Gigs (not that one!)

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Gigs (not that one!)

Post by The Subhuman »

airedale wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 6:46 pm British alternative rock band Placebo have been announced as a new headline artist for TK Maxx presents Live at The Piece Hall 2024.
Tickets on sale friday.
Saw them last year ish .... Mostly work off the new album which I hadn't heard, 3/4 tracks off older albums. Encored with covers. Still very good...

I have the Hold Steady Saturday ... One of the best bands on the planet for me.
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
airedale
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by airedale »

Mentions in demand pricing, sounds expensive .
Never seen a gig at piece hall and its near to home ,only really liked beautiful james and a couple of others off the new album. would prefer a trip down memory lane.
enjoy your gig on sat.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

airedale wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2024 7:31 pm Mentions in demand pricing, sounds expensive .
Never seen a gig at piece hall and its near to home ,only really liked beautiful james and a couple of others off the new album. would prefer a trip down memory lane.
enjoy your gig on sat.
Put myself on the list for Bristol...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

One of the great intros ..really hope they play this on Saturday

BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Simple Minds at Leeds Arena on Friday night were excellent support from del Amitri who were pretty good too.
The night was almost ruined by drunken older males fighting and were thrown out, probably back into Wetherspoons where they had been all day.
I was told it was football related - sigh...

Then you get the ones that traipse around all night not paying any attention to the band they have paid to see and the others that spend most of the evening trying to get past everyone seated to get to the toilet.

Great gig though.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Went to an Amy Winehouse tribute act last night in Halifax, she was very good, but the act that followed her was better, Sewer rats they were called, excellent.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I'm hitting Chalk in Brighton hard

Waxahatchee, Ride and Chelsea Wolfe all booked... contemplating a couple of others

We have fingers crossed for tours from King Hannah, Dweezil and Wand
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

Went to see Echo & the Bunnymen at Leeds O2, the sound was good, the band fine but Macca’s voice has totally ‘gone’.

Don’t know if it’s cos he was or still is a notorious chain smoker?
Overman
Manager
Manager

Post by Overman »

Looking forward to seeing the Pixies in Halifax. The last time I saw them was as at Reading, 1990.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

The Skids tomorrow evening at Cardiff Uni (so will have to tape the Watford game)

Last saw them in 1978 or 79 at Lincoln Drill Hall.
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:59 pm The Skids tomorrow evening at Cardiff Uni (so will have to tape the Watford game)

Last saw them in 1978 or 79 at Lincoln Drill Hall.
Showing age, 'record the Watford game' :)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Muppet the Cat wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:00 pm Showing age, 'record the Watford game' :)
I'd have bolded The Skids if you want to be showing your age .. ;-)
BradWhite
First Team
First Team

Post by BradWhite »

Finnatic wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:33 pm Went to see Echo & the Bunnymen at Leeds O2, the sound was good, the band fine but Macca’s voice has totally ‘gone’.

Age and lifestyle effects the voice if it's not looked after, lots of rock / metal singers can still belt it out live, where a few have totally lost theirs.

Macca has become a bit of a tyrant from what I heard Will Sergeant say in an interview and Will isn't allowed to contribute to song writing anymore, probably why their later stuff sucks.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

BradWhite wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:43 am Age and lifestyle effects the voice if it's not looked after, lots of rock / metal singers can still belt it out live, where a few have totally lost theirs.

Macca has become a bit of a tyrant from what I heard Will Sergeant say in an interview and Will isn't allowed to contribute to song writing anymore, probably why their later stuff sucks.
Didn’t know that about the song writing.

Only went because it was a 20 minute train ride away and it was a greatest hits tour - I’ve seen them four times over the years but unless they are on a festival bill with other bands, I think it will be my last time.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Finnatic wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2024 1:33 pm Went to see Echo & the Bunnymen at Leeds O2, the sound was good, the band fine but Macca’s voice has totally ‘gone’.

Could have had a cold....
Muppet the Cat

Post by Muppet the Cat »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:59 pm I'd have bolded The Skids if you want to be showing your age .. ;-)
yep, fair point.
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:46 pm Could have had a cold....
It wasn’t great the last time I saw them tbf, and it’s been mentioned in gig reviews over the last few years.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Finnatic wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2024 1:02 pm It wasn’t great the last time I saw them tbf, and it’s been mentioned in gig reviews over the last few years.
:tup:
VoiceofaLurker
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by VoiceofaLurker »

Saw them in Brum a couple of weeks ago, totaly agree, couldn't understand a word he was saying in between songs sounded pissed.
Never a massive fan just one to tick off the list and thankfully that's now done.

VOAL.
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Went to see Van Houten on Weds. Good band, from Leeds, Leeds fans and Simpsons fans. What's not to like?!