General Chat

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: General Chat

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 3:46 pm Any of our North American friends getting a good view of today’s eclipse ? Be good to see a few photos posted.
Disclaimer - Remember, if you’re thick enough to look directly at the sun or through binoculars or telescopes and blind yourself don’t try to come running to me, you’ll probably trip over something & hurt yourself.
Too much cloud cover in the mountains of NC, Cussie. Nothing but a brief glimpse through the clouds.
In Farke we trust...
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Totality here in Lancs atm.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2024 8:25 pm Too much cloud cover in the mountains of NC, Cussie. Nothing but a brief glimpse through the clouds.
Fascinating pictures of the eclipse on the news.

People on the beach in their t-shirts/shorts enjoying the warm weather, all of a sudden darkness prevails with temperatures dropping dramatically as the eclipse occurs, the back to daylight & a warm climate.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

The Post Office scandal which has affected so many people's lives mentally, physically & financially makes me feel inclined never to use the post office.

Surely PO bosses should be facing prison sentences.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:47 am The Post Office scandal which has affected so many people's life mentally, physically & financially makes me feel inclined never to use the post office.

When have you ever seen the people at the top of the tree, CEO’s, bankers, politicians etc go to jail for wrongdoings? They have the backing and the money to hire the best lawyers and even if they have to step down they’re slowly shuffled back into a top job or get a massive payoff & a gold plated pension to ease their pain. Bless.
Keeping The Faith
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Twenty odd years ago the West Yorkshire Ambulance Chief Exec and Financial Director were jailed for 3 years each for defrauding the NHS. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/west ... 016902.stm

Very rare justice, I imagine.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Anyone want to hazard a guess at the two words ? I'll go first with "Fck off"......

Liz Truss admits she didn't listen to Queen's two words of advice.

In a new memoir, Liz Truss recounts the advice she was given by Queen Elizabeth II when they met in September 2022 to confirm Truss as Britain’s new prime minister, the 15th and as it turned out last, to serve under Elizabeth II.

Related: ‘She still carries an aura of spectacular failure’: why hasn’t Liz Truss gone away?

The 96-year-old queen said – a suggestion Truss admits she failed to heed after the queen died, leaving Truss unsure if she could cope.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Sold a couple of things on ebay at the weekend and it turned out the buyer lived not far from where I work. So, rather than post I said I’d drop them off on my way home this afternoon.

Went into his house and it was like a shrine to LUFC……..there was Leeds stuff everywhere.

Anyhow, he mentioned that he had a collection of 100 odd Leeds shirts, which he showed me……they were meticulously ordered by season in different wardrobes - Home, Away, Third and various training tops/jackets etc….a very impressive collection.

However, he said the one shirt he just can’t get hold of is the 1983/84 Umbro ‘Systime’ sponsored shirt - reckons he’s never come across one. Made me think I don’t recall ever having seen one of these either :duno:

E2C19C38-AB24-4F3C-AD33-6996E5EB322B.jpeg
6A770A41-94DB-4CA0-BC0A-39F89878A700.jpeg
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:07 pm Sold a couple of things on ebay at the weekend and it turned out the buyer lived not far from where I work. So, rather than post I said I’d drop them off on my way home this afternoon.

Went into his house and it was like a shrine to LUFC……..there was Leeds stuff everywhere.

Anyhow, he mentioned that he had a collection of 100 odd Leeds shirts, which he showed me……they were meticulously ordered by season in different wardrobes - Home, Away, Third and various training tops/jackets etc….a very impressive collection.

However, he said the one shirt he just can’t get hold of is the 1983/84 Umbro ‘Systime’ sponsored shirt - reckons he’s never come across one. Made me think I don’t recall ever having seen one of these either :duno:

E2C19C38-AB24-4F3C-AD33-6996E5EB322B.jpeg6A770A41-94DB-4CA0-BC0A-39F89878A700.jpeg
I remember the shirt, but I haven't seen one in decades.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

1964white wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:53 pm I remember the shirt, but I haven't seen one in decades.
I've seen examples of the preceding 'RFW' sponsored one from 81-83 and the one that followed 'WGK' sponsored....but not that Systime one. Not sure why that one should be now so rare :duno:
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 7:21 pm I've seen examples of the preceding 'RFW' sponsored one from 81-83 and the one that followed 'WGK' sponsored....but not that Systime one. Not sure why that one should be now so rare :duno:
I wouldn’t try those shorts on that’s for sure :shock:
Ipswich won’t fade. As predicted.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Meat & crumpet prices drop.
Due to a drop in inflation.
Perm any one of 15 headlines from that.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Quite fascinated by the latest “let’s suggest something ridiculous that’s unachievable to take the attention away from us doing an awful job at running the country” by Ritchie Sumak and his gang. The no smoking if born after 2009. Exactly how is this workable or enforceable.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding it but is it possible down the line that an 89 & 90 year old are smoking and one of them could get arrested.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:12 pm Quite fascinated by the latest “let’s suggest something ridiculous that’s unachievable to take the attention away from us doing an awful job at running the country” by Ritchie Sumak and his gang. The no smoking if born after 2009. Exactly how is this workable or enforceable.
Maybe I’m misunderstanding it but is it possible down the line that an 89 & 90 year old are smoking and one of them could get arrested.
The crematorium owners will be livid
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:17 pm The crematorium owners will be livid
Oh dear :roflmao:
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Tue Apr 09, 2024 5:47 am The Post Office scandal which has affected so many people's lives mentally, physically & financially makes me feel inclined never to use the post office.

Thank goodness for Ken Bates
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Mon Apr 15, 2024 6:07 pm Sold a couple of things on ebay at the weekend and it turned out the buyer lived not far from where I work. So, rather than post I said I’d drop them off on my way home this afternoon.

E2C19C38-AB24-4F3C-AD33-6996E5EB322B.jpeg6A770A41-94DB-4CA0-BC0A-39F89878A700.jpeg
Who's the blonde kid (front row) next to Hird.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Orange Box wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 12:17 pm The crematorium owners will be livid
All their profits will go up in smoke 🙄
Keeping The Faith
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Is it aiden butterworth
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2024 1:20 pm Is it aiden butterworth
Reckon so, MC 👍