Leeds Utd v Coventry City Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Re: Leeds Utd v Coventry City Match Thread

Post by Scoobychief »

This is not acceptable if you want automatic promotion f**king shite. I dont give a s**t what anyone says its f**king shite
BlackHillsPaul
First Team
First Team

Post by BlackHillsPaul »

First half a bit disappointing for me. WHY can’t the Manager figure out that Georginio and Piroe need to switch places. Piroe is a finisher. And Georgi is a creative player. Duh!!
Football/Futbol/Soccer
John in Louisiana
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by John in Louisiana »

BlackHillsPaul wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:57 pm First half a bit disappointing for me. WHY can’t the Manager figure out that Georginio and Piroe need to switch places. Piroe is a finisher. And Georgi is a creative player. Duh!!
Hey, Paul! Long time no see. Good to see you back
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Well soon be dropping to 4th f**king place if this carries on
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

Meanwhile Geronimo the horse wins again at 14/1.
After being banned for life on here he did the next best thing. Turned in to a horse.
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Tyzy wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:41 pm This game so far feels like a replica of the Sunderland game
So who has to come off at halftime? Sounds like James is back after the Sunderland debacle. Sounds like Rutter is off. So perhaps Paddy or Gnonto for him? Is Ampadu looking sluggish? If so, Gruev?

Can’t quite tell what are issues are from the radio broadcast via LUTV. Are Coventry copying Sunderland’s “low block and nick a point” strategy? Again, can’t quite tell from the radio or the comments here.
Fly Fishing, Skiing, and The Damned United
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:55 pm This is not acceptable if you want automatic promotion f**king shite. I dont give a s**t what anyone says its f**king shite
Get off the fence
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:59 pm So who has to come off at halftime? Sounds like James is back after the Sunderland debacle. Sounds like Rutter is off. So perhaps Paddy or Gnonto for him? Is Ampadu looking sluggish? If so, Gruev?

Can’t quite tell what are issues are from the radio broadcast via LUTV. Are Coventry copying Sunderland’s “low block and nick a point” strategy? Again, can’t quite tell from the radio or the comments here.
As DF made a half time sub previously ?
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:58 pm Meanwhile Geronimo the horse wins again at 14/1.
After being banned for life on here he did the next best thing. Turned in to a horse.
Geronimo WAS a leed fans like me and a few others we can see s**t before it happens.
Clitheroe White
Subs Bench
Subs Bench

Post by Clitheroe White »

We will be better in the 2nd half attacking our preferred end.
LUFC DAVE 7
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by LUFC DAVE 7 »

Finnatic wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:49 pm James, Rodon, Spence and Struijk the pick for me first half
Dan James our best attacker.
Dan James our best defender.
Dan James our best player today!
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

JoeDenver wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 3:59 pm So who has to come off at halftime? Sounds like James is back after the Sunderland debacle. Sounds like Rutter is off. So perhaps Paddy or Gnonto for him? Is Ampadu looking sluggish? If so, Gruev?

Weak stream again for me. No prostate jokes please.
From what I saw it was too intricate and trying to walk the ball in to the net. Rutter should score. Summerville should’ve ignored Rutter and gone right and shot himself. Going to be a game of few chances.
I sense some tiredness
SG90
Superstar
Superstar

Post by SG90 »

Gnonto, Gruev and Joseph are the ones I'd like to see on. Too many players on the bench who offer nothing.
Scoobychief
Manager
Manager

Post by Scoobychief »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:02 pm Get off the fence
What you talking about dick head its f**king shite boy. We need to win this game don't make excuses ffs
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

DDB220 wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:03 pm As DF made a half time sub previously ?
I know. Totally agree. But that doesn’t change the fact he needs to start making subs sooner. Real opportunity to get three points here and claw ourselves back in the race.
Orange Box
Manager
Manager

Post by Orange Box »

Coventry aren’t really doing anything Joe. We are being so wasteful with poor passing and OVER, OVER intricate forward play. It just isn’t nice to watch. Rutter is running but poor quality trying to hold the ball up.Ampadu isn’t awful, but I think Kamara, to quote the legendary Jackson Browne, is running on empty.
WARNING: During game time, any post I make is not to be taken seriously, neither is it meant as offence. I'm a hot-blooded creature prone to moments of exasperation and expletive.
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

Geo needs to play his way into the game - rather than trying a trick or elaborate lay off everytime the ball is played into him. All defenders do when he tries to use his strength is take a pace backwards and he generally falls over.
hector

Post by hector »

Scoobychief wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:04 pm What you talking about dick head its f**king shite boy. We need to win this game don't make excuses ffs
play nice please
DDB was cracking a funny :shock:
CUSSIE01
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by CUSSIE01 »

Can’t you pay £10 & watch the match Joe.
Keeping The Faith
JoeDenver
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by JoeDenver »

Jaydog wrote: Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:04 pm Weak stream again for me. No prostate jokes please.
From what I saw it was too intricate and trying to walk the ball in to the net. Rutter should score. Summerville should’ve ignored Rutter and gone right and shot himself. Going to be a game of few chances.
I sense some tiredness
Thanks so much. That’s my sense with out seeing it. Again, I go back to not making some changes to the lineup. It was sorely needed last match (at least early subs) and it sounds like it’s pure stubbornness getting in the way of doing what’s necessary.