Today's Games

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Today's Games

Post by DDB220 »

Cjay wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 10:13 pm Isn't that where Farke Is meant to earn his money?

This is the whole point of ignoring his failings in the past.

This is the bit he is meant to be good at.

Time for that showing is now, starting tomorrow.
Well he did mention he won the league with Norwich - ending the season with 4 draws and two wins. Surely he cannot be that evil again.
Broad Ford
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Broad Ford »

1 point separates the top 3 and Southampton with 2 home games in hand. They could be just 3 points behind Leeds with away games at Leicester and then finishing the season at ER, a stubborn DF and Bamford who's forgotten where the goal is!

If I was Joseph, I'd sit in the dugout wearing a multi coloured snoodie waiting for the miracle of a goal. With Him, all things are possible!

Expect heartbreak tomorrow as the squad, along with DF, appear to be short on ideas 😂

Pure comedy 🤣
If you don't know where you are going, every road will get you nowhere.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

whiteinfrance wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:18 pm Worked in Health promotion for a year

Unfortunately a profession dominated by health professionals/nurses who eat healthy foods like yoghurt, chickpeas and quinois

I prefer fish and chips myself! :lol:
I worked for Wakefield area health authority in the 70's. Why I was sent out to Cleckheaton I don't know because I thought it was a different health authority. There was a lovely young dentist who worked there, but sadly caught hepatitis from a patient and died.
whiteswan
Superstar
Superstar

Post by whiteswan »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 8:20 pm SO DID I! in the out of hours clinic, 2007
I was there way before then OJ....
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

Looking at the stats I can't believe Plymouth won that game. Leicester did us an immense favor.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:56 pm From the Beeb.

Adam Forshaw's superb pass from midfield sprung Bundu down the left wing and the Sierra Leone forward cut inside and found the bottom corner as Wout Faes stood off him.
The beeb's usual standard of inept reporting. The pass was woefully overhit forcing Bundu out a lot wider than he needed to be. It was only Wout's poor defending that allowed Bundu to get come back in from by the touchline and shoot.
BlancdeBlanc
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by BlancdeBlanc »

weasel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:58 pm The beeb's usual standard of inept reporting. The pass was woefully overhit forcing Bundu out a lot wider than he needed to be. It was only Wout's poor defending that allowed Bundu to get come back in from by the touchline and shoot.
Ah but Forshaw did his best, within his limited ability, he’s Leeds and he knows he is.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

BlancdeBlanc wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:20 am Ah but Forshaw did his best, within his limited ability, he’s Leeds and he knows he is.
Better footballer than Kamara imo!
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

weasel wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 11:58 pm The beeb's usual standard of inept reporting. The pass was woefully overhit forcing Bundu out a lot wider than he needed to be. It was only Wout's poor defending that allowed Bundu to get come back in from by the touchline and shoot.
It was a very Summervillesque type of finish.
The flowers of common sense do not grow in everyone's garden
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

No matter how good or bad the pass was, it resulted in a goal, can't you be happy for that?

Why is it that once a player has got a reputation as being a sick note that is all he is remembered for.

We denigrate our players so much, lame Liam always giving away penalties, barn door Bamford always missing tap ins, the Luke Ayling flop, Meslier who is more afraid of crosses than Dracula, flapping instead of catching, and so negative images are implanted in everyone's mind and reinforced by repetition by the masses.

I just hope Ayling or Greenwood those two rejects from our great and wonderful club with such adoring fans can do us a favour against Ipswich... I hope Greenwood slips and scores a lucky goal with a deflected miss kick.
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

I'm not sure why Maresca is getting so much stick for last night's performance.
Leicester totally dominated the game but Plymouth defended with their lives. Even so, Daka missed two glorious chances and Vardy was inches away from getting on the end of a Mavadidi cross.
I'm pleased it panned out that way but Leicester really didn't play badly, certainly better than we did against Sunderland.
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Guardian said it was a great pass.

Personally I think it was lovely.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:02 am I'm not sure why Maresca is getting so much stick for last night's performance.
Leicester totally dominated the game but Plymouth defended with their lives. Even so, Daka missed two glorious chances and Vardy was inches away from getting on the end of a Mavadidi cross.
I'm pleased it panned out that way but Leicester really didn't play badly, certainly better than we did against Sunderland.
They've been really angry with Maresca for ages.

Far far more venom than we've given Farke or even Southampton fans have given Martin.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
hector

Post by hector »

He obviously deserves it...

they had an unassailable lead that has been assailed..... :mrgreen:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Irish Ian wrote: Fri Apr 12, 2024 9:56 pm From the Beeb.

Adam Forshaw's superb pass from midfield sprung Bundu down the left wing and the Sierra Leone forward cut inside and found the bottom corner as Wout Faes stood off him.
It wasn't that good ..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

Cjay wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:40 am They've been really angry with Maresca for ages.

Far far more venom than we've given Farke or even Southampton fans have given Martin.
Incredible that they've lost their last 3 away games 1-0, all against teams in the bottom half. They now halve their next three games against top half teams with plenty to play for.
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:49 am It wasn't that good ..
It was good enough for us
Keeping The Faith
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

CUSSIE01 wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 10:03 am It was good enough for us
:tup:
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Chilli D wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:02 am I'm not sure why Maresca is getting so much stick for last night's performance.

Exactly that Chilli, and then you get Cjay types just waiting to pounce.

Luck, luck, luck plays a huge part in owt, on a different day all the stars align for Leicester and they bang 4 in in that match, we ave had it ourselves against teams this year where on occasion everything found the back of the net, then on the other, we play the same, and just can't score.

How Leicester didn't score at least 1 last night is just 'one of those things' s**t happens. But weigh up the overall performance, and if they play the same next match, they'll most likely slap someone daft.

You play to your teams strengths first and foremost, any decent manager should be working on at least 2 plans, A + B, and just a simple command from the touchline should suffice.

He should already be telling them what to do for 20mins or until he says change, and each and everyone of them should be aware of what positions, shape and tactics to take up if he tells his captain "pssst Plan B, they're not playing ball"...or "go to our best game, they've come to play".....or ..."soak it up for a bit, and hit them, on the break"

The Captain should then be able to tell the rest..."lads we're going on the attack"...and every single one of them should be programmed to respond, leaving the oppos looking over to their gaffer, scratching their heads waiting for him to figure out what we've done, when hopefully it's too late.

But ffs, don't do a full 90mins of the Sunderland bollocks, we are streets ahead of them, they offered nothing, yet came away with a point.

And yet again, there was zero contact, cohesion between our lines and players, just way way too deep and it wasn't succeeding at all.

Sunderland had 2 or 3 shots in the whole match, on a different day one of those does a Plymouth last night, and finds the net quite easily, so fer gawds sake give it your best shot at winning the game.

We will ALL see if the oppos park the bus, and i for one won't blame DF if they do, but i will if we have zero attempts on their goal, like we did tother night.

Mix it up ffs.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Chilli D
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Chilli D »

BlancdeBlanc wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:20 am Ah but Forshaw did his best, within his limited ability, he’s Leeds and he knows he is.
Sky Sports News showed a clip of a Brentford v Sheff U game this morning and Forshaw scored a peach of a goal for Brentford, a curler into the top corner from outside the box!
He never did that for us.