The World Has Gone Mad!!!

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The World Has Gone Mad!!!

Post by Sara »

Overman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:28 am What did you post? I must have missed that one.
He said that immigrants are dirty and a drain on the country. Post is still up, if you care to look, page one recycling thread.
hector

Post by hector »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 am He said that immigrants are dirty and a drain on the country. Post is still up, if you care to look, page one recycling thread.
That's not what he said..... That is your interpretation of what he said.....
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:39 am He said that immigrants are dirty and a drain on the country. Post is still up, if you care to look, page one recycling thread.
That's a shame to hear, if he's expressed that. I remember the dark days in the 80's when certain sections was like a recruiting ground for the NF. I've supported Leeds since the late 70's, not always easy at times due to my background.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Only a few on here knows Mental's background.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

I’ve taken the international break off from MOT. It’s been wonderful and relaxing. Now I come back fully refreshed and read all this.

I’m beginning to wonder if it was worth chewing through the straps to set myself free. I think I’ll just post my first scorer prediction and go back to sleep.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
hector

Post by hector »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 am I’ve taken the international break off from MOT. It’s been wonderful and relaxing. Now I come back fully refreshed and read all this.

I’m beginning to wonder if it was worth chewing through the straps to set myself free. I think I’ll just post my first scorer prediction and go back to sleep.

have a dip in the hot tub mate

ob.png
ob.png (411.96 KiB) Viewed 286 times
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:55 am Only a few on here knows Mental's background.
Fairplay Leon, and I wish well him in his new role as a moderator.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:46 am That's not what he said..... That is your interpretation of what he said.....
I quote:

"look at the immigrants that come here and treat it like the shithole theyve come from and expect us to clean up after them"

How do you interpret that, then, Hector?
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Overman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:05 am Fairplay Leon, and I wish well him in his new role as a moderator.
Sometimes things are said & misinterpret out of context, it happens on every forum.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Orange Box wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:59 am I’ve taken the international break off from MOT. It’s been wonderful and relaxing. Now I come back fully refreshed and read all this.

Post your prediction up OB, before you hibernate :lol:
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:17 am Sometimes things are said & misinterpret out of context, it happens on every forum.
Same to you as to Hector then... please provide a correct 'interpretation' of the comment quoted above.
hector

Post by hector »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:16 am I quote:

"look at the immigrants that come here and treat it like the shithole theyve come from and expect us to clean up after them"

How do you interpret that, then, Hector?
It doesn't matter how I interpert it... I have not changed the words in order to denigrate another member of the forum....
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:26 am It doesn't matter how I interpert it... I have not changed the words in order to denigrate another member of the forum....
I beg your pardon? Changed the words? It's a direct quote, I've just copied and pasted it!

Denigrate another member of the forum? Is he being portrayed as the victim now, after he's insulted and abused anyone who's picked him up on his racist nonsense.

Are we adding gaslighting to the mod response now?
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

1964white wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:17 am Sometimes things are said & misinterpret out of context, it happens on every forum.
Then here's what you do, you explain what you meant, apologize and try not to post casually racist posts and generalizations again.

What you don't do, especially as a mod ... is call the person that pulled you up on it a moaning f**king minnie. Do you advocate that last statement?

I was here complaining when Twiggs posted casual racism every other post and was allowed to get away with it as he was a mod.... I hate racism with a passion...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
hector

Post by hector »

Sara wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:30 am I beg your pardon? Changed the words? It's a direct quote, I've just copied and pasted it!

Denigrate another member of the forum? Is he being portrayed as the victim now, after he's insulted and abused anyone who's picked him up on his racist nonsense.

Are we adding gaslighting to the mod response now?
I was refering to this
hector

Post by hector »

What is gaslighting?
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

hector wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:35 am I was refering to this
Immigrants that come here and treat it like the shithole they've come from, and expect us (indigenous folk) to clean up after them.

Your interpretation, please?

IMG_4087.jpeg
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

This argument is now running on 2 threads, maybe the mods need to move it to a thread of its own so people can avoid it if they wish. Thread name ?? - Answers on a postcard please
Keeping The Faith
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

hector wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:39 am What is gaslighting?
Gaslighting is a form of psychological manipulation in which the abuser attempts to sow self-doubt and confusion in their victim's mind. Typically, gaslighters are seeking to gain power and control over the other person, by distorting reality and forcing them to question their own judgment and intuition.
Sara
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Sara »

Can't believe I'm actually having this conversation.