Leeds v Plymouth - Player Ratings

Predict the scores...if you can!

- LUFC Match Predictions
- Predict Six
- FA Cup Predictions

Plenty to choose from - dip in and have a go - all MOT members welcome. Just for fun.
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Leeds v Plymouth - Player Ratings

Post by 1964white »

Meslier
Shackleton
Cooper
Rodon
Byram
Ampadu
Gruev
Anthony
Rutter
Gnonto
Piroe
subs:
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds v Plymouth - Player Ratings

Post by The Subhuman »

Meslier - 6.5
Shackleton - 7
Byram - 7.5
Ampadu - 7.5
Rodon - 7.5
Cooper - 7.5
Gnonto - 7.5
Gruev - 8
Piroe - 7
Rutter - 9.5
Anthony 8.5

Poveda - 6.5
Bamford - 7
Firpo - 7
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Rutter 9.5?! I'll have a pint of whatever you're on. Looking at some of your ratings one would believe we're winning every match!
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

Meslier - 6.5
Shackleton - 7
Cooper - 7
Rodon - 8.5
Byram - 7.5
Ampadu - 8
Gruev - 8
Anthony - 8.5
Rutter - 8.5
Gnonto - 7
Piroe - 7

Subs:

Poveda - 6.5
Bamford - 7
Firpo - 7
Joseph - n/a
In Farke we trust...
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Meslier-6
Shacks-6
Byram-7
Rodon-7.5
Cooper-6
Ampadu-7.5
Gruev-8.5
Anthony-8
Gnonto-6
Rutter8.5
Piroe-6
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

MightyWhites wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:18 pm Rutter 9.5?! I'll have a pint of whatever you're on. Looking at some of your ratings one would believe we're winning every match!
Everyone entitled to an opinion
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Tyzy
First Team
First Team

Post by Tyzy »

Meslier - 6
Shackleton - 6
Byram - 7
Ampadu - 7
Rodon - 6
Cooper - 7
Gnonto - 5
Gruev - 8
Piroe - 6
Rutter - 8
Anthony 8

Poveda - 6
Bamford - 7
Firpo - 6
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

MightyWhites wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:18 pm Rutter 9.5?! I'll have a pint of whatever you're on. Looking at some of your ratings one would believe we're winning every match!
There's always one
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

6 Meslier
6 Shackleton
7 Byram
7 Ampadu
8 Rodon
7 Cooper
6 Gnonto
8 Gruev
6 Piroe
8.5 Rutter
8 Anthony
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Meslier 7
Shackleton 7
Cooper 8
Rodon 8
Byram 7
Ampadu 7
Gruev 8
Anthony 7
Rutter 7
Gnonto 6
Piroe 6

subs:

Poveda 7
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Meslier - 5 - Poor distribution and still doesn't command his 6 yard box
Shackleton - 6 Started brightly, but faded
Cooper - 7 - Did the basics well
Rodon - 8 - Commanding and played on the front foot
Byram - 6.5 - Tidy enough, but faded mot likely due to FITNESS IMO
Ampadu - 7.5 - Controlled the midfield, but offers nothing offensive. Not his job to do that though.
Gruev -7 Started well and good set piece delivery. Faded second half
Anthony - 7 - Superb goal and some nice touches, Faded near the end, most likely due to match fitness
Rutter - 7 Some good stuff, some bad. Not sure what he brings, but enjoyable to watch
Gnonto - 6 - Ring rusty. Unlucky with the shot on the bar, but didn't really do anything else.
Piroe - 5.5 - Didn't offer much IMO
subs:
Last edited by MightyWhites on Sat Jan 27, 2024 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Meslier - 5 - Poor distribution and still doesn't command his 6 yard box
Shackleton - 6 Started brightly, but faded
Cooper - 7 - Did the basics well
Rodon - 8 - Commanding and played on the front foot
Byram - 6.5 - Tidy enough, but faded mot likely due to Fitness IMO
AMPADU - 7.5 - Controlled the midfield, but offers nothing offensive. Not his job to do that though.
Gruev -7 Started well and good set piece delivery. Faded second half
Anthony - Superb goal and some nice touches, Faded near the end, most likely due to match fitness
Rutter - 7 Some good stuff, some bad. Not sure what he brings, but enjoyable to watch
Gnonto - 6 - Ring rusty. Unlucky with the shot on the bar, but didn't really do anything else.
Piroe - 5.5 - Didn't offer much IMO
subs:
MightyWhites
Youth Team
Youth Team

Post by MightyWhites »

Cjay wrote: Sat Jan 27, 2024 5:39 pm Everyone entitled to an opinion
And that's mine to someone else's analysis.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Meslier - 6 - he looked shaky back there; had to restrain himself twice from charging out, which looked awkward. Didn’t inspire confidence in this one.
Shackleton - 6 - thought he got caught pushing too far ahead a couple of times, one of which sprang their goal. Otherwise, was okay. Would’ve liked to have seen him out on the left as he might’ve looked better there.
Cooper - 7.5 - thought he looked pretty good, no complaints
Rodon - 8 - another typical Rodon performance
Byram - 7 - steady performance from him. Thought he, too, might be partially to blame for the goal.
Ampadu - 7 - thought he and Gruev were too similar. Would’ve liked to have seen Kamara in there at the 8.
Gruev - 7.5 - see Ampadu. Edges Ampadu given his set piece distribution and close long range shot.
Anthony - 7.5 - wonderful goal. Really happy for him. Had a couple of other nice moments, but also some quiet stretches and I partially fault him on the goal as well for not staying with his man.
Rutter - 7.5 - a bit wasteful with the ball as others noted, but was also our main creative engine.
Gnonto - 6 - I get that playing left wing isn’t his ideal position, but I expected more from him with this opportunity. Wondering if the injury slowed him up.
Piroe - 5.5 - would like to see the stats on how many times he lost the ball. Was a pretty quiet and disappointing performance from him as I expected more from him with this opportunity.

subs:

Poveda - 6 - a bit of a spark early on, but then Plymouth figured out how easy he is to push off the ball and was subsequently neutralized.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

i had the same thoughts, i thought we must of won and rutter scored a hat trick. I believe he is supposed to be a forward
pjm2019
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by pjm2019 »

so for all the guys who say we do not need new players in the next 7 days just look at the comments. We must sell Gnonto now if we get £10m+ i would be very happy
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

We battered them after the first 10 minutes until half time but we didn't make it count. Fair play to Plymouth they took advantage of our lethargy second half and got themselves back in to it. The team looked strong enough on paper to get the job done they didn't now we have the logistical pain in the ass trip down to the South Coast.

Meslier 6:
Shackleton 6: I would rather see him back in midfield.
Cooper 7: A solid return from Coops
Rodon 8: Big Joe playing like its is last ever game.
Byram 6: Bit disappointed with Sam he looks to have lost that early season momentum.
Ampadu 8: I though Amps was excellnt especially first half.
Gruev 7: Played second fiddle to Amps. Others have said it they are too alike.
Anthony 8: Great goal and he played well overall. It needed to be him for that moment.
Rutter 8: Some cracking moments of skill.
Gnonto 5: He's sinking faster than the Titanic. And the rolling about is starting to get on my nerves. Not just him.
Piroe 5: If he's not a 9 then i don't see what the point of buying him was.

Chelski of Villa away in the next round. If it was at home i may have said go for it.
1964white

Post by 1964white »

Leeds1000 wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:28 am Gnonto 5: He's sinking faster than the Titanic. And the rolling about is starting to get on my nerves. Not just him.
Piroe 5: If he's not a 9 then i don't see what the point of buying him was.
You make a good point with regard to Piroe.

Andrea Russo (an Italian journalist/Leeds fan) & Locky (studying a sports degree at Leeds Uni) both are astute tacticians & commented about Piroe when we were linked with him last summer, that he may not fit the Farke system.

As for Gnonto, he's had plenty of chances in cup games against lower opposition and has produced nothing special yet. Apart from all the rolling about & moaning, his work rate is a concern for me, Willy doesn't look like a Premier League player on this season's performances. He should be tearing the championship up, when given the opportunities to shine, the sad reality is, he isn't. :(
Leeds1000
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Leeds1000 »

1964white wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 10:01 am You make a good point with regard to Piroe.

Andrea Russo (an Italian journalist/Leeds fan) & Locky (studying a sports degree at Leeds Uni) both are astute tacticians & commented about Piroe when we were linked with him last summer, that he may not fit the Farke system.

As for Gnonto, he's had plenty of chances in cup games against lower opposition and has produced nothing special yet. Apart from all the rolling about & moaning, his work rate is a concern for me, Willy doesn't look like a Premier League player on this season's performances. He should be tearing the championship up, when given the opportunities to shine, the sad reality is, he isn't. :(
Agree regards Gnonto. He has been disappointing after his great start and neville mentioning him along with citeh. Lets hope the rumoured new contract is on the proviso that he gets his head and buys into what Farke wants from him. That attitude when he gets fouled waiting for the world to stop along with him won't get him anywhere. Farke should sit him down to watch footage of the way Raph used to go about his business.