Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
mentalcase

Re: Today's Games

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:19 pm It was always on the cards that the BBC would hand Lampard a job. :roll:
Not to mention rooney, he's getting a slot on motd :roll:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:21 pm Not to mention rooney, he's getting a slot on motd :roll:
I haven't watched MOTD of late, why am I not surprised.

I hear that twat Shearer was all for no replays in cup matches :oops:
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

Delighted City won, least now I can relax knowing scum can't beat them in the final
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Luck will play a huge part in this run in for the top 4.

Seems Leicester had it all today, Soton none.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Kennyb41 wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:39 pm Luck will play a huge part in this run in for the top 4.

Seems Leicester had it all today, Soton none.
All we can do now is win our next 2 games & put the pressure on Ipswich, always thought it was going to come down to us two for 2nd.
Keeping The Faith
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

IMG_1880.jpeg
Keeping The Faith
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:17 pm Jackson is hopeless, how much did Chelsea pay for him?
He baffles me. Maybe he'll be one those players that needs a year to settle.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Pep whinging of playing Wednesday and then Saturday tea time. Try doing that just about every week without the world class squad with quality backup in every position you entitled tit - so bored of this whinging, honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they start wanting a 10 team premier league.
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

WhiteRose wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:39 pm Pep whinging of playing Wednesday and then Saturday tea time. Try doing that just about every week without the world class squad with quality backup in every position you entitled tit - so bored of this whinging, honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they start wanting a 10 team premier league.
To be fair he had a good point, Chelsea, scum and Coventry had no midweek game yet they played on Wednesday night and the other 3 haven't played since last week, and the semi's of the FA Cup were known before the Champions league Quaters were played, if it was us we'd complain also
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Lufc76Cor wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:06 pm To be fair he had a good point, Chelsea, scum and Coventry had no midweek game yet they played on Wednesday night and the other 3 haven't played since last week, and the semi's of the FA Cup were known before the Champions league Quaters were played, if it was us we'd complain also
Well, Leeds Utd in the late 60's/70's had fixture congestion. Did they moan.....NO! They just got on with it with their 15 (not 30) man squad. These managers these days get on my pip. They think the footballing world owes them. :x
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:34 pm Well, Leeds Utd in the late 60's/70's had fixture congestion. Did they moan.....NO! They just got on with it with their 15 (not 30) man squad. These managers these days get on my pip. They think the footballing world owes them. :x
Can't argue with that but different era and different times, the whole argument is that in most top European countries they schedule matches around European games in order to give their clubs the best chance of success yet in England it's like they do everything possible to ensure failure
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Lufc76Cor wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:45 pm Can't argue with that but different era and different times, the whole argument is that in most top European countries they schedule matches around European games in order to give their clubs the best chance of success yet in England it's like they do everything possible to ensure failure
Wow, are you a night rake 76? So many on here disappear after 10.00 PM.
I get what you're saying, but I guess, like our Leeds of the 60's/70's you become victims of your own success.

How long have you supported Leeds?
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:34 pm Well, Leeds Utd in the late 60's/70's had fixture congestion. Did they moan.....NO! They just got on with it with their 15 (not 30) man squad. These managers these days get on my pip. They think the footballing world owes them. :x
Sorry Swannie, but what’s a pip 🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
Lufc76Cor
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Lufc76Cor »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 20, 2024 11:09 pm Wow, are you a night rake 76? So many on here disappear after 10.00 PM.
I get what you're saying, but I guess, like our Leeds of the 60's/70's you become victims of your own success.

How long have you supported Leeds?
All my life, well as long as I can remember, since about 5 or 6. Don't get me wrong as nobody will ever be forced to do what we had to in the 70's , playing the final league game 2 days after an fa cup final, or 2 days before a European final and we never got any help or respect from the fa but nowadays it's all about protection, rightly or wrongly but certain clubs get that privilege above others, basically my argument is that if it was ManU then we wouldn't even be having this discussion
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Leeds 0-1 Blackburn
Blackburn 1-3 Sheff Weds
Funny old game
Keeping The Faith
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 1:28 pm Leeds 0-1 Blackburn
Blackburn 1-3 Sheff Weds
Funny old game
No easy games in the championship. It's the second most competitive league in Europe behind the Prem. But we fucked up royally v Blackburn, we were the much better team
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Everton 2-0 Forest
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

My god it really hurts to see blackburn that we couldnt hit a barn door past last weekend
have just lost 1-3

Like they were terrible, really really bad today.

So what is it, did they have a one off worldie against us, or were we just that bad
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

pandagirl wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 2:24 pm My god it really hurts to see blackburn that we couldnt hit a barn door past last weekend
have just lost 1-3

Like they were terrible, really really bad today.

So what is it, did they have a one off worldie against us, or were we just that bad
We are everyone's Cup Final, they bust a gut to beat us. Was it last season when teams beat us and then the week after ran out of steam. But I have to admit, we've gone off the boil big time since the International break...
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Seen 2 of the penalty decisions, both clear penalties, VAR is a joke.
Seen 2 of the penalty decisions, both clear penalties, VAR is a joke.
Keeping The Faith