Middlesbrough v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Middlesbrough v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:46 pm I'll be surprised if he changes that winning team, i just hope QPR don't lock up for 1pt, and he sends them out with the same instructions.
I can see QPR playing for the point. They are 4 points clear of the relegation places and a point would mean 3rd bottom Birmingham having to win both games to overtake them instead of a win and a draw. It also mathematically shuts the door on 2nd bottom Huddersfield too. With Sheff Wed, 4th bottom, 3 points behind but with a huge deficit on goal difference a point would also mean that Sheff Wed would need to win both games to overtake them. So whilst they are pretty likely already safe a point would just about guarantee it as it would require both Birmingham and Sheff Wed to win both their remaining matches.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

weasel wrote: Wed Apr 24, 2024 2:09 pm I think that if Roberts is fit for Southampton he would only be on the bench unless he is needed to start or if the result is irrelevant. I would expect Farke to go with either Gray or Byram. Not sure for Friday as Farke may decide to play with Kamara in the middle to make us tighter and harder to break down in the hope that we can control the game in our more usual manner. However I don't really know how QPR like to play and it may be that Farke would rather it becomes the type of game that we saw when we played both Ipswich and Boro away and we try to outscore them and have it that we allow them to attack us more in the knowledge it will leave gaps.
I rate their coach. He’s done wonders with that squad since taking over. He likes to play attacking football, but I think he’s mindful of the approach that’s been employed against Leeds to great effect…i.e., low block. And the fact that they aren’t 100% free from relegation means this is going to be a rather curious affair. I suspect he’s working on bunkering and countering this week in training, but I’m hoping he comes out and plays straight up attacking football against us, which I think will be easier for us to get the win.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 5:37 am
Great pitch side action and a brilliant clip of Heidi celebrating right at the final whistle 👏🏻👏🏻
Keeping The Faith
1964white

Post by 1964white »

"Oh he wears the number ten shirt,

He will lead us to victory,

And when he's running down the right wing,

He'll cut inside and score for Super Leeds,

He's a Dutchman, don't you know,

Just like Pascal and Piroe,

Ohhh, his name's Crysencio"

Love this song in the video with Summerville & fans celebrating goal.

Strangely enough, he generally he runs down the left wing.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:26 am Great pitch side action and a brilliant clip of Heidi celebrating right at the final whistle 👏🏻👏🏻
Yes, Heidi's head pops up briefly in the corner of the clip.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Our away fans still giving Paddy their utmost support.

Not screaming out for Piroe & Joseph to start.