Blackburn Rovers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
weasel
Superstar
Superstar

Re: Blackburn Rovers v Leeds Utd Match Thread

Post by weasel »

The Subhuman wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 9:31 pm Don't recall a loss of form pre op..
I didn't say there was. My point was that if it was impacting him prior to the op then he should be even better playing without pain.
The Subhuman
Superstar
Superstar

Post by The Subhuman »

weasel wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 10:46 pm I didn't say there was. My point was that if it was impacting him prior to the op then he should be even better playing without pain.
Maybe maybe not, pain is often great at focusing the mind for some. Crosby for the Raiders is one, played on a bum knee last two games, he's been on fire

We see sportsmen as automatons, every single one should be exactly the same as the other...
"Never debate an idiot, they'll only drag you down to their level and they have the advantage of experience"
DDB220
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by DDB220 »

weasel wrote: Mon Dec 11, 2023 6:10 pm I wouldn't even say that in this case it is about experience over youth just Farke picking the best player for the position and at this point in time that would clearly be Rodon. If it was down to just experience then we'd be seeing Ayling at RB instead of Gray, Cooper instead of Struyjk etc.

Cresswell was in and out, mainly out in the first half of the season, for Millwall. He is raw and needs games. He seemed to do well when having a good run for them. I do feel a lot of fans overrate defenders who score a few goals and whilst it is a nice asset to have the most important thing is defending for a centreback - followed closely these days by being comfortable on the ball.
You misinterpreted my post, it is about CC not getting the nod over experience in replacing Rodon if he isn’t available. There is no way he starts before Rodon.