Stoke City v Leeds Utd - Post match discussion

Archive for all MOT match day threads including match previews, in game chat, reports and ratings.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Re: Stoke City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gruev starts as Farke makes three changes

Post by whiteinfrance »

Boo Radley wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:08 pm This!

Start your best team, get control of the game and take players off as needed then.

This is exactly what I said early in the thread before kick off
Allez les Blancs , Les Paons
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Re: Stoke City v Leeds Utd Match Thread - Gruev starts as Farke makes three changes

Post by Jaydog »

Bamford is my main issue from tonight. Really shouldn’t be taking a pen. I presume barring the changes it would be Piroe. Would like to have seen him take one for future reference. Or Georgi with a panenka maybe.
Edit. Bamford got the pen I suppose but still.
Last edited by Jaydog on Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cjay
Superstar
Superstar

Post by Cjay »

We started passively and allowed Stoke to control the game

This allowed them to overload the midfield and put Archie Gray under immense pressure. Its noticeable teams that ask full backs to play like midfielders control the game (Arsenal, City, Liverpool or even Leicester)

They don't sit back.

Our strength is our attack and getting them on the ball, yet Rutter had had 9 touches mid way through the 1st half.

You don't invite pressure on a 17 year old midfielder playing full back vs a tricky winger.

You don't drop your inform player.

You don't play Piroe at 10 vs a midfield 3 if you are going to sit back because you get overrun.
Last edited by Cjay on Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Signed

King Cjay

Fountain of all knowledge and wisdom
1964white
Twitter: @1964white

Post by 1964white »

Why make three changes away from home, none of them played a full 90 minutes.

I could understand changes at ER.
Jaydog
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by Jaydog »

whiteinfrance wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:12 pm This is exactly what I said early in the thread before kick off
Are you sure :duno:
I think maybe you mentioned a badger or something.
That’s all I remember.
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by andrewjohnsmith »

Pubrunner wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:50 pm So disappointing !

I expected Bamford to miss !

Rutter has worked hard and had a very good game.

Somerville should have been on from the start - we need to be taking one game at a time and not be resting players for the following game.
Agree. If we were resting players it should have been on Saturday. Today was the tougher game. Play best side 2 games in a row (3 days rest). Then see who's good to play v Huddersfield.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

If Farke is prone to the mistakes he made tonight how did he get 2 promotions?
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Scoobychief wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:53 pm Gruel please keep him in the under 23 ffs
Keeping Forshaw (free) would have been better than signing Gruev. I said it.
WhiteRose
First Team
First Team

Post by WhiteRose »

More pissed off than any result this season too many games where we just don’t turn up or start games really slowly not sure what the problem is but Farke needs to sort it out asap
Bally
First Team
First Team

Post by Bally »

Farke messed up tinkering with the team,we aren’t Man City play your best team
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

Jaydog wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:14 pm Are you sure :duno:
I think maybe you mentioned a badger or something.
That’s all I remember.
Alzheimers !!!!
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

We;ll struggle to beat huddersfield on this showing.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

SG90 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:53 pm Whoever let him take it deserves to take the blame tonight. No one big enough to tell him no. It's all about his ego, was probably shushing the fans in his mind when he was taking it.
Essentially, Bamford was captain on the field. Strujik had the armband. But Bamford has long been one of the club captains/leaders. Probably 3rd captain after Cooper and Ayling. Bamford was in charge and made the decision himself.
AcrossThePondAsh
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Post by AcrossThePondAsh »

andrewjohnsmith wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:15 pm Keeping Forshaw (free) would have been better than signing Gruev. I said it.
:lol: ...think your safe saying this today :lol:
In Farke we trust...
1964white

Post by 1964white »

mentalcase wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:11 pm He would have missed if the goalie was sat behind the net :evil:
:rol: :rol: :rol:
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

CUSSIE01 wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:55 pm Some worried about Stoke parking the bus, bloody ran the bus over the top of us, outplayed us from the 1st minute. Shocking display.
Exactly. Stoke looked more like promotion contenders than we did.
whiteinfrance
First Team
First Team

Post by whiteinfrance »

whiteinfrance wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:16 pm Alzheimers !!!!
Actually I think we both neglected the BEAVER!!
andrewjohnsmith
Site Contributor
Site Contributor

Overman wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2023 8:55 pm On this showing, him and Anthony, look like very mediocre signings. Not good enough for rotating at this level. Stoke were there for the taking and our strongest side should have started.
Gruev didn't look good enough. But I'll give him a pass as it was his first start.

Anthony looking like a useful sub. But I wouldn't depend on him as a regular starter.
mentalcase

Post by mentalcase »

Can't wait for tomorrows debate, especially when Ian comes on and mentions the "pile on" against bamfraud again, like it isn't justified.
Last edited by mentalcase on Wed Oct 25, 2023 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Critics are men that watch a battle from a high place, then come down and shoot the survivors"
1964white

Post by 1964white »

How many more points are we going to drop to poor teams, whilst Leicester & Ipswich keep winning?