Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Leeds Utd v Birmingham City Match Thread

Post by weasel »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:37 pm Oh the feckin 'Goonsquad' on here are today crowing that they were right about Rutter, they haven't a feckin clue, they think they've been right all along about switching Piroe/Rutter, they are just wayyyyyyyy too feckin gormless to see what actually happened today.

But the one and only Cjay should be along to explain it all.

Not.

Unless he scours the net that is, and finds someone that's picked up on it, then spews it out as his own.

Get him sacked i say, get him sacked, he doesn't stand loyal to his players to correct things when things are going awry :)

Would it be fair to say up until today we've been playing two 10 and 1/2's possibly two 9 and a 1/2s, have we indeed had a definite 9 or a definite 10 all season, Cjay will know - He's the guy that wanted to play Piroe at 9 on his jack, laughable :roflmao:
Spot on. Neither of them have played as 10 or 9 in the way the roles are defined by people who just look at a formation board and go with it.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:29 pm We'll agree to disagree then. I'm sure your correct though.
They were made to look very poor yes, our players were very much on it and their roles today.

Excellent management from DF, we didn't look leggy at all,

You can be the better team as we have been in most of our draws and losses, i see what the manager is trying to do, some can't, some don't and some won't.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:41 pm Spot on. Neither of them have played as 10 or 9 in the way the roles are defined by people who just look at a formation board and go with it.
And PB comes in today that has so much intelligence in his movement mainly off the ball and DF goes to a very very obvious 4-2-3-1 which is abundantly clear from the off, with Kamara pushing into a 4-1-4-1, which tells me he doesn't trust either of Piroe or Rutter to play the lone 9 role and why he persevered with the 4-2-4 after having so much success with it with all 4 contributing.

But no, they think they're right by saying 'told you he shudda switched Piroe n Rutter'....Oh do please feck off.

Switch Rutter/Piroe my arse.

I should imagine PB will keep that spot now barring a broken toenail, or the varnish on it.
Not dependent on Google, the www or 'stats' - Just a guy that puts his eyes to full use on the beautiful game :geek:

;@)
Sean_Nile
First Team
First Team

Post by Sean_Nile »

FARKE on Bamford, Rutter and setbacks
Mick Jones shoulder
Manager
Manager

Post by Mick Jones shoulder »

Rutter been dropping deep all season, couldn't tell what joel has been doing as I don't think he knows what he's supposed to being doing himself.

No wonder they struggle together

Shame as he looks our most gifted finisher.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

weasel wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:16 pm And a good manager organises tactics to get the best out of what he has. Spence, Gray, Firpo, Ayling etc all better going forward so you set up the tactics to allow them to play to their strengths. They bomb forward and at times will be woefully out of position which is why you then have Ampadu as a very defensive midfielder. So the manager papers over the cracks as he only has one full back, Byram, who is just as good defensively as he is going forward. We don't have the superb team or squad that many fans seem to think we have (the same fans who slagged off all the players in the summer and were expecting us to struggle) but we do have a manager who plays a way to get the best out of the players. I haven't lost faith in the manager but have doubts over some of the players.

Also interesting to see all the fans crowing about Rutter's performance in the no.10 role today. I thought he had a good game but if I wasn't aware that he was playing as a 10 instead of a 9, I wouldn't have noticed any difference to how he has played all season or what positions he was dropping into. Rutter played exactly the same as he has played all season, he drops deep when he wants, he picks the ball up in midfield or even at full back when he wants and he links the play up. He doesn't play as a 'traditional' number 9 whether he is playing as a 9 or a 10.
All the vast majority on here seem to see is the result and feck all else, if Birmingham had put some chances away like teams have been doing against us, they'd have been crying like fck....'blah blah feckin blah, why do we concede, blub blub, why can't DF fix it, blub blah blub, why's the feckin sky falling in blub blub, sack DF blah blah'

But if we'd also put ALL our chances away today, we'd have had 8.

And i noticed DF thowing his arms up when we missed another sitter as if to say (like Bert) " Jesus wtf do i have to do with these gormless feckers, walk it in for em ffs ???"

;@)
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:16 pm And a good manager organises tactics to get the best out of what he has. Spence, Gray, Firpo, Ayling etc all better going forward so you set up the tactics to allow them to play to their strengths. They bomb forward and at times will be woefully out of position which is why you then have Ampadu as a very defensive midfielder. So the manager papers over the cracks as he only has one full back, Byram, who is just as good defensively as he is going forward. We don't have the superb team or squad that many fans seem to think we have (the same fans who slagged off all the players in the summer and were expecting us to struggle) but we do have a manager who plays a way to get the best out of the players. I haven't lost faith in the manager but have doubts over some of the players.

Also interesting to see all the fans crowing about Rutter's performance in the no.10 role today. I thought he had a good game but if I wasn't aware that he was playing as a 10 instead of a 9, I wouldn't have noticed any difference to how he has played all season or what positions he was dropping into. Rutter played exactly the same as he has played all season, he drops deep when he wants, he picks the ball up in midfield or even at full back when he wants and he links the play up. He doesn't play as a 'traditional' number 9 whether he is playing as a 9 or a 10.
I could tell the difference ...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
Carrick Dave
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Carrick Dave »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:55 pm And PB comes in today that has so much intelligence in his movement mainly off the ball and DF goes to a very very obvious 4-2-3-1 which is abundantly clear from the off, with Kamara pushing into a 4-1-4-1, which tells me he doesn't trust either of Piroe or Rutter to play the lone 9 role and why he persevered with the 4-2-4 after having so much success with it with all 4 contributing.

But no, they think they're right by saying 'told you he shudda switched Piroe n Rutter'....Oh do please feck off.

Switch Rutter/Piroe my arse.

I should imagine PB will keep that spot now barring a broken toenail, or the varnish on it.
Have you opened that champers young Kenny?
White Riot
Superstar
Superstar

Post by White Riot »

Sean_Nile wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:53 pm At least he made Georginio happy
IMG_20240101_194946.jpg
If he does the job that he's handsomely paid to do then I'll be happy.

Last two seasons he's done zero.

One goal is a start, but he has a lot to prove and needs to justify the long contract and big wages we're paying him.
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Mick Jones shoulder wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:02 pm Rutter been dropping deep all season, couldn't tell what joel has been doing as I don't think he knows what he's supposed to being doing himself.

No wonder they struggle together

Shame as he looks our most gifted finisher.
They haven't particularly struggled until recently Mick, just lately teams have had some success blocking us out, and yes they've started to look tired, but we have been the better 'footballing' team and DF had given them time earned previously to fix it, but we began hitting a brickwall on a number of fronts, and guess what ??? PRESS THE FCKING PANIC BUTTON ! Let's get shut, and give some other fckin dude a 'start all over again from scratch reign.

DF nails it in his interviews, especially the last one Sean put up - WE ARE NOT A PREM SIDE YET, we are climbing steps.

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

Carrick Dave wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:10 pm Have you opened that champers young Kenny?
Can't remember what i was opening it for now ? But i did have a fiver on PB first goal, and 3-1 Leeds which i forgot to check the cash out on when 3-0 up

;@)
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

White Riot wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:31 pm Bamfraud should not be on the pitch, he gives us nothing. Why would you play him at striker when you have one of the best finishers in Piroe available?

When he does play Piroe he sticks him in midfield and Rutter who can't finish up top!

If Spence is fit hd should be starting at RB and Archie in midfield.

Farke is costing us points and I'm getting pissed off with it.
8-)

;@)
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

As if the eye test didn't support this enough, his heat maps certainly do. No difference today from his other maps from previous matches. Other than not being on regular "press the keeper" duty, he was still all over the pitch and making things happen wherever he popped up.
In Farke we trust...
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Cjay wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 3:54 pm Rutter looks much happier at 10 than Piroe, takes up really intelligent positions.

Bamford looks better at 9 than Rutter and has a strikers instinct hence his goal.

And Firpo good lord looks like a real decent wing back, it changes the dynamics having a natural left footed there.

Happy enough.

Done OK after a slog of half am hour.
I've said it many times. We'd look better with Bamford up front and Rutter in the 10. Piroe is the best finisher of the group and has the best goal scoring record. By far. But Farke wants a pressing number 9 and has basically told us that Piroe is not that. Rutter is not a striker. Piroe is not a 10. Only makes sense to play Bamford at 9 and Rutter at 10. I'm not saying it should always be that. but I'd been asking for it for a month.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

BillyBremner wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:05 pm Good result as other teams dropping points today - maybe the tide will change in second part of the season Image
Despite the 2 game blip, we're exactly where we were after the Ipswich game. 7 points off 2nd. Although Southampton have stuck their noses in.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

Kennyb41 wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:37 pm Oh the feckin 'Goonsquad' on here are today crowing that they were right about Rutter, they haven't a feckin clue, they think they've been right all along about switching Piroe/Rutter, they are just wayyyyyyyy too feckin gormless to see what actually happened today.

But the one and only Cjay should be along to explain it all.

Not.

Unless he scours the net that is, and finds someone that's picked up on it, then spews it out as his own.

Get him sacked i say, get him sacked, he doesn't stand loyal to his players to correct things when things are going awry :)

Would it be fair to say up until today we've been playing two 10 and 1/2's possibly two 9 and a 1/2s, have we indeed had a definite 9 or a definite 10 all season, Cjay will know - He's the guy that wanted to play Piroe at 9 on his jack, laughable :roflmao:
Farke has already said Rutter was playing a different role :lol:

Stop rambling and trying to piggy back of Weasel's posts.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:46 pm I've said it many times. We'd look better with Bamford up front and Rutter in the 10. Piroe is the best finisher of the group and has the best goal scoring record. By far. But Farke wants a pressing number 9 and has basically told us that Piroe is not that. Rutter is not a striker. Piroe is not a 10. Only makes sense to play Bamford at 9 and Rutter at 10. I'm not saying it should always be that. but I'd been asking for it for a month.
You train Piroe like Bielsa did with Bamford.

Rutter wants to drop, Piroe is told to drop.

Play gets congested.

It's simple enough imo.

You work on it on the training ground, this is what DF needs to do.

Rutter thrived today.

I was pleased to see Piroe did play up front when he came on.

Hopefully a penny drop moment.
Last edited by Cjay on Mon Jan 01, 2024 8:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
PhoenixUnited
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PhoenixUnited »

AcrossThePondAsh wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 5:21 pm Still learning the correct lingo, Chili...can't get anything past you eagle-eyed Brits :lol:
Limeys surely? :)
Keep The Faith MOT WAL
Kennyb41
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Kennyb41 »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 7:46 pm I've said it many times. We'd look better with Bamford up front and Rutter in the 10. Piroe is the best finisher of the group and has the best goal scoring record. By far. But Farke wants a pressing number 9 and has basically told us that Piroe is not that. Rutter is not a striker. Piroe is not a 10. Only makes sense to play Bamford at 9 and Rutter at 10. I'm not saying it should always be that. but I'd been asking for it for a month.
:tup: It's a very specific role that lone 9 role, and it's far from just 'bangin goals in.

;@)
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

weasel wrote: Mon Jan 01, 2024 6:28 pm Do you not recall that remarkable stat that seemed to go on for a couple of years where every time a team beat Leeds they lost their next match? I do think a lot of teams and players see Leeds as their cup final and raise themselves but then go back to their usual standard the following week, Liam Millar a likely example from world beater to anonymous. I do think that Ipswich in particular have probably benefitted a lot this season from teams seeing them as a league 1 side and going at them but playing into their hands - they may find it tougher now as teams don't take them lightly any more.
They are finding it tougher. 4 points from their last 5. No way they're staying in the top 2. Looks more and more likely that the 3 relegated teams will finish top 3.