Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post Match Discussion

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:58 pm I agree Gnonto did not look spent to me either.
Gnonto had just got to the byline & put in a decent cross for Bamford to head over the bar.

Seconds later, he was subbed.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

pandagirl wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:23 pm Thanks, very nice here

It`s all too easy to jump on the hate bamford bandwagon, but i will say, he has a purple patch every year for about a month (even this season) where he looks great

But costs us again and again.

Really need a fit/ alert/ fast dangerman (like an ivan tony or izak or jota ) i know these guys are out of our league (quite literally), but thats what we need, because it just seems like be a lot of huff, puff and no end product.

By the way, Elland Road was PUMPING! (loudest i heard it in ages), but that goal from Blackburn killed it, totally killed the atmosphere. (But that isnt the fans fault) :angel:
What part of the ground were you in, Panda?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

whiteswan wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:13 pm We'll be crying into our fish and chips together Leon... :cry:
I never cry when I'm eating, Swannie.
1964white

Re: Blackburn Rovers Post match discussion

Post by 1964white »

Tyzy wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:38 pm We stay in an apartment overlooking the golf course and Fistral beach in Newquay ,we go every year out of season ,costs an arm and a leg in the summer months plus its no too busy 👍
We are staying in a different apartment this year, a couple of blocks down from the one we've stayed in over the last fifteen years. We go there on our anniversary week, the last week in June, before the price increases in July/August. Got to know several of the locals over the years & have good friends who live in Hayle we meet up with at their home & a meal out one evening.

We love Cornwall :love:
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:38 pm Gnonto had just got to the byline & put in a decent cross for Bamford to head over the bar.

I missed the last 20 mins of the game having to begin toiling. Putting myself through further pain watching the highlights, Bamford went for power and shouldered the header over the bar. 🤣

It makes one feel angry when it looked easier to score. If this bull continues up until the Southampton game my thoughts are that the fans should return the 'declined to comment' by the club, Augustin’s agent and FIFA, by turning their backs on this meaningless fixture in protest at the clubs capitulation at the business end of this season and the lack of transparency around the JKA transfer. The fans will eventually foot the multimillion JKA transfer bill and have every right to demand a head or two on the block. An empty stadium will get that drum rolling and maybe the club will then think twice before cashing in on players to then begin all over again in the Championship, year after year, after year.

Leeds v Southampton. DRUM ROLL......🤪
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:40 pm What part of the ground were you in, Panda?
J C stand :) :)

Most weeks :)
1964white

Post by 1964white »

pandagirl wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:15 pm J C stand :) :)

Most weeks :)
Barlow Boy & I are in the Revie Stand (kop).
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:38 pm Gnonto had just got to the byline & put in a decent cross for Bamford to head over the bar.

Most of the time, Bamford`s positioning is terrible and it comes off his shoulder.
Its strange because for about 6 weeks a season, he becomes a really capable player, very powerful, always there with the header, or quick reaction, then he gets injured or goes off the boil again for another 9/10 months
pandagirl
Ballboy
Ballboy

Post by pandagirl »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 11:19 pm Barlow Boy & I are in the Revie Stand (kop).
Well once i have been around here a while maybe we will eventually bump into each other :)

Anyway goodnight people, heres hoping 3 wins on a bounce now, and that ipswich or leicester draw/ lose one!

:) :) :) :)
onemoreslogan
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by onemoreslogan »

This team is capable. They've already won 26 times this season ffs. Something or someone needs to give them a collective kick in the arse.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

I think DF didnt want to pusg Gnonto over the edge, it was obvious rom his comments that his pre game fitness was in doubt.

Remember it was a hamstring issue, one more issue with it and it is season over for him. Even if we had won how would we feel about that?

He was playing well though, but keep him on and he would have been into well into ruling himslef out for us. I think when the changes were made Piroe was meant to drop back into MF.

As it is Ipswich through us a life line but w ereally do need to start doing a bit better

Just one of those decisons which went wrong unfortunately, borne out of the hits we took at the International break and the likes of Shackleton not being available ( what a let down that wee lad has been)
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Phild
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by Phild »

Was pleased with initial team selection .
We are not a team in the sense of the togetherness other sides show against us, particularly in recent games.
Our strength in our winning streak was down to some individual performances on a stop start basis, not satisfying flowing team performances.
When those moments stop happening we are in trouble and look so disjointed.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:52 pm Next season could be our year, just like Bielsa's second season.
I think you are deluded. If we fail to go up this year. The likes of gnonto, summerville, ampadu, rutter, gray just to name a few won't be here. And the money from the sales won't all go on rebuilding because they will need to balance the book and take into consideration ffp, but beside this where are you going to get 2 wingers that were probably championship best players coming to us not to mention we would need a striker and midfield. If we fail to go up we're looking at another decade in this league
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:47 am I think you are deluded. If we fail to go up this year. The likes of gnonto, summerville, ampadu, rutter, gray just to name a few won't be here. And the money from the sales won't all go on rebuilding because they will need to balance the book and take into consideration ffp, but beside this where are you going to get 2 wingers that were probably championship best players coming to us not to mention we would need a striker and midfield. If we fail to go up we're looking at another decade in this league
If that's the case, I may never see Leeds in the Premier League again.

Surely the 49ers won't throw the towel in.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:37 pm Gnonto really wasn’t run ragged. If he can play 80 I’m fairly sure he could’ve managed the last 10.
No idea what game you’re watching if you think that.
His subs ruined any momentum that we had.
Absolutely, and Gray, an 18 year old rookie who looked dead on his legs, stays on. I don't think there's any defending the subs with any logic other than blind faith in Farke, and I've never had blind faith in anyone bar family.

Gnonto had made that run to the near post to almost get to James' shot/cross. He ran over to take the corner, at no point was he looking for breather.

We were in control of that but Farke didn't give us a chance to win with those subs but made it more likely we'd lose. I wonder if that point will come back at the end of the season and bite us in the arse. The only sub that needed making on 65/70 was Piroe off for Joseph

I think Farke is a top class coach but only a decent manager
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Post by Ellandback1 »

1964white wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:40 pm What part of the ground were you in, Panda?
I bet she was in the Far-East corner!
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Ellandback1 wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:17 am I bet she was in the Far-East corner!
Doh!!!!
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

Scoobychief wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:47 am I think you are deluded. If we fail to go up this year. The likes of gnonto, summerville, ampadu, rutter, gray just to name a few won't be here. And the money from the sales won't all go on rebuilding because they will need to balance the book and take into consideration ffp, but beside this where are you going to get 2 wingers that were probably championship best players coming to us not to mention we would need a striker and midfield. If we fail to go up we're looking at another decade in this league
Agreed, despite years spent in the lower leagues I do think as a fanbase we like to believe we support a club that belongs in the top tier. When in reality that ship sailed over 15 years ago when billionaires arrived in the premier league and we weren’t there. Like it or not we are a second tier club and any stroke of luck that gets us to the prem will inevitably be short lived.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

The Subhuman wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 7:55 am Absolutely, and Gray, an 18 year old rookie who looked dead on his legs, stays on. I don't think there's any defending the subs with any logic other than blind faith in Farke, and I've never had blind faith in anyone bar family.

Gnonto had made that run to the near post to almost get to James' shot/cross. He ran over to take the corner, at no point was he looking for breather.

We were in control of that but Farke didn't give us a chance to win with those subs but made it more likely we'd lose. I wonder if that point will come back at the end of the season and bite us in the arse. The only sub that needed making on 65/70 was Piroe off for Joseph

I think Farke is a top class coach but only a decent manager

Of course you dont have the data flowing to you from the sidelines to tell you how is body is coping and how far they have run, how many sprints they have made and what the forecast affect this will have on his body. Farke will have been warned by the medical team as to his limits and how much he could be used. It has nothing to do with how much energy he still had left and more to do with how far his body was being pushed when he was just coming back from an injury.

Im just glad we have over a week to allow them all to get a bit closer to where they need to be fitness wise.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:00 am Of course you dont have the data flowing to you from the sidelines to tell you how is body is coping and how far they have run, how many sprints they have made and what the forecast affect this will have on his body. Farke will have been warned by the medical team as to his limits and how much he could be used. It has nothing to do with how much energy he still had left and more to do with how far his body was being pushed when he was just coming back from an injury.

Im just glad we have over a week to allow them all to get a bit closer to where they need to be fitness wise.
Ahh data ... I bow to the data. I wonder what the data says about running a 17/18 yr old rookie into the ground at such an early age. The god science can be bunk at times. Sometimes too much information is a bad thing