Crysencio Summerville- EFL Championship Player Of The Year

For everything Leeds United related and everything not - Have your say... the Marching on Together way!
Forum rules
Please be sure you are acquainted with the forum rules outlined within our FAQs.

Help support the site by using our Amazon Affiliate link when making any purchases from Amazon.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Re: Crysencio Summerville

Post by 1964white »

Yes, but getting back on topic.....How good was Cree in extra-time?
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

1964white wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2024 6:00 pm Yes, but getting back on topic.....How good was Cree in extra-time?
Excellent :clap:
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Another top display from Cree!

Fantastic goal, poking the ball home whilst off balance.

I was in the kop directly behind the penalty, as soon as he lobbed the ball, I thought it was going over the bar, much relief when realising it was a perfect chip

20 decent actions
9 excellent passes
4 successful dribbles/runs
4 good crosses
1 block
1 stunning goal
1 Panenka penalty
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

I really hope we can manage to talk him into giving us at least one more season.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
Barlow Boy
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Barlow Boy »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:51 pm I really hope we can manage to talk him into giving us at least one more season.
Like most of our better players, it’ll come down to which league we are in.

I can’t see the likes of Summerville wanting another season in the Championship, and I wouldn’t blame him to be honest.
Don’t cry because you said goodbye to your pet, smile because you said hello
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Barlow Boy wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 8:52 pm Like most of our better players, it’ll come down to which league we are in.

I can’t see the likes of Summerville wanting another season in the Championship, and I wouldn’t blame him to be honest.
What if we go up though, I still dob't see him staying.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 10:38 pm What if we go up though, I still dob't see him staying.
If we go up I think we will keep him. Don't forget he is only really proven in the championship, apart fromt he odd flash in the Prem, so likely the only teams that would offer him guaranteed starts would be of a similar level to us, i.e. the mid to lower prem teams. I think it would take a good season in the prem for the rich teams to come sniffing. He has spent the last few years as a bit part player so now that he has been a regular all season he would surely want to stay where he was guaranteed starts rather than take the same risk as KP did.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

If we go up this season, we need to build a team around the likes of Summerville, Rutter, Rodon, Ampadu & Gray
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

weasel wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 11:36 pm If we go up I think we will keep him. Don't forget he is only really proven in the championship, apart fromt he odd flash in the Prem, so likely the only teams that would offer him guaranteed starts would be of a similar level to us, i.e. the mid to lower prem teams. I think it would take a good season in the prem for the rich teams to come sniffing. He has spent the last few years as a bit part player so now that he has been a regular all season he would surely want to stay where he was guaranteed starts rather than take the same risk as KP did.
Yea I get that, but these kids all think theyr'e the finished article (gnonto) and have no loyalty whatsoever to any club.
No goog us giving him a wage rise (which it;s all about, oh and the european games but just bench warm, KP) if his head isn't turned I'll be surprised to say the least, even west ham or villa could offer him more than we could.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

mentalcase wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 10:59 am Yea I get that, but these kids all think theyr'e the finished article (gnonto) and have no loyalty whatsoever to any club.
No goog us giving him a wage rise (which it;s all about, oh and the european games but just bench warm, KP) if his head isn't turned I'll be surprised to say the least, even west ham or villa could offer him more than we could.
For me - It will depend on which club comes in for him regardless of our league status. If a top six club or decent European club come sniffing with better terms and European football on offer he is likely to get his head turned.

He will be 23 next October still relatively young but I believe he has the self confidence to try the next level.

How the club deal with it if this happens will be interesting.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

DDB220 wrote: Mon Feb 12, 2024 11:19 am For me - It will depend on which club comes in for him regardless of our league status. If a top six club or decent European club come sniffing with better terms and European football on offer he is likely to get his head turned.

He will be 23 next October still relatively young but I believe he has the self confidence to try the next level.

How the club deal with it if this happens will be interesting.
Agree, seeing what happens with him and his bezzie gnonto will be interesting.
danhirons
Manager
Manager

Post by danhirons »

I think we'll be fine keeping him if we get promoted. After all, doing it in the championship v the prem is a big difference. He'll want to start for a team in the prem rather than be on the bench for a higher up team.

Issue will be if we don't get promoted, he will be gone, far too good for another season in the championship. Same with rutter, rodon, ampadu probably
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Nothing worked for him today.

Hopefully will spur him on for Leicester match.

Wonder if the niggles he is apparently suffering with have impacted his form a bit?

Goal contributions in 4 of his last 10 games, before that was 8 in 10.

Regardless he's allowed an off day.
Signed

King Cjay

mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Cjay wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 7:20 pm Nothing worked for him today.

Wonder if the niggles he is apparently suffering with have impacted his form a bit?

He wasn't at his best today, but these things happen, 3 points is the most important thing, he also looked unhappy sat on the bench, hopefully that's a reflection of how he played and nothing else.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

Goal contributions is a fickle mistress, it doesn't indicate a drop in form at all...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

The Subhuman wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2024 8:04 pm Goal contributions is a fickle mistress, it doesn't indicate a drop in form at all...
Didn't say a drop, good lord you trying to get me accused of being negative!!!!

Just a little tiny dip.

No criticism of him really overall.
Signed

King Cjay

weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Post by weasel »

With Gnonto and James being in good form I wouldn't be surprised to see James/Gnonto coming on as a sub for Summerville in future matches. Not sure what the situation was regarding no Jaydon Anthony today.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

I have 8 GC's in his last 10

Goal v Brum
Assist v Cardiff
2 Goals v Rotherham
Goal and Assist v Plymouth in the cup
Goal Assist v Swansea
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

mentalcase wrote: Sun Feb 11, 2024 6:51 pm I really hope we can manage to talk him into giving us at least one more season.
MC, the only way I see him going anywhere is if we don't get promoted. In the summer, when all the rats were deserting the ship, he made it plain that he was going to stay loyal to us. He's been a model pro for us all season, and an absolute rock. When we get promoted, which I expect will be confirmed during April, that will be the opportunity to tie all of our young talent into long deals, and believe me they will want to stay.

Farke has built a brilliant team spirit here at ER, and our players have all flourished under his tutelage. Players have developed under Farke, as they did under Bielsa. But the core talent of the individual players is much better than those who got promoted when we won the Championship, and they are also much younger, and for that reason I believe we have a better base to build upon in the EPL.

Even if the big bids come in for our players, I believe they will stay loyal to Farke, the club and their team mates, as this is a unique environment they will have developed and succeeded in. The bonding is clearly visible, and it's wonderful to watch, we see the benefits of the club's work every week on the pitch.

Farke and co will have a full summer to reshape our squad, the rats from last summer can all go for me, and Farke has demonstrated on numerous occasions that he has his own values and principles that players need to reach before they have the privilege of playing for Leeds United. When potential recruits see the ambition and talent that we have evidenced this season, and especially our new football identity, they will want to come here and play for Farke and with our talented young squad.

Especially good news for me, is that Farke continually emphasizes the team ethic and spirit, but is also quite happy to take the spotlight off himself and shine it on individual players, those are traits of a born leader and an inspirational character. Daniel also has the nous and grit to be able to identify any flaws and correct them, so he will make the tough decisions that are required for the club's progress. Ayling and a raft of others have been ushered gently and respectfully out the door, and make no mistake he will already be assessing replacements for the likes of Cooper and Bamford. The sentimentality that killed us last time won't be a factor in Farke's decision making, I'm 100% certain of that.

All is looking very good and positive for Leeds United, and the catalyst for all this has been getting Radz out the door and most crucially the recruitment of Farke. He has turned a battered, beaten and demoralized group of players into a winning machine in very short order, which when we stand back to reflect upon is absolutely incredible considering the dire humiliation we suffered over the previous two seasons.

Gray, Rodon, Ampadu, Firpo, Byram, Gruev, Rutter, Gnonto, Struijk, James, Kamara, Summerville, etc, it's amazing how much pride we feel when we even just think about these players, same as we did when Don, Billy and co were dominating world football. It's a new era and Farke and Summerville are the shining lights of what we have achieved and what is possible. I just don't see Summerville leaving what has been started, the sleeping giant of English football has woken up and is back on the path to glory.