Another daft rule!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Another daft rule!

Post by The Subhuman »

FA cup was best in the days when a replay was followed by a second replay etc..... Some great battles back then. FA cup has become nothing more than a sideshow these days.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

PhoenixUnited wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 8:38 am It's a forlorn hope MC I'm afraid. LUFC will not step out of line and besides which for all the chuntering that others might do not one of the buggers will stand up to be counted.

The FA Cup is on the same road as the now easily forgettable domestic competition formerly known as the League Cup. Personally, the only time I pay attention to the FA Cup is while Leeds United are in (usually short lived!) and also whilst Walsall are involved (also short lived). Completely ignored the final at Wembley yesterday - not the least bit interested
It was the Semi Final yesterday. Very good game actually. Scum v Coventry the second semi this aft.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

1964white wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2024 4:46 pm All the EFL/Non-League clubs should withdraw from the FA Cup.
I’d have that the other way round. They should boot the PL clubs out, and make it a challenge for all clubs once more.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:33 am I’d have that the other way round. They should boot the PL clubs out, and make it a challenge for all clubs once more.
That's a good idea, though the smaller clubs would miss out on revenue
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1964white wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:53 am That's a good idea, though the smaller clubs would miss out on revenue
They’re going to miss out on revenue now anyway with no replays.
Keeping The Faith
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

whiteswan wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 10:04 am It was the Semi Final yesterday. Very good game actually. Scum v Coventry the second semi this aft.
Doh! Just shows how much attention I was paying :)
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 11:11 am They’re going to miss out on revenue now anyway with no replays.
Absolutely
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Next time Pep complains about player welfare he should be asked about the Man City tour of America a few weeks before the season starts

9 hour flight to North Carolina

North Carolina then 500 miles to New York.

Then 1000 miles to Florida

Then another 1000 miles to Ohio.

1st match 23rd of July, 4th is 3rd August.

4 matches in less than 2 weeks with about 6000 miles of flying thrown in.

Someone in the media should point this out next time Pep or Klopp or Poch or whoever moans about the player welfare and too many games.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:33 pm Next time Pep complains about player welfare he should be asked about the Man City tour of America a few weeks before the season starts

9 hour flight to North Carolina

North Carolina then 500 miles to New York.

Then 1000 miles to Florida

Then another 1000 miles to Ohio.

1st match 23rd of July, 4th is 3rd August.

4 matches in less than 2 weeks with about 6000 miles of flying thrown in.

Someone in the media should point this out next time Pep or Klopp or Poch or whoever moans about the player welfare and too many games.
Aye the hypocrisy is nothing new. I would also let Greta know.

Managers only bitch when they are under pressure or have a poor result.
Kenny know’s a manager who never moaned. Rare breed these days.