Georginio Rutter-

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Georginio Rutter

Post by Cjay »

Finnatic wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:07 pm Bamford takes some of the credit though, he did Geo’s grafting up top and Geo dropped slightly deeper to pick the ball up and run at them with purpose
True I think Paddy helped a lot.

First game I've been disappointed in Piroe tbh, Paddy did help Rutter as you say.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:02 pm He wore them down, they pushed, niggled, pressed, double teamed, triple teamed him, but he worked them out in the end.... he can do no wrong for me. Love him too
He showed real character imo.

More than anything.

He could have hid

He didnt
Signed

King Cjay

Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

weasel wrote: Fri Feb 23, 2024 11:21 pm Hopefully a big game for Rutter in terms of his development. No matter what the coaching does things like tonight he needs to work out for himself on the pitch.
I think today was almost Pabloesque.

Pablo had a habit in games where we weren't at our best and where he wasn't at his best of just grabbing games by the balls over a brief period and making a difference.

Georgie did that tonight.
Signed

King Cjay

airedale
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by airedale »

Big unit ,exciting, young lad has the potential to be a world class footballer and already is a match winner :scar1 :scar1 :scar1
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

I'm gonna have to force myself to watch the game again :lol:

I thought Georginio was poor for much of the game, then amazingly he was involved in all three goals :-D

Bamford, James & Roberts helped create the space for the big fella
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:34 am I'm gonna have to force myself to watch the game again :lol:

I thought Georginio was poor for much of the game, then amazingly he was involved in all three goals :-D

he was, he loses the ball a lot

however, he also absolutely dragged us back into the game with those three goals - when noone else really stepped up. created all three opportunities out of nothing really
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

airedale wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 7:10 am Big unit ,exciting, young lad has the potential to be a world class footballer and already is a match winner :scar1 :scar1 :scar1
i think you need to look at the level of teams we are playing this season. He is NOT a world class footballer, last night he lost the ball so many times, he needs to look up and pass instead of trying to dribble past 3 players and losing the ball 90% of the time
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

pjm2019 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:46 am i think you need to look at the level of teams we are playing this season. He is NOT a world class footballer, last night he lost the ball so many times, he needs to look up and pass instead of trying to dribble past 3 players and losing the ball 90% of the time
POTENTIAL .... the key word, nowhere does Airedale say he is world class

A lot of people missing the point of Geo it seems..
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
airedale
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by airedale »

pjm2019 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:46 am i think you need to look at the level of teams we are playing this season. He is NOT a world class footballer, last night he lost the ball so many times, he needs to look up and pass instead of trying to dribble past 3 players and losing the ball 90% of the time
Agree with this ,thats why piroe played 10 alot,they did a number on geo last night but he kept going,kept his head up and helped win the game.
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 8:34 am I'm gonna have to force myself to watch the game again :lol:

For half a second I was wondering what Tyler Roberts was doing back in the team! :lol: :lol:
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

The kid has definitely got grit in spades, which was even more evident last night and is something you can't teach. Given his lack of overall experience, and obvious raw talent, as cliche as it is the sky does seem to be the limit. He's nowhere near the finished product he has the potential to be.
In Farke we trust...
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

He's still raw, very raw, potential as SH says along with patience, in the PL it will go either of 2 ways, against some teams he / we will be punished, against others, he will waltz around them causing absolute havoc.
Whoever mentioned (probably in jest) him and tyler roberts (shudder) give thee head a wobble.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

I would be surprised if Geo plays the same way if we go up. I would like to think he will exhibit more discipline and pick his moments rather than try something extravagant whenever he has the ball. This is the ideal league to learn and the Chelsea game will be a great test for him. It is evident that Bamford is very good for Geo in terms of tempering his need to be constantly audacious in possession. But that is the value of an experienced head on the pitch. A young Ronaldo at Manure had Keane in his ear for similar reasons.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

He and PB compliment each other, it just doesn't work the same with Piroe up top.

Georgie's gotta carry on doing what he does best, drawing fouls, passing, running and keeping the ball drawing players to him whilst ours get up and join the play. It's working for now and it's again risk versus reward, i can't see him getting away with it in the Prem though
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:48 am POTENTIAL .... the key word, nowhere does Airedale say he is world class

A lot of people missing the point of Geo it seems..
His potential is significant, his weight of pass on the move in full flow is technically outstanding. He is without doubt for me the most exciting player we have had since Cantona. He has flaws without a doubt but the positives massively outweigh the negatives. He is a game changer at this level, it remains to be seen how he will fare at the next level.
He is the type of player that needs the right manager. George Graham would have off loaded him at the first opportunity, fortunately under DF he has a licence to play his game.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

danhirons wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 9:43 am he was, he loses the ball a lot

however, he also absolutely dragged us back into the game with those three goals - when noone else really stepped up. created all three opportunities out of nothing really
I'll let you know later, how many times he lost possession & put our defence under the cosh.

We wouldn't get away with that sloppy play in the PL, it would be like last season all over again.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

1964white wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 2:34 pm I'll let you know later, how many times he lost possession & put our defence under the cosh.

We wouldn't get away with that sloppy play in the PL, it would be like last season all over again.
On TSB Moscow indicates he lost the ball 21 times in the first half alone. Quite a few players were guilty of giving away possession. But Lester pressed very effectively for a large portion of the game.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

He’d make a great full back in rugby. Old style like Serge Blanco. The way he pushed a few players out of his way. Great hand off.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

In the 1st half, he was constantly double marked. And instead of laying the ball off quickly he kept running into the double mark.

He has a trick that wasn't working for him. He'll fake towards his marker, the use his foot skills to change direction and get away. In the 1st half he was frustrating and kept running into the marker.

I'm not sure how that changed 2nd half. Maybe Bamford and James changed their set up. Maybe Roberts was more of a concern for them going forward. But there was definitely more space for Georgi. And he took full advantage of it. Turned a poor game into a good game.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Feb 24, 2024 3:09 pm On TSB Moscow indicates he lost the ball 21 times in the first half alone. Quite a few players were guilty of giving away possession. But Lester pressed very effectively for a large portion of the game.
I had Rutter down as losing possession 14 times in the first-half, 20 over the 90 minutes, plus 5 misplaced passes & committed three fouls, where his octopus legs tramples all over an opposition player :lol:

On the positive side:

19 excellent actions
7 successful runs/dribbles
6 brilliant passes
5 decent passes

Involved in all three goals.