara
Anthony
Joseph
Cresswell
Cooper
Gelhardt
Crew
Piroe for the injured Paddy, Geo to the 9. Not sure who's left for the bench tbh
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:08 pm When he's cold he affects team performance because you can't carry your striker, I don't mind if he's not scoring, that happens, but if he's not scoring he doesn't do a lot else well and there's no target man or out for the midfield...
Agree, but as a team we haven't been as fluent since the international break. Paddy is better defensively at set-pieces than Piroe & Joseph. Apart from Firpo's sublime crosses, the service provided to Paddy has been poor, so many crosses hit the first defender. Gruev & Kamara give us nothing in an attacking sense.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:35 pm Agree, but as a team we haven't been as fluent since the international break. Paddy is better defensively at set-pieces than Piroe & Joseph. Apart from Firpo's sublime crosses, the service provided to Paddy has been poor, so many crosses hit the first defender. Gruev & Kamara give us nothing in an attacking sense.
Not sure he's better than Joseph who I've seen defend well. I don't think there's anything Bamford does better than Joseph, who's the complete striker, other than he's older
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:37 pm Not sure he's better than Joseph who I've seen defend well. I don't think there's anything Bamford does better than Joseph, who's the complete striker, other than he's older
Time will tell.

I sincerely hope Mateo & Archie's brother Harry will become top strikers for Leeds.
Lorimer46
First Team
First Team
Twitter: @dsc67

Post by Lorimer46 »

At this point in the season any kind of win will do , heap the pressure on to the tractor boys if we win , our record at Loftus Road isn't the best , but their home record this season is pretty poor, so a last minute 0-1 win will be quite acceptable , not sure it will be great for the nerves though . I'll be out tomorrow night so I'll miss this but I'll be keeping an eye on the score.
" The best laid schemes o' mice an' men
Gang aft agley "
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:50 pm Time will tell.

I sincerely hope Mateo & Archie's brother Harry will become top strikers for Leeds.
I have a good record.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:37 pm Not sure he's better than Joseph who I've seen defend well. I don't think there's anything Bamford does better than Joseph, who's the complete striker, other than he's older
But the age could be a bigger factor than at other positions, especially given how young all of the other front-four players are and how young Joseph is. Think DF alluded to this in his presser as well.
In Farke we trust...
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Kennyb41 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 3:03 pm If PB has a knock that he could aggravate, I'd hope he'll start Joseph ahead of Piroe for the lone role with PB on the bench if needed, if not needed he can then rest for 9 days and get treatment.

I do feel Gnonto has a big part to play in this game.

Worried to fck.........again.
I’m of the same opinion. Would like to see Joseph get the nod. Think his energy, athleticism, and pressing ability are stronger than Piroe…although given his lack of experience, DF’s likely to start Piroe.

Thought Gnonto was getting heated up in the last match and would’ve had the assist prior to be taken out, but given he knew he was coming out, he selfishly took the shot. Hope he resumes where he left off as I think he’ll be huge in this game.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

WestgateRun wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:04 pm Meslier needs to put in a solid performance. Collect the crosses, put the defence at ease, no flapping about.
A couple of clean sheets in the remaining games would be nice.
God, wouldn’t that be great?! A calming (as opposed to calamitous) influence in net would be so reassuring. Fingers crossed…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:13 pm But the age could be a bigger factor than at other positions, especially given how young all of the other front-four players are and how young Joseph is. Think DF alluded to this in his presser as well.
I'm a firm believer that if your good enough your old enough. Joseph's best chance now seems to be if we stay down because we'll get all the "he's unproven, young and inexperienced" stuff at Prem level and we'll buy over him anyway...

I doubt Cry/Geo would have played much if we'd stayed up last season this season, for another bottom 5 battle... The same negative process would have seen them getting 2/3 minutes off the bench

DF likes to deflect in his pressers... I've never understood what anyone learns in press conferences bar who's fit and who's injured
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:28 pm I'm a firm believer that if your good enough your old enough. Joseph's best chance now seems to be if we stay down because we'll get all the "he's unproven, young and inexperienced" stuff at Prem level and we'll buy over him anyway...

I doubt Cry/Geo would have played much if we'd stayed up last season this season, for another bottom 5 battle... The same negative process would have seen them getting 2/3 minutes off the bench

DF likes to deflect in his pressers... I've never understood what anyone learns in press conferences bar who's fit and who's injured
A valid point. I remember at the beginning of the season thinking along the same lines in terms of the drop down actually being a good thing, with one of the reasons being our younger attacking players (Archie included) getting more minutes against weaker competition.
In Farke we trust...
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

<<REWIND: QPR

Source: https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1783597165996118222
In Farke we trust...
Tom the Cat
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by Tom the Cat »

I am not a Bamford fan but must admit that in the Middlesbrough game he put in a better performance than usual. Whether he can put in two decent performances in a row is up for debate. I would start Joseph, he has a strong shot, heads the ball well and puts himself about - he will also be up for proving to DF that he can play.
I have misgivings about the result but obviously hope that we will win. Our record in London is not great to say the least neither is our record against teams close to the bottom of the league. If we were playing Leicester or Ipswich I would be more confident.
Finally that, to my mind, that awful pink strip. Why wear something that looks like ti has been borrowed from a girls netball team ?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Bally wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:07 pm I've got 2 tickets for tomorrow's game but unfortunately can't make it,it's in the Home end anyone know anyone who wants them on here or the best place to sell them just looking for face value ,cheers.
That's a shame, Bally.

Hope you can sell them, not easy sat in the home end as a Leeds fan.