Middlesbrough v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Re: Middlesbrough v Leeds Utd - Post Match Discussion

Post by Orange Box »

Just watched Bamford goal replay. That must be that he’s scored with every part of his body now. Except his foot, obviously.

I’m kidding, I’m kidding.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Who do we think the luck was with tonight?

Just hope it stays with us, and hopefully Ipswich have had loads and it runs out.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:19 pm If Gnonto got the DJ chance it’s 5-2. Farke got his subs wrong and got away with it.
He could've passed to Jimmy for a tap in just before he was subbed, but chose to be greedy
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

SG90 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:24 pm He could've passed to Jimmy for a tap in just before he was subbed, but chose to be greedy
Saw that, that annoys the bejesus outta me that does
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:23 pm Who do we think the luck was with tonight?

Just hope it stays with us, and hopefully Ipswich have had loads and it runs out.
Hull and Coventry away are not easy games for Ipswich. If they win both plus their final game they deserve to go up.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Could do with a draw tomorrow! Nonetheless, a win on Friday would mean Southampton can't catch us.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

SG90 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:24 pm He could've passed to Jimmy for a tap in just before he was subbed, but chose to be greedy
Jimmy must recognise that trait seems as he’s the same
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

SG90 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:26 pm Could do with a draw tomorrow! Nonetheless, a win on Friday would mean Southampton can't catch us.
We need to win Friday whatever the result tomorrow. Therefore a Southampton win for me and we have two teams to catch. Not just Ipswich.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:19 pm Why did you have to say that?
No idea, I've a feeling it maybe less but 93 for sure.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

I think we want Leicester to beat Saints now

Probably means Saints against us is pointless for them and it's us v Ipswich for autos
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Jaydog wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:27 pm Jimmy must recognise that trait seems as he’s the same
Yup both are too greedy many times. Tonight was the first time Jimmy looked a team player in a while.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I was screaming for Gnonto to pass the ball.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

We have to win v QPR, that would mean Ipswich are pressured to win both games in hand..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:17 pm In hindsight he should've left Gnonto on.

But don't forget Boro went gung ho,

Piroe was the biggest waste of space sub wise.
Wrong sub for me. We needed a straight replacement for Paddy. They huffed and puffed against us with all that possession. I don’t think they looked much different to how we do on occasion against a low block. With added pace and endeavour in the shape of Joseph I think we would have caught them again on the break.
They score a third because we tried to control it. Got done on the break with a long ball because Amps and Rodon had pushed up. Latte’s finish was fantastic. Absolutely nothing wrong with Mesliers position - the last thing he does is stand on his line in that situation.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:30 pm We have to win v QPR, that would mean Ipswich are pressured to win both games in hand..
Need to win both anyway. Can't afford to drop anymore points.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:17 pm In hindsight he should've left Gnonto on.

But don't forget Boro went gung ho,

Piroe was the biggest waste of space sub wise.
I questioned it the second it was made, but felt that it wouldn’t be an issue given the commanding lead. But unquestionably, we were playing with ten men out there with him on the pitch…
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

If we can't beat QPR we don't deserve autos
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

A slog.

This sit back stuff doesn't suit us, never has, always concede.

A mixed bag player wise but we got the win which is what matters.

Really pleased at times to see Gray getting forward and Gnonto and Jimmy swapping, made us much less predictable than normal which was nice change.

Thought Firpo was solid by and large.

Bamford had his good and bad moments, as did Georgie.

Structure was lost though with the subs and we just kept sitting back and it nearly cost us.

Should have been Joseph for Piroe (if you want the counter shuttle run stuff) all be it JP showed composure to play James in who should have scores (and was poor).

Meslier is a weakness, said it all season, promoted or not he needs replacing imo.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

whiteinfrance wrote: Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:28 pm I think we want Leicester to beat Saints now

Probably means Saints against us is pointless for them and it's us v Ipswich for autos
Depends if Southampton win their next two games. All four could be in a shout for an auto spot if that happens.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't buy this nothing to play for stuff, no professional footballer gives up the chance to win.. Won't matter if Southampton are in play or not, they'll be a tough out

In fact you could make the case they'll be relaxed and wanting to hit the playoffs with a win if they're out of the auto race, whereas they could be nervy if they still have a chance

Plus everyone wants to beat Leeds
Last edited by The Subhuman on Mon Apr 22, 2024 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.