The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 21st March) Leeds identify Toon midfielder as rebuilding starts

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor
Twitter: @EllandBack1

Breakfast Debate The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 21st March) Leeds identify Toon midfielder as rebuilding starts

Post by Ellandback1 »

Good Morning. It's Thursday 21st March, and here are the latest headlines from Elland Road...

Leeds identify Toon midfielder as rebuilding starts

Leeds have been strongly linked with a £15m offer for Newcastle Utd midfielder Sean Longstaff. The 26 year old has been part of the Magpies setup since he was a fledgling (2006), but feels it could be time to fly the nest. His younger brother Matty joined Major League Soccer outfit Toronto earlier this season after being released by Eddie Howe. Although he (Sean) has started 20 games this season, it has been suggested that his days are numbered, and with little over twelve months on his contract, both sides could be keen to do business.

Predominantly, he plays as a defensive midfield, but has the versatility to play No10 too. As a homegrown star, the deal would very much benefit the Toon's Financial Fair Play situation, as the entire fee would be profit, allowing them a bigger budget during the Summer! The Mirror suggests Leeds have already earmarked £30m, with loanee Joe Rodon expecting to complete a permanent £15m move to LS11 as long as the Whites can win promotion. Reports around Newcastle suggest the Longstaff deal could still go through, even if Leeds remained in the Championship.

Will Farke welcome back loanee's

With little over six weeks until the Championship season is concluded, Daniel Farke has massive decisions on whether to stick or rid the club of the rats that abandoned ship last Summer. His comments last month likening the Luis Sinisterra saga to reheated microwaved food (in so much that cuisine in the microwave never tastes as good as when it's freshly cooked) gives us a good idea on his stance, but should we assume their Elland Road careers are over?

Max Wober and Marc Roca in particular are flourishing this season, yet have been linked with offers far lower than the going rate, especially as they have long term contracts. Roca in particular has been very vocal about his desire to leave Leeds, and has given his agent a list of clubs he would like to play for. Why pander to their demands; let them rot in the reserves!

What about Brenden Arronson? He may have had a torrid last 18 months, but let's remember, he's only 23! Should he be given the chance to prove himself during the Summer, or ship him out on the cheap? What about Jack Harrison? Reports earlier this week suggest Leeds are close to agreeing a £20m deal with Everton (more or less the same price we bought him for when you take into account the £9m of loan fees). Harrison has over four years left on his contract; surely he's worth £30m+.

Gray quells rumours of a Summer exit

Speaking to Sky Sports, Archie Gray has admitted that his ultimate aim is to represent the Whites in the top flight, quelling rumours of a Summer exit to Liverpool, Manchester City or Everton. The 18 year old star was speaking ahead of Friday evenings clash (Eng U21's) against Azerbaijan, a game he has been tipped to start. His love for the club has never been in question, but even so, it is believed that he will sign improved terms this Summer. Currently, he earns £5000 a week. He can expect that to at least quadruple, especially if Leeds reach the promised land.

It would mean a lot to me [representing Leeds in the top flight] because that is the goal that everyone has got here. Especially being from Leeds, that's where the club deserves to be and should be. I want to try and win trophies with Leeds, that's always what I've dreamed of as a kid. Playing for England's first team is another one that every kid from England dreams of. It would have been unrealistic to think I was going to play pretty much all the games [for Leeds]. I worked really hard in pre-season and tried to impress the manager as much as I could. It paid off. So far, it's been really good. We've had some great wins and it's getting to the crucial part where we just need to get the results and keep performing.

The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 21st March) Leeds identify Toon midfielder as rebuilding starts

Post by The Subhuman »

I don't rate Longstaff ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: The #LUFC Breakfast Debate (Thursday 21st March) Leeds identify Toon midfielder as rebuilding starts

Post by weasel »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:14 am I don't rate Longstaff ...
Sean Longstaff and Southampton's Willy Smallbone would be first names in an Innuendo XI.

I rather feel that today we should concentrate on completing the Innuendo XI FC starting line up.....
Sean_Nile
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Sean_Nile »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:29 am Sean Longstaff and Southampton's Willy Smallbone would be first names in an Innuendo XI.

I rather feel that today we should concentrate on completing the Innuendo XI FC starting line up.....
I can give you recomendation for a back four. The Leeds innuendo defence.

Complete the team by going to
https://surnames.behindthename.com/names/tag/body_parts

Berlusconi Italian
Probably from the Milanese word berlusch meaning "cross-eyed, crooked

Butts English
From a nickname meaning "thick, stumpy", from Middle English butt

Cruickshank Scottish
From a nickname meaning "bent leg" in Scots

Obama Eastern African, Luo
From a rare Luo given name meaning "crooked, bent". It was possibly originally given to a baby who had an arm or leg that looked slightly bent immediately after birth or who was born in the breech position
Last edited by Sean_Nile on Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:29 am Sean Longstaff and Southampton's Willy Smallbone would be first names in an Innuendo XI.

I dare say you’re looking for a bottom related player now. You’re definitely a bit obsessed with that part of the anatomy.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 9:56 am I dare say you’re looking for a bottom related player now. You’re definitely a bit obsessed with that part of the anatomy.
I feel we should stay away from bottoms, as your mother no doubt told you several times, and stick to phallus nicknames

CB Robin Koch
CB Julian Dicks
CM Sean Longstaff
CM Willy Smallbone
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:36 am I feel we should stay away from bottoms, as your mother no doubt told you several times, and stick to phallus nicknames

CB Robin Koch
CB Julian Dicks
CM Sean Longstaff
CM Willy Smallbone
AnuSol Campbell
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

From what I've seen I don't rate Longstaff either :x
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Wood former Scottish footballer Alan Mahood get in your Innuendo side?
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 11:53 am Wood former Scottish footballer Alan Mahood get in your Innuendo side?
Might make the bench, next to Chris Wood, dependant on how far we get with the rest of the team.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:44 am AnuSol Campbell
You are fixated with bottoms. Are you related to former Independiente, and once linked with Chelsea, keeper Fabian Assman?
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

weasel wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:01 pm You are fixated with bottoms. Are you related to former Independiente, and once linked with Chelsea, keeper Fabian Assman?
On Grinder all day today.
IMG_8830.jpeg
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

John-Joe O'Toole CB for Wimbledon
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Irish Ian
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Irish Ian »

Longstaff has a goal in him. He will end up at Villa or Leicester if they go up.

Saying that we can't afford his wages.
'
"Football is about the people and the players,” he said. “Then there are those who will mingle in the middle: the coaches, executives and journalists. That last group represents the worst part about football" Marcelo Bielsa
Ellandback1
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Ellandback1 »

Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Ellandback1 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:23 pm Image
He was a total pussy
Finnatic
Manager
Manager

Post by Finnatic »

To complete the defence there’s goalkeeper Roy Wood (not the musician) who played nearly 200 games for Leeds…

To bring the tone down to Jay and Weasel’s level, there’s Willie Bell from the 60’s
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Jaydog wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 12:29 pm He was a total pussy
And known to go over even if not touched
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

The Subhuman wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2024 1:03 pm And known to go over even if not touched
So Muff was a diver?
lufc1304
Superstar
Superstar
Twitter: @DrGonzo2411

Post by lufc1304 »

Muff is an actual place in Donegal and they have a diving club....
"When the going gets weird, the weird get professional!" Hunter S Thompson